Start by marking “Pride After Her Fall” as Want to Read:
Pride After Her Fall

Pride After Her Fall

3.14  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Bankrupt, homeless and alone, Lorelei St James is an heiress on the edge. Yet she hides her desperation behind her glossy blond hair and even brighter smile. Getting lectured on her driving by a hot-tempered—and ridiculously attractive—stranger will not be what shatters her carefully crafted facade!

Legendary Australian racing driver Nash Blue knows a thing or two about pri
Published January 22nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Pride After Her Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pride After Her Fall

Alex is The Romance Fox
This is the 2nd book I've read by Lucy Ellis and am now a total fangirl!!! The 1st one was https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2.... I loved both of them.

Her heroines are unconventional, quirky, unusual and surprising. Her heroes are totally gorgeous alpha males and the settings beyond stunningly glamorous.

Pride after her Fall has one of the most surprising.......amazing plots ever!! I was "watching" a movie inside my head!!!

Okay, so we have a French/American heiress/socialite down on her luck..
Tali
I am in a bit of a quandary about this book, because on the one hand, I really liked the story and mostly liked the characters and thought the writing was good, and on the other, certain little bits of the book made me a bit cross. I loved Lorelei as a character, I really enjoyed reading about her, but for someone who's supposed to be really smart and pulled together and everything, she really acted quite stupid in places. And Nash spends the whole book making veiled hints about his unhealthy ch ...more
Roub
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
my 1st book by lucy ellis and i was clearly impressed as the book was intense. compared to other harlequins, it had depth. but i was a bit pissed off with nash's attitude. he did not treat lorelie well even though he did help her while lorelie lacked pride and allowed him to use her for sex. yes that's the impression i got. that's why the book lost stars for me
Tonya Warner
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Lorelei comes off as a total scatter-brain. Nash Blue is not much better. Not sure how or why they would have ever gotten together.

Definately not a very romantic story. Not really much of a 'story'. ZJust a kind of mushed together lines. Disappointing.
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
Couldn't finish it thanks to Lorelei
Kellison
3 Stars.

Fairly engaging read, and the characters were mostly enjoyable—though they definitely would have benefited from a long, honest talk with one another.
Mudpie
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful settings in Monaco and Mauritius. ..this is my first Lucy Ellis book and I quite like it! I like both H and h as both craved security and love they never got even as children. The overwhelming tenderness that comes through their love scenes and how each time Nash hurts Lorelei by pushing her away all got to me. Yet the moment Nash lays eyes on Lorelei he could not resist her...hot!
Jenny
Feb 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this a week ago but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Lucy Ellis's writing style is not my cup of tea...
Harlequin Books