Start by marking “The K Street Affair” as Want to Read:
The K Street Affair

The K Street Affair

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
What if a massive corporation, one with political ties on both sides of the Atlantic, decided to start a war?

Hours after a crippling attack rocks Washington, D.C., Lena Mancuso, a talented young associate at one of the country’s best law firms, finds federal agents at her door, bearing unbelievable news.

Lena’s clients may have financed the murder of hundreds of civilians.
Paperback, 1st, 360 pages
Published January 8th 2013 by Rutland Square Press (first published January 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The K Street Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The K Street Affair

Aditi
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lena is the new age heroine/spy, who is firm, brave and determined on her mission. The K Street Affair by Mari Passananti is a thoroughly gripping literally from its first page, since the book opens with a terrorist attack in several Washington DC metros. The book takes you from the inner lives of the most powerful men in DC to the darkest alleys in Russia, and the whole journey is more like a ride on a roller coaster.

Thanks to the author, Mari Passananti, for sending me over a copy of her book
Diane
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are hooked (like I am) on the new FX TV series The Americans, about Russian spies embedded in the Unites States in the 1980s, then Mari Passananti's political/spy thriller novel The K Street Affair is the perfect companion piece.

The setting is today's Washington DC, where the book opens with a bang- literally. There have been underground explosions in several DC Metro stations, killing hundreds. A terrorist attack is suspected, and corporate lawyer Lena Mancuso is still shaken walking hom
Viviane Crystal
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
K Street in Washington, D.C. is renowned as the home of lobbyists of special corporations, business groups and companies representing special interest. Their job is to influence the course of American policy through the Senate and House of Representatives. However, on the same street is one group that carries out activities that the President wants done secretly, and so the group exists with absolutely no connection to any member of government. The novel opens with a killing job that goes awry. ...more
Laurel-Rain
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Hours after a crippling attack rocks Washington, D.C., Lena Mancuso, a talented young associate at one of the country's best law firms, finds federal agents at her door, bearing unbelievable news.

Lena's clients may have financed the murder of hundreds of civilians.

The FBI wants Lena's insider access to spy on her firm's high-profile roster of international clients, whose ranks include a d
Malcolm
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
"The K Street Affair" is filled with enough international intrigue, corrupt corporations, laundered money, and dead bodies for the authorities (assuming you know which authorities to trust) to call Batman or James Bond. Instead, they call Lena Mancuso, an associate at a prestigious law firm, and ask her to use her insider position to spy on her employer.

Lena thinks the FBI is nuts when two agents show up on her doorstep immediately after terrorists strike multiple Washington, D. C. Metrorail sta
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, fiction, thriller
"The K Street Affair" is a thriller set in Washington, D.C. and some in Moscow. While thrillers are not my usual fare, I wanted to give this one a try. I was definitely glad that I read it! This book definitely opened me up to reading more thrillers in the future. This is a great book to read during this super busy and chaotic time of year because it's one that has a lot of action that will keep you engaged throughout the entire book but it's not a book that you have to use too much brain power ...more
Kathleen Kelly
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The K Street Affair is one of those books that keeps the reader on the edge. A political, legal and terrorist story all wrapped into one very suspenseful book. Lena Mancuso is a happily married woman who is a lawyer in a prestigious law firm..the opening pages find her being evacuated from her building after a massive bomb has exploded. She soon finds her world turned upside down when she is asked by the FBI to assist them in an ongoing investigation, then her husband is found dead whether from ...more
Wendy Walker
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The K Street Affair has everything you could want in a book! It's fun. It's smart. It's engaging. And it's witty. From the first few pages, you will be rooting for Lena, laughing out loud, and holding on to your beach chair (if your lucky) as you follow her through this cleverly plotted adventure. Mari Passanante has a remarkable skill. She pulls you into a serious plot, all the while amusing you with clever one-liners and rich insights into what motivates people across the globe. Loved it!
Chuck
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most riveting books I have read in a long, long time. I couldn't stop turning the pages. Ms Passananti created believable, sympathetic, and complex characters, which along with her fast paced and edge-of-your-seat plot, made for a terrific read. I highly recommend this novel. I can't wait for the author to publish another book.
Mari
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wanted to write a suspense caper with a young woman lawyer at its center (I think the world needs more thrillers featuring women), and I wanted to explore the nexus between money and power in our political system. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Frank Kelly
May 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, fiction
The author is clearly a talented writer but this books moved so fast in the first 20 pages it went from interesting to implausible. Wasn't terrible but wasn't great either - she needs a good editor. I bet her next book is much better.
Stephanie
Holly Rothemich
Oct 12, 2016
Bridget Allen-laehn
Sep 15, 2015
  • The Spyglass Project (Secret Six, #1)
  • Unwritten Rules
  • The Eyes of Texas (Matt Jensen: The Last Mountain Man, #8)
  • Patient One (Dr. David Ballineau and Carolyn Ross #1)
  • The Mere Weight of Words
  • A Week with Fiona Wonder
  • Risin' Sun (Legends of Eonia, #1)
  • Jack Absolute  (Jack Absolute, #1)
  • Death's Death
  • The Ascent of PJ Marshall
  • Primary Source
  • Atlantis: Bearer of Fruit
  • Banker's Draft
  • Beyond the Bear: How I Learned to Live and Love Again after Being Blinded by a Bear
  • Blood of My Ancestor
  • Pegasus Falling (The Cypress Branches, #1)
  • The Poison Priestess (The Silk & Steel Saga, #4)
  • The Hot Mess  (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #3)
Thank you very much for stopping by my page.

I'm the author of two novels, THE HAZARDS OF HUNTING WHILE HEARTBROKEN and THE K STREET AFFAIR. I love book clubs, and would be honored and delighted to visit yours—either in person in the Boston area, or anywhere in the world via Skype.

I live in Boston, where I divide my time between writing and trying to keep up with my preschooler. I'm hard at work on

Fiction Deals

$3.49 $0.99
  • The Daughters of Palatine Hill
  • A House for Happy Mothers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)
    $11.95 $2.99
  • The Drowning Guard
  • Anathema
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Neverhome
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Sinner: A Paradise Novel (The Books of History Chronicles)
    $11.49 $3.99
  • A Promise of Hope (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #2)
  • 'Round Midnight: A Novel
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Midwife's Revolt (The Midwife Series, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • The Beekeeper's Promise
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Two-Family House
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Where Do I Go? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Bloodletter's Daughter
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Gift of Grace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • A Dream of Home (Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Skin
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Inamorata
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • The Poisonwood Bible
    $11.99 $11.99
  • Cometh the Hour (The Clifton Chronicles #6)
  • The Question of Red
  • A.D. 30 (A.D., #1)
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Karolina's Twins: A Novel
  • The Woman in the Dunes
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Illuminati: Roundtable of the Bosses (The Cartel #7)
  • The 158-Pound Marriage