Start by marking “Living the Charade” as Want to Read:
Living the Charade

Living the Charade

Miller Jacobs knows that professional success doesn't always come easy, and she's not afraid of hard work. But her flair for business can't help with her latest problem—finding a fake boyfriend for a weekend away with her boss!

Valentino Ventura, maverick of the racing world, is Miller's polar opposite. Yet helping buttoned-up Miller let her hair—and whatever else she wants
Paperback, Large Print, 256 pages
Published January 22nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Living the Charade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living the Charade

Start your review of Living the Charade
Kaycee ❤️

‘I’ve organised a meeting first thing tomorrow morning to announce my retirement from the circuit. Effective immediately.’
‘Why would you do that? You love racing.’
‘I love you more.’

That pretty much sums up why I loved this book! It was a great read. Truthfully, there was never a dull moment.
Jenn - Reviews
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a fabulous story. 4.5 stars.
Michelle Conder's writing style is fast-paced and interesting. I'm always amazed at the reasons she finds to put two people together under the same roof. The characters are multi-dimensional and very real. Michelle understands human nature and human emotions.
And for all the Aussies out there this story is set here in Australia in both Melbourne and Sydney and a part of it in Phillip Island. It's great to read about places I know.
I recommend this book to all
Tawnya
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was wonderful getting to know Miller and Valentino. Not only together as a "fake" couple but also as individuals that ended up making the real couple. They were both so damaged from their individual pasts that it was almost like a story within the story on how they each worked through their insecurities.
Sandhya
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yooooo this book was so good like fake fiancé who happens to be a race car driver in denial about everything in life with a career girl who takes no shit and also smacks him with a bunch of doses of reality ...more
Andrea Lujano
Protagonistas: Miller & Valentino

Profesiones: Piloto de Carrera & Publicista

Pais: Australia
Xai Xai
Great story! wanted the Epilogue
Anna
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really nice story with a good plot. Nice characters who didnt bore me to death. Love the writing style.
Heila
(Eintlik 3.5)

Miller moet ‘n kêrel hê as sy haar werk wil behou.

Dis die gewone cliché van speel-speel wat dan eg word – maar dis goed geskryf.

My grootste probleem met hierdie boek is dat dit uit Engels oorvertaal is: daar is baie kulturele verskille en ‘n paar anglisismes – en dan praat ek nie eens oor die name wat ongemaklik saam met die Afrikaans gaan nie. Dit als ruk ‘n mens uit die storie uit wanneer jou brein daaraan vashaak.

Dis in die egte Mills&Boon styl geskryf: baie vurig, smeulend
Calysta
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: white-noise
Liked the characters, the situation (I'm a slut for fake dating that turns real), and the resolution.
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Living the Charade by Michelle Conder is a fabulous read about a headstrong heroine who takes no prisoners and an equally alpha hero.

Miller Jacobs is a strong and independent woman with ambitious career goals. She has worked hard and is on fast track to being made partner all she needs is to close the current deal at hand, while resisting the advances of her client which is easier said than done.

Miller decides to solve this problem by finding herself a fake boyfriend for a
Jenny
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pretty awesome! Miller and Valentino had great hot chemistry and the book never got boring. Even though I tend to dislike bitchy heroines I absolutely relate to Miller. All her life she is doing the right thing, she is serious, ambitious and a control freak. She really challenges Valentino not because she is a shrew but because his lifestyle and laid-back attitude is so different from hers.

The hero has some daddy issues and doesn't do commitment which is his way of dealing with his pain and
Tracey
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hot steamy read!
Controlled, independent Miller needs a man, but only for a weekend. She needs a fake boyfriend to help her gain promotion and to avoid her clients unwanted attention. Eyes drawn to the sexy stranger wearing ripped jeans and a 'my pace or yours' t-shirt she knows exactly who to avoid. Valentino 'Tino' lives life in the fast lane and can't resist accepting the position. Lucky her, he's delish! Miller quickly discovers it's not his behaviour she has to worry about but hers.
Alayyah
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amanda Critchley
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Liked the male lead, Tino was sexy, but the female lead was agro a lot of the time, and I choose a book to relax, not get wound up by a stroppy character. I do love a happy ending, but this one was so far fetched I ended up throwing the book down and having a large glass of wine. Seriously? Michelle Conder really pushed the limit of believability. Disappointing.
Brigitta Antal
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Érdekes volt. Nem mondom, hogy tökéletes kis füzet volt, de rossznak sem mondanám. És nem mindig a ruha teszi az embert. :D
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a good book; fast paced and interesting throughout. The characters are great together they help each other to discover their priorities may not be the most important. I especially liked that this book didn't seem to have some huge issue that gets skipped over, everything just feels right and settled in the end.
Toni Davids
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think I'm a serious Michelle Conder fan because I love anything she writes and this is no exception. We have heat, we have chemistry, we have enough steam to peel back the wallpaper and a hero and heroine who make a fantastic couple. Excellent!
Ree
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! I enjoyed the dialogue/banter - it made the story more interesting. And the characters' chemistry? Hot!!! I liked that both were headstrong, and that neither of them became pushovers during the book. Will read Ms. Condor again!
Jane(Janelba)
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one and a good hero & heroine too.
Jennifer Drogell
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from start to finish. Great characters, fun story, awesome chemistry between hero and heroine. And I love Michelle Conder's voice.
Kay
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic,brilliant book.Loved the story and loved the characters.
Harlequin Books
Category: Passion
Modesty_b
Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it
It was a welcome change from the kind of books I was reading.... the story was lively ...too bad it didn't have an epilogue... I hope there's a series to it
Annie Burrows
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the fact that the heroine resisted the hero because of her own hang-ups, and the hero had to fight to overcome them all.
Blue Bandaged Heart
Jun 14, 2018
Lex
Sep 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Marriage He Must Keep (The Wrong Heirs #1)
  • The Consequence He Must Claim
  • Uncovering the Silveri Secret
  • What a Sicilian Husband Wants (Irresistible Sicilians, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Blackmailed Bride
  • The Italian's Pregnant Prisoner (Once Upon A Seduction, #3)
  • Claiming His Wedding Night Consequence
  • Marchese's Forgotten Bride
  • The Greek's Virgin Bride
  • Hajar's Hidden Legacy (Beasts of the Desert, #1)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Bought by the Greek Tycoon
  • Veretti's Dark Vengeance (Presents Extra)
  • Engaged at the Chatsfield (The Chatsfield, #0.5)
  • Conquering His Virgin Queen
  • My Bought Virgin Wife
  • The Greek's Surprise Christmas Bride
After graduating from the University of Melbourne, Michelle Conder took a variety of jobs before packing her bags and traveling and working overseas. When none of the career opportunities she encountered grabbed her she returned to Australia and after more study decided to follow her lifelong dream of becoming a writer.

Michelle now lives in Melbourne with her husband and three children and when