Start by marking “Dead Chaos (Valkyrie, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dead Chaos (Valkyrie, #3)

Dead Chaos

(Valkyrie #3)

Valkyrie Bryn Halbrook is broken and damaged…

Struggling to accept the loss of her wings, Bryn’s not sure if she can be a real Valkyrie anymore. But when a mysterious prophecy claims she will be the reason the All-Father dies, she is determined to ensure the prediction will not come to pass.

Published October 30th 2013 by Infinite Ink Books (first published October 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Chaos

Book Chatter-Cath
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, reviewed
I have waited so long to finally see how this amazing journey would come to an end and I wasn’t disappointed; Dead Chaos is full of emotional turmoil.

Right from the very start, the reader is thrown into the horrific crimes of hate that have been thrust upon Bryn; and yet the ever strong and stoic heroine is pushed to her very limits and still manages to think about how the people she cares about feel. Her friends and their safety are always of utmost importance to her – I love Bryn!

This really
Kayla
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it

Review: I was given a copy of Dead Chaos by Love Romance books for an honest review. Here we continue with Bryn’s story and her loss of her wings. She is trying to make sure that she isn’t the reason the All-Father dies. She goes to the three fates and she is trying to dins the Heimdall and his horn. Will she find them in time? Odin’s life hangs in the balance and Bryn has to find a way to save them so she can find out who she really is. Wow! This book and series has me all excited! I love Thor
The Mysterious Reader
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Lordy does T.G. Ayer get more complex, more thrilling, pretty much more everything with each new book in her The Valkyrie Series. That’s certainly the case with its third book, Dead Chaos. I’m not going to summarize it as the publisher’s blurb does a very good job of that (without accidentally giving away too much), but let me just say that Bryn Halbrook is in fine form (and the presence or lack of wings makes no difference here in the end), and this is one heck of a total thrill of an adv ...more
Cortnie
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! That was a crazy, intense, roller coaster ride. My emotions were all over the place! There is a lot going on in this one, and at times I felt like my head was spinning with all the twists and turns. I don't want to say anything about the plot so I'm just going to recommend that all fantasy/mythology lovers pick it up. You need to start with book one, though, or you will be lost. This series just gets more and more intense, which is one of my favorite things about T.G. Ayer as an author, and ...more
Linda
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cried so much at the beginning of this book. What Dr.Lee did to Bryn is unbelievable and unforgivable. Aidan becomes so wrapped up with the computer files and his fathers research that he doesn't see what the big deal is.
But Aimee and Joshua are there for her. It seems whatever the universe throws at Bryn she overcomes.
I believe this is the best and the worst book in the series. The best because Ms. Ayer is a wonderful writer, the worst because Ms. Ayer is a wonderful writer and she made me
Denise Van plew
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anticipation had me stepping into this one curious on how this would proceed. The interwoven mythology twisted to fit this story has me caught up into once again. This is a world you step into with Bryn wanting to be with her every step of the way. This one will also do its best to pull on your emotions with all its mite. Her heart is bigger than she is too. Watch out too for the twists that will leave you in a mess but by the time you reach the conclusion of this one you almost do not leave.
Alicia Tuttle
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is amazing. The story keeps a great story line without losing any of it's upswing. The books follow each other with great flow. The lead character is amazing and strong. She has so much put on her and she continues to rise without a problem. The supporting characters are well represented and you feel like you know them all and are part of their group. The writing is strong and clear. I just love, love, love this series!!
Linda
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much is going on in this book!
Bryn is still dealing with the loss of her wings, missions that seem impossible to retrieve, the loss of a friend and another completely changed that needs to be watched.
Loki wants Bryn and a war is about to begin and Odin might miss it.
I would highly recommend this book and series.
Pam Resner
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quest for answers

The intrigue continues as the battle for Ragnarok draws near. Bryn is conflicted, now that her wings are gone, is she even a Valkrie any more? Where does she fit in? Her quest to discover these questions leads her down a dangerous path that will cost her dearly in the end.
Gea
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At first I didn’t understand why Bryn is sent over and over for the important missions. But the truth about that will be revealed in this book.
The trickster god may have a weakness after all, which makes an all the more interesting story.
And where is Odin in all of this?
The tension rises still, as Ragnarok approaches.
Lisa Eiff
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. Bryn has many hard decisions to make in this novel, and I really fell for Joshua in this book. I would recommend this book for readers that enjoy fantasy that is strongly tied in with mythology and is written from a YA POV.
Amy Hannagan
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought this story of Bryn the Valkyrie couldn't get any more exciting, I get to book 3 and it blows the world wide open. This story just keeps gets more and more interesting. I can only imagine how this is going to end. I love this series.
Darlene Long
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After being saved from dr lee, byrn didn't realize her wings are gone... for me I started crying with bryn. There is love, hate, like a rollercoster there are twists and turns. You're going to be constantly surprised.I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book.”
Ashley
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good story and I liked the norse gods. I do think the plot is becoming slightly repetitive with the formula in how the quests are plotted out.

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Dmcl
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How much pain, turmoil, chaos and heartbreak can one person bear? That goes for the reader and Bryn, our valiant Valkyrie. This novel kept me engaged from beginning to end and I can’t recommend it highly enough.
Juanita E. Arp
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book 📚, it has great storyline. Can't wait for more from this author. Received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
Caitlyn Stephenson
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liked it

Love this author so much. She’s an amazing writer and can’t wait to read her other books. I really enjoyed it.
Teresa
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read!
Jackie
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bryn has lost her wings, what is she going to do now. Totally fantastic continuation of the series. Impossible to put down.
Isis
DEAD CHAOS - TG Ayer. 3 Stars - read, action, adventure, paranormal, fantasy, fairy tale, romance, murder, YA

“Everything seems to be falling apart for Bryn. She's lost her wings and she's losing Aidan. He's no longer the boy she loved. And then there's Joshua. Why does it feel so right to be with him?

As if she doesn't have enough on her mind, Bryn learns of a prophecy that predicts that she will be the reason for Odin's destruction. Bryn is desperate to find a way to change her future, and sets
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Valkyrie Bryn Habra okay is broken and damaged without her wings. She's struggling to come terms if her status. When she learns of a prophecy regarding her and Odin. She must learn her worth and value within herself before anything else with her friends by her side. What's the prophecy? Will Bryn learn something new? Your answers await you in Dead Chaos.
Jenn
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, favorites, mythos
Dead Chaos is the latest installment in the Valkyrie series. It picks up immediately where Dead Embers left off. Valkyrie Bryn no longer has her wings and is in shock, as her friends try to comfort her and get her to return to Asgard. She refuses and insists on seeing the evidence of what was done to her. As you might expect, it was nothing less than shocking.

When Bryn returns to Asgard, she no longer feels like she is a Valkyrie. Learning of a prophecy that states she will be responsible for t
Book Reading Gals
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Title: Dead Chaos

Series: The Valkyrie Series

Author: T.G. Ayer

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Book Blurb:

Valkyrie Bryn Halbrook is broken and damaged...

Struggling to accept the loss of her wings, Bryn's not sure if she can be a real Valkyrie anymore. But when a mysterious prophecy claims she will be the reason the All-Father dies, she is determined to ensure the prediction will not come to pass.

Danita
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Title: Dead Chaos

Series: The Valkyrie Series

Author: T.G. Ayer

Genre: Urban Fantasy

Book Blurb:

Valkyrie Bryn Halbrook is broken and damaged…

A visit to the three fates who live beneath the great Tree of life, sends Bryn racing against time to find the missin
Verna Loves Books
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am absolutely in love with this series. Each book just keeps getting better and better. I was completely taken with this book. I couldn’t put it down. I wanted to keep reading to learn what was going to happen next for this amazing cast of characters. This book took a toll on me unlike the others in the series. It had my emotions in pieces and shattered my heart. Even though it broke my heart I still loved it. It was an eventful, adventurous and wonderful story.

I love Bryn. She’s so strong and
Naomi
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Back in October last year I read the first two books in this series, I remember how excited I was about it and I was keen to see the story continue. Dead Chaos was a fabulous 3rd book in the series and even though there was a lot of action, it was an emotional read and massive secrets were revealed.

Now, if you haven’t read any books from this series, I will do my best to not spoil anything for you. There was a major incident at the end of the previous book that has everyone in shock, but no-one
Rebecca
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
After being left gob smacked at the end of Dead Embers I was expecting lots to happen from such events in Dead Chaos. A lot did happen but not quite the way I expected. A certain boy had his jerk switched turned on, an on-and-off-again relationship ultimately ended, new love was quickly kindled and suddenly realized and Bryn got sent off on more missions than I'd have thought possible within one book. There is a lot of action, of intrigue, of team work, of friendships being forged deeper due to ...more
Bob
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Three Stars! What I thought I remembered just became reality.

MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER.
*****If You Read This Review After You've Been Warned, You Will Hate Yourself.
You might hate me, too, but it will be Your Fault!!!
WARNING, WARNING WARNING. If you're a kid named Will Robinson, if you remember a TV show where Will Robinson was a character, if you know someone named Will Robinson, if you remember Mrs. Robinson, or if you've never read Robinson Crusoe.....
.....*****DON'T READ PAST THIS POINT!!!!!****
Chelsea
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology, reviewed
In "Dead Chaos," the world as Bryn knows it seems to be crashing down all around her, with her unable to stop it. She struggles with the loss of her wings, and on top of that, the gods keep up and disappearing: Loki has escaped from his brief capture, and Odin is seemingly no where to be found.

If that's not enough to demoralize the masses, the beginnings of Ragnarok are upon us. The tree of life seems to be dying at a startlingly fast rate, and it would appear that there is nothing to be done
Melissa Pearl
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed the Valkyrie series so far, but Dead Chaos has been my favourite by far. I really, really enjoyed Bryn's journey in this book. She really discovers what she's made of. Her adventures are intense and emotional. I love that her team are with her most of the way. I love the way she copes with the loss of her wings and how that makes her grow as a character.

There is more romance in this book compared to the others. Yay! Just want my soppy heart needs. That storyline was played out bea
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Elsker Saga Box Set (The Elsker Saga, #0.5-3)
  • Fall (The Ragnarök Prophesies #2)
  • Mercy (The Descendants #3)
  • Path of Gods (The Valhalla Saga, #3)
  • Awakening
  • Shattered Silence (Ghostly Rhapsody, #2)
  • Fate Forgotten (Fate of the Gods, #2)
  • The Fetch (The Runestone Saga, #1)
  • Ransomwood
  • Safe Hex With a Vampire (Psy-Vamp #2)
  • Lord of Slaughter (The Wolfsangel Cycle #3)
  • The Keepers: Archer (The Keepers #1)
  • The Weight Of Night (The Progeny #1)
  • Betraying Innocence
  • Sacrificial Muse (Sabrina Vaughn #2)
  • Eternity (The Fury Trilogy, #3)
  • The Sleeping Army
  • Mrs D is Going Without: I used to be a boozy housewife. Now I'm not. This is my book.
I have been a writer from the time I was old enough to recognise that reading was a doorway into my imagination. Poetry was my first foray into the art of the written word. Books were my best friends, my escape, my haven. I am essentially a recluse but this part of my personality is impossible to practise given I have two teenage daughters, who are actually my friends, my tea-makers, my confidante ...more

Valkyrie (7 books)
  • Dead Radiance (Valkyrie, #1)
  • Dead Embers (Valkyrie, #2)
  • Dead Wrath (Valkyrie, #4)
  • Dead Silence (Valkyrie, #5)
  • Joshua (Valkyrie, #6)
  • Joshua II (Valkyrie, #7)