Start by marking “The Everything Theory” as Want to Read:
The Everything Theory

Read Excerpt

The Everything Theory

Shortlisted in the 2009 Australian/New Zealand IP Awards. The mathematics of the pyramids, books of the Nine Unknown Men and numbered sequences concealed in ancient texts. When an amateur astronomer uncovers these mysteries he is caught in a deadly race to seek out the secrets of the past and carry them safely into the next age.
Hardcover, First, 379 pages
Published April 16th 2014 by Lulu (first published December 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Theory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Theory

Start your review of The Everything Theory
Sheila
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’m always looking for novels that will make me look at the world in different ways. The Everything Theory does that while entertaining readers with a fast-paced plot and memorable characters.

Theories on everything from how the pyramids were constructed to Stonehenge to Atlantis abound through this novel as the characters search the far reaches of the Earth for answers.

The adventure starts in a small town in Australia when an amateur astrologist is found dead after an apparent suicide. Luke, his
Rick Mallery
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic chase across the Pacific--and across the whole of the historical record. A mystery, thriller, and adventure story all rolled into one. History will never be the same.

Three threads of the story focus on young Luke Canning of Jindabyne, Australia.

Luke is an amateur astronomer with data on the orbit of the rogue planet Eris. Several international organizations want to suppress that data. Everyone Luke sends the data to ends up dead--including himself, or so the police think. The police
Britt Skrabanek
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced and just fantastic!

Popping off with history, astronomy, science, archaeology, crime, mystery – phew, I need to catch my breath here – Gray’s intelligent thriller will flat out knock your socks off.

Luke Canning is our soft-spoken hero, an amateur astronaut in his late teens from Down Under. He stumbles into the arms of conspiracy on the grandest scale, the kind where the planet’s ass is on the line.

After making a run for it, Luke soon takes up with an underground group of brainy misfit
LindaJ^
The positive --
The concept for this book is quite intriguing. It concerns all those unexplained ancient mysteries such as the pyramids, which scientists of various sorts have now determined are evidence of ancient developed civilizations that then disappeared from the Earth. The sci-fi component comes from a planet that will be passing through the solar system soon. The thriller element concerns why astronomers who know about the elusive planet are dying.

Our primary protagonist is Luke, a 17 yea
Dan Thompson
I just want to point out that it is in fact past 3am here in England as I am writing this. I finished the book just over an hour ago and as I was laid in bed, I just couldn’t help but let my mind wonder off and think about all of the information and events inside of this book. I think that has to say it all really doesn’t it? When a book has this effect on you, it is simply nothing short of brilliant.

This YA fiction novel transcends multiple genres, from mystery to thriller and through adventure
Elisa
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow, just wow! This was a non-stop thrill ride through science, history and across the planet.
What a conspiracy this book throws at you from page one! We start by following two different sets of people. Who is destroying what evidence? What are the astronomers finding and why are they scared? Who is killing people to keep things quiet? Eeeek! It forces you to read read read and it is super fun.

Then, the two stories hook up, you get some background information all while knowing someone is out to
Tiffany Loves Books
The Everything Theory is a brilliantly complex novel. The story revolves around Luke who is an amateur astronomer. He and his best friend stumble across something that leaves them desperately seeking a second opinion. And here is where the conspiracy starts. Every person they get in touch with, somehow end up dead. Luke and his friend have no idea of the severity of their discovery and the lengths some are willing to go to keep this truth hidden.

Gray paints a brilliant story that will truly lea
Charissa
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very fast-paced intense thriller. Premise-- The ancients were very advanced, maybe even more than us, and certain modern entities will go to any length—even murder—to keep that knowledge from the world in general. Luke, a 17-year-old loner, is swirled into the chaotic mess of ancient legends and archaeological inconsistencies when he and his friend map out a new planet, Eris, that is headed in a collision course with our solar system. But that knowledge is dangerous, as Luke finds out when his b ...more
Dale
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would love to see this novel made into an Australian film. The characters, dialogue and story line are so comprehensive and 3 dimensional that in your mind while reading it, you are there witnessing it unfold. The story is contemporary and intriguing. The detail locationally is amazing but what really impressed was the minutiae that made up the premise of the narrative. Read this novel and take another look at those conspiracy theories, ancient history, myths and so called mysteries - the way ...more
Marsha Ingrao
Jan 03, 2013
Susan Nairn
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read...and such amazing details. I highly recommend it.
Janna G. Noelle
Oct 13, 2015
Dennis Berry
Oct 18, 2012
Dianne Gray
Aug 16, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Umesh
Kathryn Rogers
Aug 01, 2013
John
Apr 24, 2014
I'm a writer and a dreamer. My latest short story was shortlisted in the top three of the 2016 Ruth Rendell Writing award, judged by Lynda La Plante. Some of my short stories have been published in Australian anthologies:

Harper Collins - "Enter"
Ginninderra Press - "The Lunatic, the Lover and the Poet"
Harlequin/MIRA press - "Scarlet Stiletto - The First Cut".

...and some of my novels have won award