Start by marking “Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)” as Want to Read:
Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)

Raging Star (Dust Lands Trilogy #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  3,718 ratings  ·  655 reviews
Her passion kept them alive. Now it may destroy them all.

Saba is ready to seize her destiny and defeat DeMalo...until she meets him and finds herself drawn to the man and his vision of a healed earth, a New Eden. DeMalo wants Saba to join him, in life and work, to build a stable, sustainable world…for the chosen few. The young and the healthy. Under his control.

Jack’s choi
Published May 13th 2014 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Raging Star, please sign up.

Millie Godfery This is the same with me! I have to wait until August till it comes out in stores. Arrrggh so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain- I don't know…moreThis is the same with me! I have to wait until August till it comes out in stores. Arrrggh so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain- I don't know how much longer I can wait....(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
42nd out of 2,594 books — 15,761 voters
YA Novels of 2014
34th out of 1,470 books — 7,795 voters

More lists with this book...

Nisat
Jan 08, 2013 Nisat marked it as to-read
Ok i'ma rant right now. I just finished Rebel Heart and i'm unsatisfied.

1st: How the hell is Saba just gonna leave without finishing that vudo magic trick with Ewdice, or whatever her name is. Like bitch, you could already tell dark foreshadowing, you need to haul your ass back to Ewdice and finish your spell cast!!

2nd: Jack's just annoying the shit outa me. Saba goes through all that trouble tracking his ass and he's all chill like, i'm trying to do the right things Saba and i'm sorry I made
Kyle
Oct 17, 2013 Kyle marked it as to-read
10/17/13: It's an ok cover. I really did prefer the original style of the first book though and wish they had kept up with that.

4/14/13: I LOVE THIS TITLE SO MUCH.

2014.

Wow.

I just -

I can't.

Lisa RC
SPOILER ALERT.

OKAY. Just finished Rebel Heart. Let's just say it's done a good job. Now we all have to wait a year or two for the final book to come out.

What I hope will happen
Saba doesn't get pregnant and Jack never knows of Saba's betrayal.
Lugh dies. Hopefully it's on his way to that utopia of his so the readers will laugh at the irony. Or the ugly Tontons get him again.
If not dead, Lugh realizes how awesome Jack is and apologizes.
Meav comes back to life (but doesn't choose Lugh).
Saba
Cindy
May 09, 2014 Cindy marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-must-have-this
September 2013 update: 7 months and 10 days left, guys.
There's nothing to do but wait, I suppose...

"DeMalo wants Saba to join him, in life and work, to create and build a healthy, stable, sustainable world"
AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING DESPERATE, SETH DEMALO, I JUST WANT TO INFORM YOU THAT IF SABA DOESN'T WANT TO JOIN YOU, I'M AVAILABLE. I WILL GLADLY AND WILLINGLY FIGHT BY YOUR SIDE. EVEN IF YOU TURN OUT TO BE A HEARTLESS BASTARD.
fez i love you photo: fez i love you tumblr_lavnevs5w91qac0gq.gif
(find it in your hearts not to judge me too harshly, fellow readers. I
Madeleine
Mother. Fucking. Dustlands.

Every book I finish of this series, I snap shut with the same reaction.

I...I have very mixed feelings on this series' end.

Why is it I walk away from these books with nothing but positive recommendations, yet as I read, I skim, drag, and look ahead, every sign of a bad book? I am not in the moment during these books. I am anxiously waiting for them to get better.

These books have been an emotional struggle for me. I love them in theory, and sometimes in practice. Jack
Michelle
Alright Blood Red Road was definatly a promising book that got me hooked right away. Rebel Heart like oh hot damnn. But honestly I hated Lugh. Is it bad to say I hope he dies in the third book. Seriously the kid is all oh I love you sis and then like two pages later he goes all phsyco on her. And whenever she left to go do what she does rescuing people and saving the day he always stopped her or tagged along slowing her down. Like dude back off.

Let's talk about DeMalo. Okay that guy is insane. l
Genocide criminal genius & master of all villainy Unknown
WHAT?!?!?!

2014?????????????

description

Well now I'm depressed......ARGH!

Saru (Queen of Bookland)
Edit: 9/2/13-

WAIT. IS THAT THE COVER. WHAT.

Well, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of these covers. But whatever. It's what's inside that counts.

Well...

The very last paragraph of Rebel Heart was just like...

Natasa
May 12, 2013 Natasa marked it as to-read
Came on to Goodreads today to see when this book comes out, because I thought it was soon. My reaction when I saw I saw 2014:

Which was immediately followed by this:

TRILOGIES (especially this one):
description
Yup, I need to know how a story ends. This is probably some messed up way of teaching us how to be patient.
Kit Kat
Mar 16, 2014 Kit Kat marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-be-continued
I have to wait till May!! for this book???? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Mrs. Young you are making me suffer!!!!!!!!!!=(

description
I waited about a week to write this review...mostly because I didn't think it deserved one. I've seen some of the reviews other people have written and most of them are in the 4-5 star range. To those people I can only say that I'm glad you didn't feel that you wasted your time reading this, because I sure as hell did.

This book is hands down the worst book I've read all year. Granted, it's only May, but I will bet anyone who reads this review that it will remain the worst for the next half of th
Wea
Sep 27, 2012 Wea marked it as to-read
Shelves: someday-lol
why would it take soooooooo long? 2014 are you fu**ing kidding me?!

OhWell
Impressions right after Rebel Heart:

Too bad Jack didn't manage to kill himself while blowing up the Tonton ammo storage. Let's hope he makes a quick exit in book 3...

Update after reading Raging Star...

It wasn’t as terrible as I had expected, as the plot had some direction this time, but it’s hard to like a book when you don’t feel an emotional connection to any of the characters. Moira Young finally managed to portray DeMalo as the villain, but there were a couple of points that made me uncom
Lucy
Nov 12, 2013 Lucy marked it as to-read
Raging Star (Dust Lands) 2014????

I have a problem with this.
Bonnie
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I received this book free from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Good grief, what happened to this series? Upon finishing Blood Red Road my response was something along the lines of “OMG ALL THE STARS. YOU GET ALL THE STARS YOU AMAZING BOOK.” There may have also been some arm flailing. And then came the interminable wait for the next installment, Rebel Heart, but as soon as it had release
Estelle (E)
*heavy sigh*
Just finished and I feel very disappointted..

Firstly, I didn't remember the narration was with slang all the way and that there were no speech marks at all.. I'm not sure why I didn't remember that, I read the other 2 books. But that required heavy concentration...which made me fall asleep every time I picked up the book! (I swear I fell asleep at least 4 times while reading it).

Secondly, (which may be another reason), I waited (not too patiently) for the book to start.. and that hap
Erin Bowman
07/01/13:
Simply put, I am obsessed with this series. The dialect, the world, the characters… I love it all.

In this final installment, a threat from DeMalo leaves Saba with seven days to either surrender her fight or find a way to defeat him and his plans for New Eden. This ticking-clock element keeps the pacing tight and tensions high. A few masterfully crafted scenes written in third person reveal a traitor within Saba’s group, though the details are vague. I was constantly torn between who I t
Josephine Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
You just take your time, Moira. I can wait. :)
Helen
Feb 25, 2015 Helen marked it as on-the-shelf-and-going-to-read
So... that's the cover?

lilithstealsyou
I just finished this book and absolutely loved it. The final installation in the Dust Lands trilogy did not disappoint. Despite all the 'If you liked Hunger Games you'll love this' comments, I actually preferred this trilogy. I felt it was more consistent in terms of pacing, and the ending in 'Raging Star' was much more satisfying and well-planned (and less rushed!) than 'Mockingjay'. Also, the author's world-building was amazing. I couldn't put it down. What am I going to read now?

(view spoile
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
What a read! Raging Star is a surprisingly different read from what I anticipated but it was still go good that I couldn’t put it down, and it’s definitely an unforgettable finale!

Moira Young is back with the long awaited finale in her Dustlands series, and this time we see Saba, Jack and the guerilla band trying to take down DeMalo and his Tonton militia in a number of different ways. Saba’s hiding many secrets – especially her connection with DeMalo and that one weak moment where Saba gives i
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Jun 19, 2014 Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* marked it as probably-not
4/12/14:

I'll probably end up reading this, but ... ehhh I don't know. I'm torn because the second book was kinda disappointing. I may wait to see how other people feel about it first. So if you read it ... let me know what you think, because I'm kind of undecided.

6/19/14:

Due to all the negative reviews I've been seeing, I think I'll probably skip this after all. After I was disappointed by the second book I didn't feel particularly compelled to keep reading ... and from what I've heard, this on
Kilikina
OHHH HELL NO. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

2014!?

SOMEONE PUT ME OUT OF THIS MISERY.......
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* Young Adult, Dystopian
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Raging Star is the final novel in the Dust Lands Trilogy. After an epic delay where I truly didn't believe that we WOULD ever see a final conclusion to this series, the series comes to a close with Saba having to make more difficult choices, some may or may not surprise you after reading this far into the series.

Saba's heart is twisted in different directions. She truly wants to keep her Brother and Sister safe from harm, but knows that her
Tonyalee
This book.... *sigh*

One thing is FOR CERTAIN Moira Young is not faithful to her characters. At all.

I LOVE HEATHER LIND.

I will review the series soon.
Raeleen Lemay
I was really enjoying this book, but it was so slow that halfway through I started skimming it, but I gathered what happened at the end sort of and UGH THE EMOTIONS. Overall it wasn't captivating enough though.
Courtney Anaeki
7 more months....
Not to be a spoiler or anything but knowing that Saba used Tommo to get what she wants made me want to drive a metal spike into her eyeball
Leanne Crabtree
2.75 stars.

It's been a long time (late 2013/early 2014) since I read the first two books in this series and apart from Saba, Jack, Emmi, Lugh and DeMalo I'd forgotten everyone else and what the plot was about, other than DeMalo creating a new world.

I must have liked its style (no speech marks and words spelt how they sound) at the beginning but I found it rather tedious in this one, which is why it's taken me so long to read it. I could only read 10/15 pages in one go before I had to put it down
Daniel
Plot- 7/10
Characters- 7/10
Writing- 7.5/10
World Building- 9/10

TOTAL- 7.3/10

Quickie Review- The highly anticipated conclusion to the Dust Lands series was a bit of a flop. I was really looking forward to this one, and I was quite disappointed with the book in many ways. Shall we address plot? Ok, so the first 80% of this book was extreeemely boring. It felt like nothing that Saba's gang was doing was all that significant, and it was like they were skirting around the big issue of DeMalo and the To
Mc Manalo
description

Is this the last time we’re going to see Saba and Jack?
I felt like it’s not. Don’t get bitchy on me; I adore the ending VERY FUCKING MUCH.
The series name is Dust Lands, then in the last part Saba and Jack’s in a boat to discover whats left in the world. They my silly head went wild… I think there’s more. I mean pirates blah blah blah. *crossed fingers*

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• **SPOILER**
After reading Rebel Heart I said on my review there that Saba might be preggy…
I don’t like what happened
What the hell happened to Tracker at the end of the book! 2 29 Aug 24, 2014 08:07PM
Did anyone hate that Saba never puts Lugh in his place? 3 28 Aug 07, 2014 07:54AM
Crazy for Young A...: Raging Star (Dust Lands #3) by Moira Young → Start Date: June 14th, 2014 66 114 Jun 27, 2014 08:25AM
Tommo & DeMalo 8 197 May 18, 2014 08:33PM
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles #3)
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Earth Flight (Earth Girl, #3)
  • False Future (False Memory, #3)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Burn (Pure, #3)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • Meridian (Arclight, #2)
Moira Young is from Vancouver, BC and now lives in the UK. A former actor and opera singer, her debut novel, Blood Red Road, first in the Dustlands trilogy, was published in 2011 to international acclaim. It won a host of prizes including the Costa Children’s Book Award, the British Columbia Book Prize for Children’s Literature and France's Le Prix des Incorruptibles. In the USA it won a Cybils Aw ...more
More about Moira Young...

Dust Lands Trilogy (3 books)
  • Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)
Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2) Dustland 3 Raging Star Mixed Floor Display Prepack 12 The Dust Lands Trilogy: Blood Red Road; Rebel Heart; Raging Star Get Your Book On!

“How did you find me? The heartstone? he says.
I look into his eyes. His silver moonlight eyes. The still calmwater heart of him.
I don’t need no stone to find you. I’d find you anywhere, I says.”
9 likes