Start by marking “Hidden Talents (Hidden Talents, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Talents (Hidden Talents, #1)

Hidden Talents

(Hidden Talents #1)

DEAR READER: "Hidden Talents" is no longer available. "Hidden Talents: A deliciously twisted m/m trilogy" is the recently published, full series in one volume. See it on Goodreads here.

Talents: Born with physical and psychic abilities beyond human understanding, these flawed forces of nature burn desperate paths through their own shadowy world ruled by sex, power, and madn
Published July 25th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Talents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Talents

Start your review of Hidden Talents (Hidden Talents, #1)
Smith Barney
Jan 25, 2014 rated it liked it
(FREE) WELL..that was unusually fragmented-peculiarly-strange-bizarrely-odd-offbeat-outlandishly-f'ing-weird.

I kind of liked it.

Trix
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'd give this 5 stars if it weren't for the length. The story left me with more questions than the answers it provided. And it was frustrating to stop just when things were getting more interesting.

(view spoiler)
Laura Warby
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a review for all the books of the series that I have read so far; books 1-5.
I'll start with the good points:-
These books have loads of potential.
The premise is interesting and fairly unique.
The characters - most of them, anyway - are engaging and I felt sympathy for some of them; especially Sky, who I think is given a fairly hard time by the others!
The Talents are consistent - rules about their use, what the Talents can and can't do, and how the Talents can be used, are formed fairly ear
Diane
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
I found the premise of this book to be pretty interesting. But I was disappointed in the way the story was told. I thought there were too many different characters introduced. There was too little world building. There was little if any information about why the various talents were living together and exactly what they did. All in all, there was just too little discussion of how things worked in the world created by the author. I thought some of the characters seemed interesting. The books in t ...more
Tamela
Can't decide if I'm going to like this series or not. There was SOOoo much thrown at us that I got a little confused, especially when they started talking about the multiple times some of the talents had died.

I think I would have liked some of their stories a little clearer. Like who Jen was earlier in the mix.

ѦѺ™
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
the first chapter pulled me in but things got confusing after that. there was so much going on and lots of details to take note of that i felt lost every now and then. still, i was impressed with the quality of the writing. i wish, though, that there were a better and simpler way of presenting the storyline and the different characters.
peanut•m&ms
Little confusing at first, with a whole lot of characters & their talents thrown in together in 60 pages...but still has my interest. ...more
tammy rufo
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
not what i expected, but really enjoyed! this is my first Claire Cray book, now i have to read the rest of the series! (not a complaint! lol really want more of this story)
Sadie Forsythe
3.5: I would have given this a 4 if it was a whole story. Can I just state up front how much I HATE serialised novellas? (I didn't know going in that this was one.)

The book started stronger than it finished. It began with one predominate POV and then, about half way through, added new POVs into the mix. This was both jarring and, I think, weakened the story, as the reader had no real connection to those characters yet.

This was exacerbated by the narrator's tendency to casually throw in informati
Nicole
Same review for all 4...

I am reviewing this AFTER having read through all the available series, #1-4. Initially the first one, honestly, gave me a headache. There was just so much information all at once. I felt like -- and still do-- I should make a character map with the people, their connections, and their Talents. There is a lot to capture your interest. There is just A LOT going on. Each of the characters has a Talent- they are empaths, pre-cognitive, telekinetic, etc. Then they can feel
Sara
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Very confusing.
Definitely in agreement with a lot of the other reviewers... it was hard to tell what was going on a lot of the time.
I think with better editing a lot of the story and information could have been presented in a different order to pull you into the story a bit more. The character backgrounds that you got near the end of the book would have been far better served at the beginning. Having some emotional attachments to the characters earlier on would have made the laborious journey
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
jin is sent by his shadowy company to help other people with psychic abilities because someone is trying to take them out after a disasterous change of command at the company he works for. just after he gets there, one of the group commits suicide and everyone has to deal with the aftermath. jin meets an old acquaintence, sky, who used to be a yakuza concubine, and who is the older brother of ken. jin is *really* interested in ken, but things get in the way.

what i liked: i liked the wor
Sue
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I gave this 5 stars because I think this is going to be a very interesting series for people who can follow along with all the characters.I am not going to be one of those people. This novella was very confusing to me.I didn't understand the concept.I understand that these extraordinary men have hidden talents but I really just couldn't understand exactly what they were,who they were hiding from or even where they were from.The more I read the more questions I had.Maybe I'm just too lazy to foll ...more
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
My first attempt to read this was July 19, 2013 - I was lost the entire read. I kept going back a few pages to try to keep up. This was way too much work. I might try again, someday.

More than a year later I'm going to give it another try...fingers crossed!

Okay a Book Buddy got me try this series again and I glad she did. I still think the one big drawback is it's so darn complicated and there are a lot of similar characters at first glance. To make me scratch my head is at the end is the infor
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This isn't a series, really, it's a serial and this is episode one. It ends in a cliffhanger, although not as bad as some. I read both books 1 and 2 at the same time and they're kind of blurring together so I'm reviewing them together. See my review for Book 2: Minus Tide. ...more
ChrisVigilante
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia-books
It was a really weird story.I think the switches in perspective hurt the story more than it helped it.I couldn't find myself really getting attached to any of the character's stories. I like the concept behind the Talents( the people with abilities) in this, but that wasn't nearly enough to make me want to read the next 7 little novellas in this series. It could be for you though the book was free so if you like super powered people and gay sex go check it out.
Curtis
This just didn't work for me at all. For something so short, I was surprised at how slowly it moved. I know that it's part of a series of shorts, but I wanted at least something to keep me interested. That didn't really happen here and it's left me wondering if I want to continue with the next installments. I probably will, hoping that it gets better, but this was honestly rather disappointing.
Nancy Carbajal
May 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm having problems with this short story. There's too many characters for me to keep track of. Too many talents...precogs, empaths, telekinetics, and they all have different levels and more than one talent. I will however continue because I want to know what happens between Jin and Ken. It has some issues, but it's not uninteresting. Just a lot for this brain of mine to keep track off.....but that's just me. May the 4th be with you! :)
Fangtasia
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Much too complicated, way too much information, back story, and details to actually make any sense. Don't know if I'll go for the next one, even if it does promise to help unravel this one.

Guess I'll stick to this author's other work, Merrick, and related sequels. That one I loved.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Not sure what I think of this series - you kind of pick up in the middle of a story with the assumption that you know about the world and everyone's place in it. I feel kind of lost. Hopefully things will be explained in the future books.
jasmin
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once you start reading you won't be able to stop

I love this book it's adventurous and holds mysterious secrets to it.
I would recommend this book to people that love and to imagine humans that actually have these abilities.
Thomaidha Papa
3.5 Hearts
Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Review to follow.
Lillian Francis
Got books 1 - 6 free at Kindle store.
Leanne Crabtree
I got so confused reading this, I wasn't sure what was happening half the time.
Emmie
Nov 24, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5
Jenn
Dec 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
free on Smashwords as is the sequel
Larry Arnold
Sep 29, 2013 rated it liked it
the book as i said feed u so much information, it was hard to follow what character with who...

it was ok other then that, it didnt leave me much to want to read the next book
Ilona
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Find my joint review of all four stories here: http://felinewyvern.blogspot.co.uk/20... ...more
Janie
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
This was maybe just a little too paranormal and too weird for me. Jumped around way too much. Would have like it if it was solely about 2 people and the next book moved on to others.
Rahel
Jul 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Luxuria (The Oswald Witches, #2)
  • Le boudoir (MM)
  • A Wicked Kind of Husband (Longhope Abbey, #1)
  • Himiko: Bonding
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Taken by the Demon King (Demonic Desires #1)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Gula (The Oswald Witches, #3)
  • The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal
  • The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, Vol. 1: Poor Boys and Pilgrims
  • The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, Vol. 3: Ten Days of Perfect Tunes
  • The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, Vol. 2: Wanderlust Kings
  • Five Years Ago and Three Thousand Miles Away
  • Messager (Les Chroniques de Ren, #2)
  • Killer Queen (Crazy Little Thing, #2)
  • Le Miracle des Ronces (Les Ronces #2)
Claire Cray writes erotic romance featuring hot people in creepy situations. Born in the rural Pacific Northwest, she was raised on rain, trees and spooky stories.

Hidden Talents (9 books)
  • Minus Tide (Hidden Talents, #2)
  • Look Sharp (Hidden Talents, #3)
  • Take Off (Hidden Talents, #4)
  • Break Out (Hidden Talents, #5)
  • In Deep (Hidden Talents, #6)
  • Get Higher (Hidden Talents, #7)
  • Too Far (Hidden Talents Book 8)
  • Man Down (Hidden Talents #9)

News & Interviews