Start by marking “The Broken Bottle” as Want to Read:
The Broken Bottle

The Broken Bottle

A suburban wife's perceptions of life and self-awareness is irreparably altered when she witnesses a brief but vivid moment of violence in downtown Chinatown. This short story was originally published in "The North Atlantic Review"
Kindle Edition, only available from Amazon, 14 pages
Published August 11th 2012 by Pixel Hall Press

To ask other readers questions about The Broken Bottle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Broken Bottle

Julie
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Broken Bottle by Sally Wiener Grotta is a 2010 Pixel Hall Press publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Joanne and Andrew are having dinner in Chinatown. The place is one of the few open this night. The meal is going well until a group of Asians begin to behave in an ominous way that puts Joanne on edge. Andrew, however appears nonplussed. Before the evening is over two people will walk away together, but separate.

This short story is told in first per
Courtney
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Have you ever had some small even in your life change you forever?
That is what this short story documents.

One small even changes Joanne for the rest of her life.

When she and her husband were dining out at a Chinese restaurant, Joanne witnessed an act of violence against two men.
There were a group of men sitting around a table, and a man she calls Black Jacket. He breaks a bottle on one of the mens’ faces and throws another man out of the restaurant through the door.
Joanne is traumatized by t
RouleeMae Tarima
Anthony
Jun 01, 2017
Cyril Ampuan
Nov 21, 2018
Let me tell you a story. It’s about the life I lead and would lead if I were someone, somewhere or somewhen else. And that’s why I’m a storyteller, because I always wonder what’s around the corner, over the next mountain, or just in front of me but hidden. I use words and my camera to explore what I want to understand and what I need to communicate. As for exploring, I’ve been on assignment as a w ...more