Start by marking “Thy Fearful Symmetry” as Want to Read:
Thy Fearful Symmetry

Thy Fearful Symmetry

The end of the world started in Glasgow, with a kiss.

Two people - two creatures - fated to be eternal enemies downed their blazing spears and loved. To do so, they broke rules hardwired into the DNA of the universe.

The universe noticed. The universe broke.

Now Heaven and Hell are hunting them. Nobody on Earth can help them. Worst of all, the fabric of reality is unravelling
Published August 19th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Thy Fearful Symmetry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thy Fearful Symmetry

Kevin Lucia
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So, this was really, REALLY excellent, an epic, apocalyptic tale that was paced masterfully. The characters are very well drawn, the plot intricate but NOT convoluted, with some very nice twists. It balances a tightrope between a bleak ending, and one offering at least a glimmer of hope, and manages to pull it off. Also some pretty intriguing metaphysical musings RE: the nature of God and human suffering and providence, and good and evil. Excellent, should not be missed over overlooked.
Krista Hensley
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I went into this book, not really knowing what to expect, but it came highly recommended by a friend so I dug in. I actually won a copy of the book in a giveaway and it was probably not the one I would have chosen for myself because I don't read a lot of "horror" genre stories.

Wow. I was completely hooked. I loved the small twists, loved the fact that there was character development for all of the people we were introduced too, and loved how even when things were completely falling apart, there
Jennifer Wilson
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not many apocalyptic stories are going to be lighthearted stories -- and this is no exception, but there are very humorous bits as well as some parts that have you really rooting for several of the characters involved. This was a very masterfully written book with several subplots that definitely kept you guessing as to who were the good guys, who were the bad guys, and what exactly was going to be the end result (which I will admit, I did not see coming!)

I will definitely be seeking out more of
Matt Schiariti
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Who would have thought that the Apocalypse would start not as the result of some celestial plan but as the result of two ill fated immortals who wanted nothing more than to love each other? When Ambrose and Pandora, two angels, fall in love and try to find happiness together, they begin a chain of events that starts the end of the world much earlier than the creator had planned. By being together they broke an inherent rule of the universe and the only way to right it is to wipe the slate clean. ...more
Jessica
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
One word for Richard Wright's novel: Intense. Thy Fearful Symmetry isn't a read for a sunny day at the beach. No, this book is more the type that you drag into your bed and read under the covers with a flashlight. The end of the world as we know it is here. The apocalypse, Judgement Day, call it what you will. It's upon us, and Richard Wright's view of that day is sure to scare the living daylights out of you!

First off I have to applaud the brilliant cast of characters that make their debut in t
Melissa
Wow. I picked up this book because I thought the blurb sounded intriguing and I didn't really know exactly what I was getting myself into. Paranormal, Horror, Thriller or Fantasy? Whatever it was it got under my skin and terrified me to pieces.

Here is a small excerpt:

"Then his eyeballs began to sizzle and pop, dripping scalding fluids over his cheeks that raised blisters across his blackening face. When he opened his mouth to howl, steam shot forth as though from a dragon's maw. A distant cra
Jackie Trippier Holt
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found this book at the Indie Book Shelf and was intrigued, especially because the week I read it I had passed through Glasgow (where the story is set) - a fair enough reason for choosing a book! This is a tale of angels and demons, written by an athiest. It was fast-paced, gory, humorous, human and bleak in places too. Wright's description bordered on the over-written in a few places where I would have preferred more judicious use of a red pen; however, I didn't mind it too much because it is, ...more
Jackie Blewett
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really struggled to put this book down. It's a great read. Be prepared for some gore - I'm not a horror fan, but I can cope with the supernatural which this is. The characters in this book feel convincingly real... and flawed. I cared about all of them. This is really well worth buying.
Jenn
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Nice premise, pretty good execution. There's even zombies.
Ashley - The Bookish Brunette
This sounds freaking awesome!
Derith Rolfe
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read

This is really good. I love a touch of the supernatural. And this has more than a touch .I am sure it's not to everyone 'e taste, but it you enjoy good verses evil to for it.
David
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF - couldn't get into this despite many high level reviews loving it
Charro Sebring
Nikki
May 03, 2017
Randy Hughes
Oct 22, 2014
An author of strange, dark fictions currently returned to Glasgow in Scotland after several years in India.