Start by marking “Gluten-Free Quick & Easy: From Prep to Plate Without the Fuss - 200 Recipes for People with Food Sensitivities” as Want to Read:

Wheat-free-cooking expert Carol Fenster reveals her time-saving tips and techniques to help cooks put homemade meals on the table in a flash.

In Carol Fenster's gluten-free cooking classes, the most frequently asked question is "How can I get a meal on the table in the least amount of time?" So often, cooking gluten-free means spending hours in the kitchen-making everythi
Published August 2nd 2007 by Avery

To ask other readers questions about Gluten-Free Quick & Easy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gluten-Free Quick & Easy

Start your review of Gluten-Free Quick & Easy: From Prep to Plate Without the Fuss - 200 Recipes for People with Food Sensitivities
Suzanne
Mar 12, 2008 rated it it was ok
The recipes in this book were not as "quick and easy" as I was hoping. The only thing that made them "easy" was because many of them use various pre-made gluten-free baking mixes (that tend to be pretty expensive), or they weren't the type of meails a toddler would want to eat. ...more
Trishtator
Oct 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: gluten free eaters
Shelves: food, own-it
A good overview of cooking/baking gluten free. I especially like the information about alternative flours, and how to make your own flour mixes that work. (For instance, the maximum percentage of say, sorghum flour, that should be in the mix).

However, you have to be "committed" to her program in a way, to use the book. Since she has you make her flour mixes and special baking mixes, you have to make the mix to use the recipe.

If you want to commit to her cooking style, it probably is very succes
Renee
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
As I also have to avoid dairy and soy, I love that this book gives great ideas for substitutions. So far, all of the recipes we have tried have been declared "make-again" meals - even by my pickiest eater.

I agree with other comments. The ingredients are not cheap. However, the GF options where we live are even more expensive and many include dairy and/or soy.

Although there are still recipes with ingredients I cannot eat, this book has been an amazing resource. I am very thankful a friend recomm
Donna
Sep 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
So look, I think putting cookbooks on a book reading site is bogus. But, since I have become gluten-free, I have heard more and more people say how hard it is and how gross the food is. It doesn't have to be. Yes, sometimes it sucks because I have to be very careful eating out, but eating in is a pleasure now thanks to this book.

I highly recommend it to others who are gluten-free, celiac, or is planning on making something for someone who doesn't eat the wheat. :)
Stephanie
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a great GF primer if you are an experienced baker or cook, but the recipes were a bit complicated for beginners. I will definitely use some of the recipes, and I enjoyed reading the author's tips and experiences, but I don't know how often I would need to consult this book. I just don't have time to make all these recipes from scratch. ...more
Phyllis
Apr 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
It's alright....alot of different mixes you have to prepare though.
Crystal
Jul 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookery
there are alot of good ideas in this book.
Sheri
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love this cookbook!
Mckinley
Aug 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
A lot of these are 'easy' because they call for pre-made gluten-free ingredients. ...more
Nefertari
Mar 28, 2013 is currently reading it
reading the ebook..no comments yet
AshO
Jan 28, 2017
Kathy Keehn
Dec 26, 2014
Amy
rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2010
Oct 26, 2013
Patti
Apr 10, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »
CAROL FENSTER is the author of ten gluten-free cookbooks including 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes, and the award-winning 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes. She is the former associate food editor at Living Without magazine, and her work has been published in the New York Times, Washington Post, Gluten-Free Living, and elsewhere.