Start by marking “Onyx (Lux, #2)” as Want to Read:
Onyx (Lux, #2)

Onyx (Lux #2)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  126,841 Ratings  ·  9,393 Reviews
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find o
Published August 14th 2012 by Entangled Teen (first published June 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Onyx, please sign up.
Malwina Garrett I think it's Katy because she's got obsidian necklace and she's holding Deamon's hand. She looks nothing like Katy I imagined. She's supposed to be…moreI think it's Katy because she's got obsidian necklace and she's holding Deamon's hand. She looks nothing like Katy I imagined. She's supposed to be more curvy with round hips and bigger bust. Her hair is supposed to be much lighter, light brown not black and Katy never wears make up. She is more of a nerdy chick and the model here is certainly not. It's a bad model choice for this series.(less)

Tough Critic Book Reviews
HANDS DOWN, feet down, face down, ass down the best book Jennnifer L. Armentrout has ever written (yes, the extra "n" in Jennifer was originally a typo, but I decided to leave it in because that's just how awesome she is). I've said before that I'm riding the Jennifer L. Armentrout train going full speed ahead, but now I own the frickin railroad! GREAT ALIEN BALLS OF FIRE!

I must warn you, Onyx drips with sexual tension. Just when I thought the witty banter between Daemon and Kat couldn't get any
Nicole
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
So perfect!!!

Dear Daemon,
You are too perfect <3

UPDATE!

Where to start, where to start? Well, how about HOW FREAKING AMAZING JLA IS!!!
Onyx is PERFECTION! Pure Genius!!! I thought Obsidian was amazing but Onyx is breath taking. It's a non-stop rollercoaster ride that tears at your emotions. But did I ever want to get off this ride?? NO!
I absolutely loved Katy! She became such a strong and admirable character! She is flawed and I love it!! Who wants a perfect heroine
shreya
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sorry peeps, all my gifs had to go otherwise my actual review would've added to it's super longevity, lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't think Jennifer Armentrout's wittiness, cleverness and ingenuity could step beyond the already above-average line, but with Onyx, she somehow managed to! Now I always say this about Miss Armentrout's books, I don't know how she does it, but she manages to write a bestselling novel in a span of a few weeks/months
Katerina
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy alien babies everywhere,I can't decide whether I want to kiss or kill Jennifer L. Armentrout!I'm stressed and excited and scared and giddy and I can't turn off these emotions that threaten to drown me!Just give me the next book!

By New Year's Day,you'll have admitted that you're madly,deeply,irrevocably,and irresistibly in love with me.

While Daemon seemed sure that Kat would admit her feelings towards him,she tried to convince herself and everyone else that those feelings were nonexistan
Stacia (the 2010 club)

It's only fitting that I go back to my roots and kick this review off Obsidian Style

Up First : Bad Cop

1. The first half of this book sucked hard. Go on, try to convince me that it didn't. I won't be moved. Not one interesting thing happened in the first 40 or so percent. Sexual tension? If sexual tension means Katy saying the same thing over and over and pushing Daemon away, even when he was being nice to her, that's some of the worst sexual tension I've ever seen. Where did book 1 Katy go? I mi
Mitch
Aug 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mitch by: Katy
Horny women with prurient interests but too prudish for erotica, rejoice! It’s the second coming of Twilight! Everyone else, stay FAR FAR away.

Reviewer’s Note: I’ve decided against doing a full review of Onyx. I’m simply not a fan of Jennifer Armentrout, and I don’t know why I keep getting tricked and/or guilted into giving her books chance after chance expecting to finally like one. Obviously, there’s a lot I could talk about, like say, the complete lack of a plot in the first eighteen chapters
Amina
NEW TEASERSS!!!!!!(See below)

Review to come!

"That's not how it works...not when you're mine.
And you're mine."

FIRST, there is a need for a wow moment.

[image error]
GIFSoup

Are you ready for some serious wowing?

Cus I am very much wowing here.

Because Wow...just WOW Look even the kitten (ha ha) is wow-ing.

Even though it has been a while since I read this, seeing as I was one of those lucky few who were able to get their hands on an ARC, I still have not got over this amazing book. Seriously when I st
Steph Sinclair

Actual rating: 4.5

Wow. Favorite new Paranormal Romance series, thy name is Lux. I've said before that from the moment I first started seeing the Lux books floating around, I avoided them. But the thing that finally convinced me to check it out was Julie's review over at All Things Urban Fantasy, where she said, "As much as I enjoyed OBSIDIAN, ONYX was even better." Confession time: Sometimes I start a book series just to get to a certain book in that series. The best example would have to be Jul
Booknut
My feelings for Daemon right now:

My thoughts for those who do not ship Daemon and Katy when I read all the cute scenes of them together:

TOO ADORABLE - I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF DAEMON'S WICKED-HOT-BAD BOY-AND-DOWNRIGHT-GORGEOUS ACT!!

This was such a cute short story - I was so depressed when it got to the end!! I wanted more!!! Can't wait until the next book - Jennifer's writing is addictive!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Damn, Daemon. Just...wow. :D
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
This is my first ever DNF
I got most of the way through it I just could not force myself to put up with anymore talk of sexy aliens and their kissable lips. Apparently I've outgrown my ability to like something like this. Yuck.
Maddie
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite, na
According to me a Prologue or the 1st Chapter of a book is THE reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!

My review!

Prologue or Chapter 1

In Obsidian (Lux #1), author Jennifer Armentrout introduced our stunning bookworm Katy when she moves into a new town interring an alien filled world leaving you on the edge-of-your chair with this story.

Type of Characters and my choices according to pictures :
Μaria Vrisanaki
🌟🌟🌟 4,5 🌟🌟🌟

Καααααατ, πες αλεύρι....

Sam
Onyx is the second book in the much-loved Lux series. Action, mystery, romance and a whole load of aliens. Be prepared for another dose of Jennifer L. Armentrout's awesomeness!

In Obsidian, Katy met Dee and Daemon, brother and sister with a dangerous secret. Now, in Onyx, Katy's relationship with the two siblings is stronger than ever, especially her all-too-hot relationship with Daemon. But Katy and Daemon are connected, due to a deadly battle against the arum, and Daemon is determined to prove
Maggie
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
❝That I'm lucky, because the person I can't get out of my head, the person who means more to me than I can, is still alive. She's still there. And that's you.❞

Oh boy oh boy! Let me just start off by saying that this book definitely had its improvements including character development, much more shocking and intense moments, more Katy and Daemon moments, and a less jerk-face known as Daemon Black. By that, I mean he isn't the same asshole he was in Obsidian. Even though this book had many more
~Tina~
So adorable!!

"People who didn't heart books didn't understand".

I would have to agree with Kat on this one, for anyone who isn't an avid reader will never understand the power of a single book and how it can be treasured among the finest jewels on earth. They are created from the guts, dreams and drive of an author. Printed and bound for our entertainment, for our pleasure and for our escape. They will invoke any range of emotions from laughing your ass off, to crying endless tears to making you
Wendy Higgins
Amazing. Even better than Obsidian, and I LOVED that one. I can't wait for everyone to read this - it has everything that I love - the full range of emotion from laughing to gasping to crying, major adventure, and the incredible chemistry between Katy and Daemon. DAEMON!!!!
Srikari
I am so heart broken you guys! I thought my book boyfriends ruined me for real boys bUT Daemon Black, this guy, he ruined me for humans beings all together. I will never love again!

description

That's it! I am gonna self combust again.

NiCoLeTa E.
That was... Phew! I am... stunned!!!!

I really don't know what to feel right now.
Everything is messed up inside me...

I feel everything and nothing in the same time...
Joy, sorrow, rage, calm... Every damn feeling is floating inside me!

At this point, i would like to hung and comfort some people...

...and at the same time i want to kick some butts of other people.

Am i comfusing you??? If you were in my place now,
i'm pretty sure that you'll be feeling the same...

In the beginning of "Onyx", the thi
Juliana Zapata
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Increíblemente entretenido, con mucha fluidez y una historia rápida de leer. Siento que este libro mejoró con respecto al anterior, la protagonista definitivamente ha evolucionado, la historia tiene nuevos matices y el lector no solo conoce mas de la historia de los personajes, sino que también entiendes mas la dimensión del mundo creado por la autora y hasta que punto están implicados tanto el gobierno como los luxen.

Espero leer pronto el tercer libro de la saga!

Reseña Completa: http://bastvi
Sophia Triad
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"By New Year's Day, you'll have admitted that you're madly, deeply, irrevocably, and irresistibly in love with me."

This is the book that we will have a game-changing by Daemon, while Katy suffers by alien flu or something like that.

In other words, Daemon will start pursuing Kate and Kate (after she had almost died in the previous book) will discover that she has some strange powers that she was not supposed to have and she cannot control.

Yes, Daemon will still be a jerk most of the times. That
Athena ღ
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
💖 Buddy read με την dream team 💖

•4.5 αστεράκια•
Λάτρεψα αυτή τη σειρά από τα πρώτα κιόλας κεφάλαια του οψιδιανού, αλλά το δεύτερο της μέρος ξεπέρασε κάθε προσδοκία μου! Ακόμα περισσότερη δράση, πολλές αποκαλύψεις και γερή δόση έρωτα.
Η μόνη μου ένσταση είναι στο χαρακτήρα της Κατ, η οποία έκανε τη μια βλακεία πίσω από την άλλη. Σε αντίθεση με τον Ντέιμον, που ήταν τρυφερός, γλυκός και ταυτόχρονα καυστικός και με πολύ χιούμορ.

Πάμε στο επόμενο!
DW
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lux
5 stars of course!!

I love this series so frigging much!!

photo F4359340-952A-46B8-92FC-8E447849A389_zpsptcy48uh.gif
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere......this book is AMAZING!

I'm running out of ways to tell you how amazing this author’s work really is because Onyx really does not disappoint. It’s thrilling, heart-pounding and just as explosive as Obsidian - if not even better and it will leave you wanting more and more!

Onyx starts pretty much where Obsidian finishes. Katy is trying to move on with her life but it’s hard when she has Daemon Black trying to win her over at every turn. Katy is convinced that D
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
This book was very good but much sadder and action packed than the first one. I had some time in between so there is going to be a full long review. I'd had to say that there were much more action. It might have been because I understood the human better than the bad aliens that they were fighting in the first book. Katy is determined to not love Daemon despite their connection. Daemon feels the same way. Katy then meets a new boy at school who understands Katy's condition and problem. Blake sta ...more
Cait • A Page with a View
DNF at 60%. I think I'm done with this series. The plot with the DOD and aliens is creative and I still like a lot of elements (like Katy's friendship with Dee) but I just cannot stand Daemon.

The guy is a complete asshole and does not improve. I'm glad he's not explicitly abusive or as big of a jerk as some other YA guys, but not being the worst thing ever doesn't really redeem him. Katy goes on a date with another guy, so Daemon shows up to sabotage it and dump noodles on the guy. And guys be
alyssa ♛ semi-hatius
Original read: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Second read:
Inge
Jul 14, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF 53%

I apologise in advance to my co-blogger Kara (who has already banished me from her life forever for this) for bashing on her favourite series and her book boyfriend, but I have to call it quits here.

I probably would've gobbled up this story when I was 16 years old and new to the YA world, but enough is enough. I've had it with overbearing, overprotective, controlling boyfriends. I tried, but I absolutely cannot stand Daemon Black. He is such a whingeing child. Everything has to go his way
Ida
Holy blazing smokes! ALL. THE. FEELS.

I swear its exactly like this..

Photobucket

Onyx was breathtaking, heart stopping, adrenaline pumping, hair tearing, and everything in between! I -honest to all the baby aliens everywhere- was exhausted after all the emotions this book has made me felt! It was like being in a broken and demented roller coaster. Insane and DIDN'T. FREAKING. STOPPED. It just went on and on and on.... that I just sat there, thinking Dammit! This book will make me lose my mind, but oh hell
Nothing But Readi...: Armentrout, Jennifer L--Onyx informal buddy read starts May 24, 2018 35 149 Jun 01, 2018 05:40PM
Lux Dermatologie 1 8 Oct 26, 2017 05:28AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Onyx (the Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Restarting October 20th 2017 58 190 Oct 22, 2017 10:45AM
Jennifer L Arment...: Book 2 - Onyx 391 528 Mar 07, 2017 11:57AM
Goodreads Librari...: Correct the number of pages, please! 3 20 Nov 05, 2016 03:53PM
#JLAJuly: Onyx (#2) 1 3 Jul 02, 2016 10:44AM
  • Defiance (Significance, #3)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
  • Toxic (Denazen, #2)
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Indebted (The Premonition, #3)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy, #3)
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Kindred (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #2)
  • Shades of Blood (Warriors of Ankh, #3)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout

• Opposition (Lux, #5)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“I could always give you a teaser. You bookish people love teasers, don't you?” 1412 likes
“I always liked you. From the moment you first flipped me off.” 1151 likes