Start by marking “The Soles of My Shoes” as Want to Read:
The Soles of My Shoes

The Soles of My Shoes

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  1 review
When a beautiful girl I hardly know asks if I want to climb Ben Nevis with her, I have a problem: no money. In a burst of unfounded optimism, instead of turning her down, I tell her we'll hitch-hike.

Now, two weeks later, we're standing on the side of the A1, surrounded by the concrete glamour of Brent Cross. Apocalyptic storm clouds close in on us and I begin to wonder...
Published June 2nd 2012 by lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about The Soles of My Shoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Soles of My Shoes

·  3 ratings  ·  1 review

Start your review of The Soles of My Shoes
Tina
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Soles of My Shoes is an erudite, eloquent and warm book. A deceptively simple tale of a long weekend spent hitchhiking with an unrequited love-of-his-life, the protagonist reveals insights into love, life, class, wealth and what it is to travel. David Charles narrates with a wit that is always on the right side of self-deprecating. The people met on the journey to drink tea at the top of Ben Nevis are fleeting yet generous friends. I left this book wanting (a) to climb Ben Nevis and (b) to g ...more
Adam
Don
Apr 12, 2014
Bbsteph
Dec 23, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: I've lost authorship of a book - can someone help? 3 31 Feb 11, 2013 08:54AM
David Charles (1982-tomorrow) is currently being held to ransom in London. Possessing neither the skills of a Victorian escapologist, nor the funds to pay off his villainous captors, David desperately needs your help.

But good news, dear reader - purchase just one copy of his book and you could secure his future!

In happier days, David hitch-hiked to Scotland, ostensibly to climb Ben Nevis, but main

News & Interviews