Start by marking “Crystal Warrior (Legend of the Crystals, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crystal Warrior (Legend of the Crystals, #1)

Crystal Warrior (Legend of the Crystals #1)

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Larissya's life changes forever when her Grandmother gives her a magic crystal that shows her glimpses of the future. Hunted by mercenaries and an evil group known as the Triad, she is rescued by a large brute of a man named Talos and his band of diminutive followers.

She soon discovers that everyone thinks she is the one referred to in legend as The Crystal Warrior. And t
Published December 9th 2011 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crystal Warrior

Jim Parish
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I wanted to really like this book. There are the makings of a really good story here, but the book fails for me for a number of reasons. In my opinion, the world building fails. I never get a sense of what Larissya's world is like. Elim, Alorn, Onan - are they names of residents of different countries? Different races or ethnic groups? Different sub-species of humans? That question is never answered. Widgens appear to be a different sub-species. Why is she the Crystal Warrior? Why does her grand ...more
Malinda
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review. The author has a unique and refreshing imagination. I did enjoy reading this quite a bit. It was wonderfully written. Cooley described the worlds wonderfully, I was able to mentally "see" all the scenes. However, I had a harder time imagining the different characters. He could've gone more in depth with them. I would've loved to know more.
Cody Martin
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Mike Cooley. It’s a high fantasy adventure story. Larissa, the main protagonist, is supposedly the legendary warrior, who is destined to get all six of the magic crystals and save her world. Standing in her way is the Triad, who want to use the crystals to bring about death and destruction.

The books starts off gritty and relentless and doesn’t stop. Within the first chapter, Larissa is running for her life, and the book continues at a nearly breakneck speed. The chapter
Bill Tillman
Prophecy or Legend makes little difference when it is not spelled out, without telling us the Legend how are we to know crystal one from crystal six? The tale is fast and exciting but without a proper foundation. How hard can a little poetry, or mysterious lines from of olde be? Hard to give a big thumbs up without a prophecy.

Larissya's Grandmother gives her a magic while on her death bed. Hunted by an evil group known as the Triad, and a band of mercenaries.Rescued by a large brute of a man nam
Candra Hodge
Oct 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
I only got about 20% through the book before I had to stop reading it because it was practically giving me a headache. It has the makings of an interesting story, but the way the author jumps perspectives constantly throughout the book (from the different groups involved in the story) and the sheer number of characters that are introduced almost immediately- I was unable to keep track of who was who and what they were doing half the time. Also, other than knowing the story is about a bunch of cr ...more
Belinda
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to review.

Larissya losses her grandmother, gains the first of six crystals, is hunted by a group of men, and finds out that she is the Warrior from a legend and is destined to save the world all in the first chapter. The remainder of Crystal Warrior keeps up this fast pace excitement throughout until the very end. There weren't any of the slow areas that I usually just skim through.

My favorite genre is Sci-Fi/Fantasy, I just love reading (and learning) about
Michelle Dekker
Oct 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I downloaded a review copy from StoryCartel.

The Crystal Warrior... What can I say. Not my favourite. This is not a book I would recommend to sensitive readers. The classic evil theme of good vs evil is present throughout the book.

About tcw

TCW is a book about Larrissya. A girl who lives on Agorai a colourful planet.
When Larrissya's grandmother dies, she is entrusted with a crystal. The triad will do anything to get their hands on it and hunts her. She meets many protesters as she tries to keep a
L.J. Capehart
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review, so here it is! Crystal Warrior is fast paced, and full of excitement. I probably would have given it 4 and a half stars, but you can't! Anyway, Mike Cooley's writing is solid, with very few errors that I noticed. The story line was interesting and imaginative, and his characters were well done overall. I wasn't entirely sure how I would like it at first. There are slightly inappropriate bits here and there that didn't really add to the st ...more
David
Mar 20, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No-one
Shelves: fantasy
Terrible. Story was complicated and went all over the place. There was very little of the back story explained. People were referred to in different ways and I couldn't work out if this was a different nationality or race. There were also frequent errors with references. eg. someone referred to a sword by name before they were told the name and before any reference to the name was in the book.
Laurie Hopkins
Didn't hold my interest

Not able to put my finger on it but this just didn't hold my attention so I kept skipping ahead, may have been due to the constant switch of views, I really have come to dislike it when authors do this.
Angie
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too many unusual character names, location names, and names of races. There isn't any pattern discerning them all, so it was hard to understand the narration until about half way through the book. Reading on the Kindle Fire helped so I could search for words elsewhere in the book.
Rachel
Oct 04, 2013 marked it as owned-to-read  ·  review of another edition
*downloaded free on ARE
Fiona rose crossley
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
UNIQUE. Once i started reading i couldnt stop im hooked and cant wait to read the next one.
Michael
May 25, 2014
Dawn
Mar 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Demon's Daughter (Cursed, #1)
  • Sunnyside Up with Red Ketchup
  • Realm Keepers: Episode One
  • The Tower of Bones (Three Powers, #2)
  • The Magi (The Magi Series, #1)
  • Legend (Guardians of the Word #4)
  • A Circle Of Iron (Eldernost, #1)
  • Fall: The Last Testament of Lucifer Morningstar
  • The Starry Child (Starry Child, #1)
  • The Coming Storm (The Coming Storm, #1)
  • The Gifting (Gathandrian Fantasy Trilogy #1)
  • Etchings of Power (Aegis of the Gods, #1)
  • Myla by Moonlight (Eldwyn Chronicles, #1)
  • Hemlock and the Wizard Tower  (The Maker's Fire, #1)
  • The Root of Thought: Unlocking Glia--The Brain Cell That Will Help Us Sharpen Our Wits, Heal Injury, and Treat Brain Disease
  • Valcoria: Children of the Crystal Star
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
  • Soul Seeker (The World of Lasniniar, #1)
792063
I have been writing science fiction and fantasy stories for many years. My writing has an edge to it. I enjoy exploring the dark and surreal landscapes of the mind.

My first fantasy novel, The Crystal Warrior, has just been released. I am currently working on book two in the series.

I also have a science fiction collection called Skin of Giants.

I grew up in Washington State, went to college in New
More about Mike Cooley...

Legend of the Crystals (2 books)
  • Crystal Origin (Legend of the Crystals, #2)