Start by marking “Dear Agent - Write the Letter That Sells Your Book” as Want to Read:
Dear Agent - Write the Letter That Sells Your Book

Dear Agent - Write the Letter That Sells Your Book

Nicola Morgan's guide to writing a fantasic cover letter
Published August 7th 2012 by Crabbit Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Agent - Write the Letter That Sells Your Book

Katia Kulyk
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well clear and up to the point. Now I have an idea of how to write this agent submission letter and even started writing it while reading the book. The letter is not as scary as it seems, you just have to have some common sense, be polite and clear about your genre, plot and achievements.
I would even say that choosing the right agent is as important as writing a good letter. This is why now I am waiting for my Writers and Agents Yearbook 2019 which is about to come in the mail.
Since I am not Br
Kimberly Catanzarite
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nicola Morgan has a great, dry sense of humor. She takes the fear out of writing the dreaded query letter. I enjoyed learning from her.
Emma
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a sister book to "Write A Great Synopsis", but this time the focus is on UK-style covering letters to help you net a UK agent. UK covering letters are a lot more laid back than US queries (by which I mean you won't get instantly rejected dun dun duuun if it's not perfect) but they're still important enough to stress writers out.

"Dear Agent" is a short, sweet, and to-the-point read that covers all the important questions, such as should I mention multiple books, being rejected, my pets, o
Philip
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a specialist work advising how to approach a literary agent to represent you and secure deal(s) for your book(s). It focuses on preparation; preparation of the synopsis & sample chapters submission Cover Letter (US: standalone Query Letter) after the preparation of researching and qualifying the right agent to approach.

I found it a useful fire-side chat with a knowledgeable Subject Matter Expert. Nicola anticipated my questions and answered them as they arose. No mean feat in a book,
The CurvyJones
Was a good read but full of the same information I can get for free online via publisher and agent blogs. I didn't realize the author is from the UK so the term covering letter kept confusing me. In all, a nice rehash of the same thing all agents and advice givers say with good examples of what to do.
Eleanor
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An excellent, succinct guide to writing a query letter. Full of useful pieces of advice, I would recommend this to any writer who is in the process of preparing their work for submission.
Karen Grikitis
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Everything you need to know about writing a query letter that will sell your book. I read this book while I was writing my letter and found it incredibly useful.
MR MICHAEL FLETCHER