Start by marking “Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #5)

Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze #5)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  25,077 Ratings  ·  1,401 Reviews
Cage York has to choose between a love of the game and a love of the girl in this sultry Sea Breeze novel from New York Times bestselling author Abbi Glines.

After waiting for his big break, bad boy Cage York is finally called up to prove his worth in the college baseball arena. But when Cage’s girlfriend, Eva, mourns the sudden loss of her father, it’s not Cage’s comfortin
Published August 27th 2013 by Simon Pulse (first published August 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sometimes It Lasts, please sign up.
Silvs i just finished reading the first book and it really does look like a twilight fanfiction - all the elements are there - impossible love, him leaving…morei just finished reading the first book and it really does look like a twilight fanfiction - all the elements are there - impossible love, him leaving her for her own good, her almost dying in sadness, the best friend who is also in love with her but that she'll never love more than a friend, him coming back to her and saying he'd never leave her. not that its such a bad thing, i mean, don't we all get our ideas from somewhere? and 50 shades is also a fanfiction. (less)

Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Pushed back by like 45days or so!!! but it comes a day before my birthdayyyyy! :D yayie!!

New Teaser!!

CAGE

“Oh, Cage! I’m so happy for you. This was everything you wanted! You did it!” I slipped my hands in her hair and cradled her head.

“No, Eva. You’re everything I wanted. This is just the insurance that I can provide for you the way you deserve.”

She slipped her arms up my chest and locked her hands behind my neck. “As sweet as that is, I want you to do this for you too. Not for me. This is what
Christy
4-4.5 Cage York stars!!!

photo 47c0e00a-b9e7-437b-ab3a-c62aab0edb47_zpsbea31430.jpg

Cage and Eva’s story continues... they have been living together eight months. They are happy. In love. Cage just got a fantastic opportunity. A scholarship to play baseball. Taking it means going to Tennessee. He wants to go, but only if Eva will come with him. He’s not going to leave her behind.

photo 30cea89a-3615-4668-bdfe-8950798e1a48_zpsc7ddf658.jpg

Eva talks to her daddy about money to pay for college in Tennessee. It goes better than expected. Everything is set. They are going together. Then Eva finds out news that chan
Jhoan Tamayo
Aug 25, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: abbi-glines
Among all the Sea Breeze collection i really fell in love with the story of Cage and Eva can't wait for this!!!❤❤
Samantha
Oct 31, 2012 marked it as to-read
Every book that I have read by Abbi Glines has been great!! She is one of my favorite authors.
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 CAGE STARS!!!!!

“Mine,” Cage mumbled in his sleep pulling me closer to him. Even in his sleep he knew what I needed. I kissed his chin and smiled. “Yes, I’m yours.”

Sigh…I can’t get enough of Cage. Ms. Glines, you could write 10 books about Cage, and I would love all of them!

My Cage – He’s a bad boy, and you KNOW how much I love a bad boy! Oh yeah, and he has a dirty mouth. Yum! a swagger and a naughty mouth

My Eva: - I love Eva. She is on the serious side, but she does have some shit happen
Geri Reads
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.75-ish stars for the holy hotness that is Cage York!!

I originally rated it a solid 4 but after thinking about it and sleeping on it, I decided to give it a 3.75-ish stars only because of Cage. In a way, this book was okay but it's nowhere near the first book, While It Lasts, story-wise.

"No else for me ever. You're it. you're my always."

Sometimes It Lasts starts off with Cage finally getting a full baseball scholarship at a college in Tennessee. The plan was for Eva to join him there. Unfor
Spoiler Whore-Momoa rounds down on her reviews so fuck off
*Revised review*

Before I read the book---->This short review is not based on the book cause I haven't read it due to the ridiculously price the publishers deem it's worth. I'll write my full review once the price has dropped significantly.

My final little review and little bit of rant...

A friend loaned me the book after my rant on how much the book cost and how I wasn't willing to spend $8.98 for not even a 175 page book. While I enjoyed the story and was somewhat happy with it and seeing what
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read these!! Sometimes It Lasts is the sequel to While It Lasts continues Cage and Eva's story.

Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh, man, the hurt. The hearteater hurt. It was almost too much if it wasn't because I had faith on Abbi I'd give it up. «Eva, I want my always.» asdfghjkl, boy. Now I want Jeremy to have his own book. See? that's the thing with Abbi: she makes you love her characters big time. Baby Eli :'33 Low and Cage finally have a family.
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“Make no mistake. There will always be an us. You can pretend like what we had never happened. You can ignore your feelings. Hell, baby, you can even marry Jeremy f*cking Beasley. But there will always be an us. No one and nothing can change that.”

There are sequels and then there are PERFECT sequels, and this is as perfect as a continuation of a favourite story can get. In While It Lasts, we fell in love with Cage York, a bad boy sent to work on a farm during summer because of a DUI, who met
Aman
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
     You all know how much I love Abbi Glines and her equally romantic and sexy books, so it's kills me to say that the fifth book in the Sea Breeze series which featured my favorite couple ever, Cage and Eva, was unfortunately my least favorite Abbi Glines book. Ah, the hurt! I did enjoy Sometimes it Lasts tremendously and that's why I'm giving it 3.5 stars but looking at the bigger picture, I felt like this book added additional drama in Cage & Eva's life and it wasn't really needed. Have ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.75 Angsty Abbi stars :)

The continuation of Cage and Eva's story, following on the end of Just For Now. Eva and Cage are happily in love and making plans on starting a new life together in Tennessee, when tragedy strikes. Eva must remain in Alabama, and she makes Cage go off to college to fulfill his dreams without her. Over time, the distance takes its toll, and the two find themselves where they never thought they would be: apart.

This book was a sweet, yet angsty story. I know for many she
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 04, 2012 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars

description

I really enjoyed catching up with the Sea Breeze gang! I love this series and each and every character in Sea Breeze, Alabama. On the flip side, this book just didn’t wow me like all the others. Still that Cage York is pretty fantastic!

description

There were a few typos, the price was high and the story was short (164 pages). However, on the positive side, Cage and Eva have alternating povs are still hot and steamy in and out of the barn and have another SWEET hea.

The reason why Cage and Eva’s
Andie
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, new-adult
Can't get enough of Cage York!!
Anne OK
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
The story itself is fabulous and just what you might expect from Cage York and his "always." They still share that off-the-charts sizzling chemistry and there was plenty of yummy romance and hot steamy sexual encounters. Plenty of angst and trials to overcome between Eva and Cage were also present in this sequel. Between Cage's move to Tennessee on a baseball scholarship and the tragedy Eva faces back home on the ranch, Abbi Glines has once again proven she can execute a captivating storyline. J ...more
Sheryl
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OH GOD... THAT WAS F*CKINGLY AWESOME, BRILLIANTLY FANTASTIC, FREAKIN' HAWT AND BONE-MELTINGLY SWEET ALL ROLLED INTO ONE!!!!!!!

I will write my proper review once i get home from work - because the words that i have to describe Cage are not fit for my colleagues eyes (What? They all think i'm a sweet angel! LMAO!!!) *WAGGLES EYESBROWS*.

Just some thoughts in the meantime; i wasn't sure where Abbi was going to go with this story... i really didn't want Cage and Eva (but really i was thinkin' about C
Teazia Cockburn
Sep 25, 2012 marked it as to-read
How do we know that it is Cade and Eva, what about Dewayne, I WANT Dewayne!!!
Michelle
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I knew Cage York was good man, and this book right here proves it! He happens to be my second favourite sea breeze boy with preston leading in first place!
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
CAGE:
After waiting for his big break, bad boy Cage York is finally called up to prove his worth in the college baseball arena..This full-ride scholarship will secure his and Eva's future together..

The day arrives when Eva has to talk to her dad about moving to Tennessee State alongside Cage, and with the hope that he'll help support her, she learns of her dad's illness..

Somehow she needs to convince Cage to go ahead of her to chase his dreams whilst she stays behind..

EVA:
Having to be apart fro
Kuroneko
Dec 28, 2012 marked it as to-read
is this Cage and Eva's sequel?!?
or could this be Jason's??
what about Dewayne and Krit?
and also I wouldn't mind a Rock and Trisha prequel..

but I'm rooting for Cage and Eva sequel :)

(view spoiler)
Purple
About the cover - wasn't Eva a blonde?! EDIT: As Allison pointed out in her commentary Eva is not a blonde! It doesn't matter nor does it influence anything in my review but it's good to have the right facts about the appearance of the characters.

Setting: Fantasy Land. In this land idiocy is a prized possession. Every individual strives to have it but it's easily and freely given. The author is very generous in that way! What's the inspiration for this kind of story?? The minds and the actions o
Esther
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Abbi, you always know how to make a hot and full of drama book.

I want a boyfriend like Cage: sexy, sweet, with a dirty mouth, baseball player… although I don’t like that he be so possessive.

Eva was strong considering her situation. She frustrated me at times but it was hard to stay upset with her.

And I love Jeremy, he's a good friend to Eva.
Pam Nelson
5 Sometimes it Lasts Stars

Cage & Eva take 2
It always made me wonder why Abbi gave Cage and Eva 2 books but I see now there story wasn’t over.

Now this is the kind of story I was expecting when we first meet Cage in Willow’s and Marcus’ book.

But what I wasn’t expecting was to love Cage sooooo much he really tries to do the right thing, even if that means hurting himself in the process.

I wasn’t an Eva fan in this book, until the end but she is cool and I am glad Cage is hers’. That’s kinda c
Stephanie Palomo
Feb 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
TEASER:

Eva

I stood on the porch of my daddy’s house looking out over the familiar land I’d grown up loving. So many memories danced through my head. Once those memories had only been for Josh, my childhood sweetheart, fiancée and now a fallen soldier. He had been my world even after his death. Until Cage York came walking into my life with a swagger and a naughty mouth.
He was nothing like Josh but I’d fallen in love with him anyway. Smiling, I picked up my glass of sweet tea and took a sip. I was
Jess
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Whew! Roller coaster of a ride this was! Abbi pretty much makes a comeback (even though she was never really gone) with a another great instalment to the Sea Breeze series. It felt awesome to get back in Sea Breeze with Cage and all the gang.

When you read While It Lasts, you think, aw way! Happy ending for Cage and Eva...little did we know...Abbi had this little beaut up her gorgeous Alabama sleeve! BOOM out pops Sometimes It Lasts like a little book baby!

Sometimes It Lasts was a great additio
Jenn
3 Stars

This book fell flat for me.
Which makes me kinda sad, cause I really wanted to LOVE every page.
Cause who doesn't love a good dose of Cage York?
Especially after While It Last?

It started strong -- the prologue kicked ass. So many emotions. It had some twist in the beginning, which I don't always like, but it hooked me in quick!

And I enjoyed the last 20% a lot.

But the middle was just kinda blah, repetitive, and frustrated me A LOT.

The prologue set the stage for some major twist and turns. B
Haidoulina
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sorry that aren't any more stars to give...I loved Cage all over again...

This book made me cry,laugh, get pissed,grieve,love and general made me feel it..

You have to read While It Lasts first(as this one is its sequel) if not even Because of Low so you can see all of Cage York transformation from a player who messes around to the guy in the end of this book...I only hope there are more glimpses of him and Eva in the next books of the series....

My favorite book boyfriend of the series so far and
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty
I enjoyed this book so much!! I love Abbi Glines as it is so this just boosts my love for her books even more. I loved Cage and Eva. They were so perfect together. The ending and epilogue, PERFECT!

On another note, I wonder if Jeremy will get his own book, I'd definitely read it! So if anybody can put a bug in Abbi's ear, I'm all for it!
Melissa
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was doubting to give this one 4 or 5 stars.. It wasn't as gripping as the first cage and Eva book but
1) it's cage!!!
2) I actually had to cry. Like real tears rolling over my cheeks! I blame it on "it's that time of the month" tho
3) it's CAGE!!!

So hell, 5 stars.
Hannah
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seeing some of the reviews for this book I was worried about it. However, this was actually better than I was expecting. Sure they didn't need another book but it was still nice. Especially since we got updates about all the other couples.
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4)
  • The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
  • Near and Far (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)
  • Depths (Silver Strand, #2)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Stealing Harper (Taking Chances, #1.5)
  • The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, #2)
  • My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont #2)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)
  • White Trash Damaged (White Trash Trilogy, #2)
  • Unafraid (Beachwood Bay, #2)
  • Perfectly Unmatched (Youngblood, #2)
  • Girl on Tour (Kylie Ryans, #2)
  • Faithful (Wanted, #3)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be Britis ...more
More about Abbi Glines

Sea Breeze (9 books)
  • Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)
  • Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)
  • While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)
  • Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)
  • Misbehaving (Sea Breeze, #6)
  • Bad for You (Sea Breeze, #7)
  • Hold on Tight (Sea Breeze, #8)
  • Until the End (Sea Breeze, #9)
“But dreams change. Fate has a way showing you paths you want more.” 35 likes
“You need to run. Your ass may be bigger than me, but I can use a gun real damn good. So you’ve been warned. I’m coming after your motherfucking ass and I intend to put a bullet between your eyes.” 16 likes