Start by marking “Witch Fall (Witch Song, #3)” as Want to Read:
Witch Fall (Witch Song, #3)

Witch Fall

(Witch Song #3)

With the magic of their songs, the Witches control the seasons, the storms, even the sea. Secure in their supremacy, they have forgotten the unmatched destructiveness of mankind. For the world has begun to covet their power, seeing them as weapons to be controlled instead of rulers worthy of obeisance.

Born of witches but raised among their enemy, Lilette searches for a wa
Published January 15th 2014 by Starling Publishing (first published December 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Witch Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Fall

Amber Argyle
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
First page (unedited):

Lilette readjusted her grip on the sliver of bamboo, her shoulders aching from sawing back and forth across the fibers that held the door to the frame.

The binding gave with a satisfying snap. She went still, listening to see if anyone had heard. But there was only the sound of chickens roosting under the floor.

One more binding and she’d be able to crawl through. The village elders would have no one to blame for her escape but themselves—thinking a chained door would keep
Bella Grace
May 31, 2013 marked it as to-read
How -- if I may ask -- do you get such gorgeous covers, Mrs. Argyle? SERIOUSLY.
Darkphoenix
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Author provided ARC for an honest and sincere review.

I am a huge fan of Amber Argyle. She is one of the very few authors who delivers great stories with memorable and absolutely amazing characters back to back. When I heard that she was writing prequels, I had doubts and for the longest time, even thought of skipping them. I would have been an idiot for doing that because, like her previous books, Witch Fall was brilliant.

Witch Fall is the story of Lilette, a Keeper who came long before Brusenna
Obsidian
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the things that I regret about deleting all of my reviews on Amazon is that I could not get them to import to Goodreads. Booklikes makes it a bit difficult to import from Amazon too so I just gave up since the thought of copying and posting around 500 reviews did not appeal to me at all. I initially read Witch Song #1 a couple of years ago. I had some problems with the world building and the never ending quest of this book but ultimately did like it. I read Witch Song #2 and once again ha ...more
Emma Michaels
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It is interesting reading a story when you know how it ends. I am the type of reader who doesn’t mind spoilers overall because I like the journey and the individual ways an author expresses their perspective. Amber has a wonderful style full of creativity and backed by knowledge. Because of the placement of the story line this installment further fills out a story you are already somewhat familiar with but mostly in its ending. I always love a new perspective being added into the mix and feel th ...more
Elli
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved that world that is so different from the typical fantasy worlds. In this last book of the witch song series, one learned the background history of the first two books and it was really exciting and emotional. I also liked the characters, they often get experienced and developped through the story line but unfortunately some of them remained grey.

Nevertheless a wonderful world and very gripping story!
Rose
Jun 06, 2013 marked it as to-read-young-adult
I'm so in awe by this cover that I think I might have to hunt down this entire series to read. Holy crud, it's beautiful. o_O
Steve
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I am deeply conflicted by this book. I found it incredibly similar to the first book of the series, making me think I had read it before, but then something unexpected would happen which would make question even that. The climax came up very quickly, and then seemed to be over just as quickly, but then resurfaced, leading to a something drawn out. I would have preferred a longer resolution, but the very last sentence made everything clear, so I can't find it in my heart to give this two stars.
Unabridged Bookshelf
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Witch Fall is the third book in the Witch Song Series but it actually a prequel to the entire series. I have not read the first two books in the series, but they have been on my TBR list for a while, so I jumped at the chance to read Witch Fall and get a feel for the series. I have to say I really love seeing the backstory, and I love the pace and flow of Amber Argyle’s writing. Lilette’s Story is a powerful, emotional story about love, loss, and witchcraft. If Brusenna’s story is as powerful an ...more
Pili
I'm not usually a big fan of witches books, they usually end up full of a few too many cliches. But after loving Amber Argyle's Winter Queen, I knew I needed to give a chance to her Witch Song series.

Witch Fall is the third book but it's actually a prequel, so reading it before Witch Song and Witch Born makes sense chronologically, though it might have spoiled me a bit for Brusenna's journey, since I already know a history she might have to learn from scratch through the books.

Lilette's story is
Cherie
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lilette must fight the battles she can win and retreat from those she cannot in Amber Argyle's Witch Fall. A heart-breaking story, this prequel to Witch Song shows the path the Witches took toward their downfall. Argyle knows how to torture her poor characters, and Lilette receives the brunt of the heartache. I loved Jolin's quotes at each chapter. Argyle's prose and world-building skills are exquisite. Argyle is quickly becoming one of my favorite fantasy authors, and I highly recommend Witch F ...more
Beth
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Witch Fall is the prequel to Witch Song, showing the witches path toward their downfall. Tortured characters, heart breaking choices and facing insurmountable odds we are pulled into this magical story. Lilette struggles to find a way to heal the breach between humans and witches, we get a front row seat to her plight. Argyle gives us an original story and the back ground for her past works in the Witch Song series.
Emma Clement
Mar 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
This book was pretty good. The beginning was a bit weird, as I had expected another book told about Brusenna's story. But the way this book ended wrapped up the whole story line quite nicely. The quotes from Jolin at the beginning of each chapter were quite nice as well. This book was the best in the series and I really enjoyed it.
Melissa
Oct 05, 2013 marked it as to-read
That cover makes me want to read it!!!! O:
Rachel
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great end to the trilogy! I wish there was more to these stories, I want to know more about this world.
Caitlin
Oct 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
the cover of this is gorgeous!
Ella Wight
Sep 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
I am soo excited to read this book! The first two were amazing and I can't wait for this to be released!!!!!!!
Corina
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Witch Fall

“With complete power comes pride. Pride breeds corruption. Corruption begets vulnerability, which pride refuses to see. And so begins the vicious cycle of destruction.” –Jolin

Witch Fall by Amber Argyle is the prequel to Witch Song and the story of how the witches sealed their fate long ago by abusing the powers given
to them by the creators. I’ve read this entire series of books over the past two weeks and I have to say this is absolutely by far the best book yet.

Lilette is my favo
Michealla
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Teno Q.
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, novels
gross sobbing

What a powerful story. I only wish it wasn't so rushed at every moment - there is so much material packed in here, with hardly any space to breathe and flesh out the characters and settings. I feel like this is one of the rare books that could actually benefit from being twice as long as it is.

Still, this is a nonstop exciting, rollicking fantasy tale that I actually liked better than Witch Song and I didn't expect to. Recommended if you liked the rest of this series.
Marta Scheiner
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

I had read this book awhile back and did not get a chance to review it. It was refreshing to go back and read it a second time, although there were things I remembered a lot felt like reading it for the first time. It is a very nice story and one I'm sure I bought the sequels to. I totally recommend this book to young readers as well as adults.
Barb VanderWel
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Patti Ashley
History r we written

Interesting take on the witches' history as the History is written by the victors. I was happy to see that everything was explained.
Pat Raab
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this series.
Amethyst Shadow
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-witches
I liked this series a lot. I would recommend it to my friends who are into this genre.
Fidah
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me clarify by stating that I've not read the first two books in the series: Witch Song and Witch Born. I did read Witch Rising and Witch Fall which is actually the prequel to the two books. I would say it doesn't matter whether you read Witch Song or Witch Fall first, but you do have to read Witch Rising before you read Witch Fall.

Witch Fall takes off some time after Witch Rising left us. Lilette was getting her hair done after taking a swim before she was interrupted. Chen, the heir to the
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
Giveaway of signed copies at my blog for the book tour, click banner to go to post, also read the first chapter.

I loved this whole series, I read the others first, this last and to me it was best that way, even though this is a prequel, I personally think its best to read Witch Song, then Witch Born, then the novella which is a prequel to this book, about Lillette as well, that is Witch Rising. I loved them all. I really liked the character in this book, Lillette much better than Brusuanna from
Ashley Ferguson
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You can find this review and more at The A P Book Club

*I received this book as an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review*

This series is one of my favorite fantasy series of all time. I love the world building, I loved Brusenna in Witch Song and Witch Born, I love the concept of the witches controlling nature with their songs, and everything else about these books. So I was so excited to get my hands on and read Witch Fall!

I've always wondered about Lilette, since we only get brie
Amy
A beautiful story. This third instalment takes us back to the days of Lilette, years before Brusenna's time. It's full of romance and plotting, we finally see what witches were like at their strongest.

I did rather enjoy this book. I liked that the romance was a bit complicated, that it had grown over years and hadn't stopped while they were separated. Granted, it began when they were children, but I think that adds to its depth. They're constantly trying to sacrifice each other for the other one
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
For this review and more, visit Such a Novel Idea. And click the enter to enter to win a copy of the series!

There are two reason I chose to be a part of this tour. 1. The fact that this was a prequel and could be read even if you hadn’t read the rest of the series. 2. THAT GORGEOUS COVER! Seriously, it is so beautiful and mystifying, it just drew me in. And I have to say, I’m glad I went with my gut on this one, because I was in for a treat.

Even though I had no idea what was going on, I picked u
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 25, 2015 09:40AM

• Clan Fianna (The Fellwater Tales #3)
  • Ragnar's Daughter
  • Awakened (The Legends Of Elyndia, #1)
  • Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)
  • The Alchemist's Flame (The Final Formula Series, #3)
  • The Tale of Mally Biddle
  • Wisteria (Wisteria, #1)
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
  • Wings of Tavea (Solus, #2)
  • Fraction of Stone (Fraction, #1)
  • Renhala (Renhala, #1)
  • Possess Me (Bone Daddy #1)
  • Arrow of the Mist (Arrow of the Mist, #1)
  • Kindar's Cure
  • The Keeper's Curse (The Keeper's Curse, #1)
  • A Matter of Heart (Fate, #2)
  • Hold Tight (The Embrace Series, #2)
  • Lunangelique's Sleeping Gods
Bestselling author Amber Argyle writes young-adult fantasies where the main characters save the world (with varying degrees of success) and fall in love (with the enemy). Her award-winning books have been translated into numerous languages and praised by such authors as NYT bestsellers David Farland and Jennifer A. Nielsen.

Amber grew up on a cattle ranch and spent her formative years in the rodeo

Witch Song (3 books)
  • Witch Song (Witch Song, #1)
  • Witch Born (Witch Song, #2)
“He met her gaze head on. “That the witches in Kalari” 0 likes