Start by marking “Dream a Little Dream” as Want to Read:
Dream a Little Dream

Dream a Little Dream

What would you give to make your dreams come true?

Liza Reece has a dream. Working as a reflexologist for a troubled holistic centre isn’t enough. When the opportunity arises to take over the Centre she jumps at it. Problem is, she needs funds, and fast, as she’s not the only one interested.

Dominic Christy has dreams of his own. Diagnosed as suffering from a rare sleep diso
Published November 7th 2012 by Choc Lit (first published September 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dream a Little Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream a Little Dream

Start your review of Dream a Little Dream
Shaz Goodwin
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have been eagerly awaiting this novel from Sue Moorcroft. She piqued my interest from her research blog posts … one in June 2011 giving her blog readers information about Dominic Christy and narcolepsy and another in August 2011 relating to further research for fish pedicures. I wanted to see how her research translated into a work of fiction.

Dream a Little Dream begins with a Prologue. Liza and her two best friends are at boyfriend Adam’s 30th birthday party (one of those with all the relativ
BestChickLit.com
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
You know you’ve got a good book when you can no longer control your facial expressions whilst reading it! Dream a Little Dream dips into the worlds of Dominic and Liza as they learn to make their own and each other’s dreams come true, despite their complex personal issues. Dominic is a determined businessman who has recently been diagnosed with narcolepsy and Liza is a reflexologist with a traumatic past, but Moorcroft goes far beyond a simple character portrait and uses a complex mix of persona ...more
Mark
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama
A welcome addition to Moorcroft’s Middledip set series of novels, this focuses on Liza Reece, a holistic therapist at The Stables. Blighted by her reaction to a marriage proposal, which in turn led to more serious repercussions, Liza leads a buttoned-up, work orientated life. Enter Dominic Christy, ex-air traffic controller, who is dashing and obnoxious, clearly smitten with her and suffering from narcolepsy - they fit well together but, as always, the path to true love never runs smoothly. Ther ...more
Christina
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So far I’ve loved all Sue Moorcroft’s novels and had very high expectations for this one – I definitely wasn’t disappointed, it was brilliant! You slide effortlessly into the world she creates and instantly become involved in the lives of her characters, all of them very real and very human. Both the hero and heroine are scarred by past experiences, but from the moment they meet, sparks fly. And what sparks! I loved their banter and even their fights, but I liked the fact that they defended and ...more
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I found the romance between gutsy Liza and handsome narcoleptic Dominic, fascinating, relatable and touching. It is apparent Sue Moorcroft researched the subject of narcolepsy thoroughly, producing an enlightening, intelligent and entertaining book. If you're suffering with the cold on these snowy, winter days, read 'Dream A Little Dream', - the pages generate warmth. A few switch to full power.
It is an uplifting and heart-warming tale, reminding us to never stop dreaming, and I loved it.
What mo
Rosemary Kind
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think this is one of Sue's best (of the ones I have read so far). The characters are believable and come to life for the reader. There are enough twists and turns to the story line to keep everyone satisfied and an ending that will leave you smiling. I particularly enjoyed a book which actually had a decent role for a dog! That may sound odd but they play such an important role in real life and so rarely get more than a passing reference in fiction. Crosswind (the dog) is a delight.
Catherinehaine Haines
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. Good strong characters who have serious baggage to deal with.
I always love a rural setting especially with the young wanting a life that is healthy and uncomplicated.
Another happy ending after a lot of tense moments.
Sall
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the last couple of chapters were great I loathed going over and over the issues Liza and Dominic had and the ending irritated me. I am none the wise who got the stables which is why despite normally loving Sue Moorcrofts books I've had to give this one 3 stars.
harri
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Would love to live in middledip

Love the way it brought in people from the other story . Can’t wait to read the next book in the series!!!!!
L
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A heart-warming romance full of fascinating premise and contemporary chiqué

Highly acclaimed author of women’s fiction (chick lit) Sue Moorcroft stands alone within this genre, for her novels are unequalled by their unique distinctive flair. These wonderfully readable novels are so beautifully understated that any reader can instantly connect with the author on such a personable level; as though she is reaching out with truth-drawing clarity. It is so refreshing to relax into a good book and fee
Lisa
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, chic-lit, a-keeper
I was never into "Chic Lit" books, until I was introduced to this author. I have since read a few authors in this genre, but this one has to be one of my favourites, with every book of Sue Moorcroft's I've read so far hard to put down. This book was no different, in fact I think so far it is definitely my favourite.

Liza is a character that popped up in another of Sue Moorcroft's books "All that Mullarkey" but don't let that put you off, as this is a standalone book and is a brand new story.

Liza
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Dominic Christy’s life has not been easy lately. He has been diagnosed with Narcolepsy; a rare sleep disorder, and he must give up his career as an air traffic controller, as well as his driver’s license. And to top it all off his fiancé could not handle his disease and had aborted their baby, resulting in a breakup. But he now has a plan, a dream to move forward in his life to be happy again.

Liza Reece is a reflexologist for a troubled Holistic Centre. She too has had a hard time lately. A bad
Mina Singh
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I will preface by saying that I have loved all of the books I have read by Sue Moorcroft so far (Love & Freedom, All That Mullarkey and Starting Over). I was quite anxious to read Dream a Little Dream. While I won't say I was entirely disappointed, I did expect a bit more than what I got. DaLD follows the story of Liza Reece, Cleo from All That Mullarkey's younger sister. Liza is a reflexologist and almost loses her job in the beginning of the book due to her new ideas, which are not supported b ...more
Bianca
3.5 - 4 Non-sleepy stars

I enjoyed this book very much. It was very well written, and I liked the few snippets of conversations from the Narcoleptics forum. Why a Narcoleptics' forum? Because the main character, Dominic Christy is one, and he's coming to turns with managing this sleeping disorder, with losing his beloved job as a traffic controller and also trying to get over a relationship break-up.
He's living in with his cousin and family. Reluctantly, he takes on his counsin's suggestion to
Blodeuedd Finland
Moorcroft has real people with real issues, and I love the settings too. Here we are back in Middledip. I like the quiet small towns

In this we have Liza a reflexologist yes I have never met a heroine who is one before. She used to be fun and out there, but now she is more quiet after something that happened. And with quiet I do not mean quiet, just not out partying all night long. Because she is not afraid to speak her mind.

The hero Dominic has narcolepsy, yes, never met a hero with that before
Sue
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
As usual with Sue Moorcroft’s novels, you really get to know the characters, the hero sizzles from the word go and there is no end of conflict with the heroine but you find yourself really willing them on to sort things out.

I liked the fact that it was set in Middledip where I had ‘visited’ before with ‘Starting Over’ and ‘All That Mullarkey’ and was able to catch up with some of the earlier characters.

Getting to know Liza properly was a real treat. She comes across as a tough cookie, but undern
Alison
Liza (Cleo's sister) has turned over a new leaf after a disastrous birthday party for her ex Adam has bad consequences.

Dom has been diagnosed with narcolepsy and his sister Miranda persuades him to try reflexology at Liza's treatment centre set in a hotel. Dom is not a fan of new age mumbo-jumbo and starts badly when he suggests the only way the treatment will be enjoyable is if the therapist is young, hot and has breasts like melons!

Soon afterwards Dom and Liza are fighting off their mutual at
Karen
I was really excited to see that Sue Moorcroft had another novel out set in Middledip. A lot of the contemporaries I read these days are set in the US, so its really nice to read something set in the UK. Middledip is near Peterborough where I have family and have visited before, so that made it a little more enticing to me. After reading this I immediately went and re-read All that Mullarkey and Starting Over again! In searching my Kindle I realised I had another of Sue's books that I was yet to ...more
Aunty Janet
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd describe this book as intelligent chick-lit. It's about dreams..... the type you follow and also what happens when you are asleep.
I was fascinated by the condition which one of the characters lives with: narcolepsy. This condition can be very debilitating as the person living with it can potentially fall asleep at any time, making life very challenging in many areas such as work and driving for example. This character, Dominic, has strategies for dealing with the condition, which I found rea
Teresa
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
On the front cover, Katie Fforde says, "I love all of Sue Moorcroft's books." Can I ditto that?

I've read all of Sue's Choc Lit novels and although this may not be quite my favourite - still in love with Ratty in Starting Over - this book doesn't disappoint.

Dominic Christy is a very strong, sexy male, and determined to get what he wants, including Liza Reece.

Liza has a warm heart, but Dominic needs to break through the tough shield she's put around her, a fear that she's not good in relationsh
Sianna Reader
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
'Dream A Little Dream' had the potential to be a book that oozed predictability and to a certain extent the story rounded off in the direction I expected. Nevertheless, the route the storyline took did take me by surprise and there were hiccups and unexpected twists towards the end of the novel that I didn't see coming and found refreshing and exciting.

I suffer with a mild form of narcolepsy and was very interested to see if the author indeed had done her research for Dominic. I was delighted t
Donna
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Everyone needs a dream and this book provided different levels of "dreams". I learned a great deal about narcolepsy and how it affects the person involved and also the people involved in this person's life. I liked all the interwoven mini plots in this book. I will definitely read more from Sue Moorcroft.
Frances Brown
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible
An unusual take on a condition most people don't think about - Narcolepsy. Sue Moorcroft is a skilled writer & certainly did her research on this condition. Her characters came to life & became people I cared about. Enjoyable, feel-good story. ...more
JOCA
Dec 04, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
I picked this up randomly at the library, along with several other books by this author. Unfortunately, the premise and the author's writing style didn't work for me. I also found the hero and heroine in this book unlikable.
Mrs D J Rugg
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved book 4 too what a brilliant series

really enjoying this series of books glad i discovered them and now just keep looking forward to the next one, great that you meet the main characters in other books as its the town that is the main feature of the books
Shelley
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
I enjoyed this book although I felt it was all little bit long winded. Good story line and dreams can come true :-)
Jules
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great characters, fascinating subject and brilliant writing. I really enjoyed this book. I like that Sue Moorcroft's characters are flawed and its not all plain sailing.
Amanda
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An excellent read from start to finish!
Helen J Rolfe
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly sexy hero and a well-researched story that was as interesting as it was heartwarming :-)
Lorna
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sue Moorcraft seems too come up with fresh ideas all the time. In this book she gives us an insight on what it's like to live with narcolepsy. An excellent read.
Free Books, .99, ...: International Giveaway Kindle book by Sue Moorcroft 1 10 Feb 26, 2013 12:59PM

• Aria’s Travelling Book Shop
  • The Gift of Happiness
  • Dreaming of Venice
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • A Springtime To Remember
  • The House of Hopes and Dreams: The absorbing and delightful rom-com from the Sunday Times bestseller
  • Christmas at the Little Cottage by the Sea
  • A Forget-Me-Not Summer
  • A Vintage Summer
  • Poppy’s Place in the Sun
  • Swallowtail Summer
  • Christmas Under a Cranberry Sky (A Town Called Christmas #1)
  • Sunrise over Sapphire Bay
  • A Perfect Cornish Summer (Porthmellow Harbour #1)
  • Christmas Under a Starlit Sky (A Town Called Christmas #2)
  • Snowflakes and Cinnamon Swirls at the Winter Wonderland
  • A Home From Home
  • The Little Village of Happiness

Sue Moorcroft is a Sunday Times bestselling author and has held the coveted #1 spot in the Amazon Kindle chart. She's won the Goldsboro Books Contemporary Romantic Novel Award, the Readers Best Romantic Read Award and the Katie Fforde Bursary. She writes contemporary fiction of life and love.

She also writes short stories, serials, articles, columns, courses and writing 'how to'.

An army child, Sue