Start by marking “Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)” as Want to Read:
Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Kitty)

Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed

(Heartwarming Letters)

The cat's answer to Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe, Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed is a hilarious collection of full-color photos and letters of excuses and suggestions from cats to the people who love them—no matter what bad thing they’ve done! Inside Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed, writer and comedian Jeremy Greenberg presents a collection of laugh-out-loud letters and photographs ...more
Paperback, 1, 64 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed

Dewey by Vicki MyronThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollA Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
Great "Cat" Books
1,385 books — 720 voters
The Night Circus by Erin MorgensternThe Outsiders by S.E. HintonThe Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert RankinDead Bitch Army by Andre DuzaBrave New World by Aldous Huxley
There Ought to be a Band
2,108 books — 1,109 voters

More lists with this book...

Bonnie
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Oh, cat books. As hard as I try and stay away from your infinite silliness, it's forever a losing battle. Like air boxing.

But their cuteness cannot be denied. Admit it. Cats can be crazy cute.

But... of course they have their moments. Moments where one can only stare in horror and wonder what monster you brought home to live with you.

They're basically just a furry paper weight that lacks any true purpose.

But what would do you think your cat would say to you if it could speak? Or if it could even
Jan
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
I got this book from my sister in law, who brought it to the nursing home to read to my Mom in her final days. It's silly, sarcastic, and just what was need to help keep the mood light.

When I started the book, my Mom's eyes were open, so I was able to show her the adorable cat pictures that coincide with each letter that I read. Toward the end, it was just the letters that kept us entertained. Even with a heavy heart, these cat written letters made me laugh out loud.

I highly recommend this book
Lisa B.
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok - yes - I wanted to read this book because of the title and the cover. I thought this would be a book that I would look at once and that would be that.

As it turns out, I’ve looked at this little gem of a book several times already - mostly when I need a good laugh. The author is spot on about cat behavior. The pictures go along perfectly with each little tale. This book is a keeper. Have a friend who is also a cat lover and could use a chuckle - consider giving this as a gift. You won’t go wr
Mayda
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book would deserve 5 stars for the photos alone, but the letters from the kitties just add to the hilarity. You’ll see the world through a cat’s eye view, and be privy to just how your cat’s mind works. You’ll get advice on relationships, sleeping, and eating – things that are of great importance to a cat. This book will bring a smile to your face, even if you are of the canine persuasion.
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
ARC provided by Andrews McMeel Publishing
Stephanie
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
ORIGINAL POST: ROMANCING THE CAT
Purchased

If I didn’t know the majority of you are pet lovers , and often cat lovers in particular, I would still have to tell you about this amusing new book. My husband and I picked it up as a hostess gift while we were in California in the fall. I nodded and laughed out loud often while reading this one; especially when I would come across a universal cat truth, the kind of thing a cat person will recognize as perfectly ap
Claire G
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Cat lovers. People who tolerate cats. Just...people in general.
Review originally posted on Book To Book Reviews

Aw, it's over already... I want more.

Review;
At this moment in time I'm supposed to be reading other books to review, at least that was the plan, but then I downloaded this title and couldn't stop myself from reading! The smile never left my face whilst I read this little book.

As the co-owner of four cats, you could call me a cat lover, or even a crazy cat lady, and so when I saw this book on Goodreads I just had to check it out and I am so glad th
Ambrosia Sullivan
Posted first for my blog The Purple Booker

A little bit of Irony...cat puked on my copy of this book not long after I read it. I am going to buy myself another copy as soon as I have a chance. This is a great and fun book. There is not of course much plot to this it is just a fun little book about cats with cat stories. I love it. I have always given a voice to my cats and this book well sounds like some of the voices I give them. If you want to have a fun and fast laugh this is a book for you. I
Roz ~ My Written Romance
I usually review romance novels, but while on NetGalley, I thought I'd check out some other types of titles. I'm glad I did, because I found this.

This was both funny and sweet. I could just about imagine the kitties plotting out the letters and writing them. Every cat I've known just looks like it's plotting anyway.

The photos matched the letters perfectly. My personal favourite was the trio of Blixa, Tiramisu and Zabaglione. However, they were all lovely.

If you know a cat lover, if you love cats
Niklas Pivic
Jan 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: cats, humor, pictures
This book contains a lot for the cat lover in us all. For every cat picture, there's a page with words to complement it, written by the cat to a human being. I think a lot of people would find this to be a cute book with some really laughable (in the best sense of the word) and memorable pictures and words.
Lee Ann
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This was a really funny and cute book. As the owner of a few pesty cats myself, I could appreciate the humor. The photography was great too! The cats in this book are all adorable. If you're looking for a very quick, fun read, and you know the toils of being a crazy cat person, you'd probably enjoy this book. Glad I picked it up.
Amanda
Another cute story from Jeremy Greenberg. The cat pictures were adorable. Some of the letters had me laughing out loud.
Christine
Feb 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is not my usual type of book, but much to my own surprise, I've developed quite a soft spot for kitties, so when I saw this one available for review on NetGalley, I just had to check it out.

I'm a recent convert to the world of cat-lovers and as a member of that particular "club," I found this little book quite amusing. It would be a perfect gift for the (crazy?) cat person in yo
A Book Vacation
Feb 28, 2013 rated it liked it
To see my full review:

This is for us cat lovers out there. I wouldn’t say I’m a “cat lady,” but I do enjoy the companionship I have with my two felines, and their awkward sleeping habits, as well as strange actions in general make me giggle on many an occasion. I actually picked this one up on Netgalley because, not too long ago, my Bella did barf on my bed—while I was in it, no less. I woke up to it, right below my chin, on my brand new comforter. Best. Present. Ever.

This
Mary Chrapliwy
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-books
Is it any wonder this was written by a comedian? Cat lover that I am, I sat down with this book and laughed out loud. The photography is fabulous and catches cats in all kinds of poses to go with words you may think your cat would say if only they could speak. Sure, what they're really thinking about is that leaf, bug, or bird skittering across the deck outside the window; or they're thinking about food or napping in that tiny scrap of sun coming through the blinds. However, cat lovers tend to t ...more
Alisha-Dear Constant Reader
Silly and sweet, Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed satisfies the need to laugh at the wee beasties we live with.

photo tumblr_lurgv2GVrD1qj05iuo1_500_zpsf9b5926f.gif

This is a feel-good book that would be great on a phone, so you can flip through it while standing in line at Walmart. Ah! A natural stress remedy.

I, for one, am looking forward to my letter from my cat, Bluebell, who has a tendency to treat my fingers like hot dogs, or at least small cocktail wieners.
Dixie
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jeremy Greenberg clearly knows cats. Sorry I Barfed on Your Bed is a collection of very short letters from cats to their owners. Each story is accompanied by a super cute kitty photo that sets the scene for the letter. I'm a sucker for black cats so I think "Dear Bewitched Bed Warmer" was probably my favorite. If you have ever been owned by a cat, most of these stories will sound familiar. Who doesn't love a cat in a fresh laundry basket or a cat in a shiny new box?

If you love cats, you will lo
Paula
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley.

I loved this book! I found it quite funny and laughed on almost every single page. The pictures are realistic and captured the kitties and their personalities so well. The author did a fantastic job on his letters and made them so personal, but yet so darn true, up to date and hilarious. It's also a quick uplifting read and I would find it hard to believe if someone could read this book without laughing once. A great read and/ or gift for a cat l
Trish at Between My Lines
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Are you a cat lover? Are you looking for a pressie for a cat lover? If you answered yes to either of these, then I recommend you check this book out.

A short book of letters from cats to their 'owners' accompanied with cute photos. This book will make you laugh and want go find your own cat for a cuddle. Adorable cute and captures the quirky, contrary nature of cats perfectly.

And it will also have you writing a letter from your own cat to you. Or maybe that's just me!
Pamela D
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Suffice it to say, I did not enjoy this little book targeted towards a cat lovers.

What I Liked:
1. The pictures of the cats and kittens were quite cute.
2. The premise of cats and kittens writing letters was adorable.

What I Didn't Like:
1. The letters did not draw me in. Even though each letter was short, my attention span drifted while reading them.
Robin
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cat lovers
Sometimes, you just need a short, fun read to make you smile.
That's what this book promised, and it delivered.

The layout of the book is a cute cat photo along with a brief bio and a heartfelt letter from the cat on a variety of subjects. It's a short read but long on smiles.

Jillian and Didjeradoo were my favorites. Who were yours?
Gus
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you've ever owned a cat, or multiple cats, you will likely find this little coffee table book to be laugh-out-loud funny. (Or smile worthy at the least). The photography included provides an emotional link to each "letter writer" only a cat lover could understand. A good read if you need a chuckle.
Erin
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
So cute....and such an easy read. My kitties have needed to apologize for barfing on my bed more times than I'd like to admit. Ahh the perils of having pets. It's worth every ounce of the inconvenience. hey my bed is washable.
Amanda
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this book through Netgalley.

This was a really cute book. It would be the perfect book for a cat lover who is having a bad day. The pictures were adorable and the corresponding letters from the cats were really funny. Great gift idea!
Markie
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun, light read!!!
Mike
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are feeling down and need a little pick me up, this is the one to make you smirk, smile and then laugh out loud. :D
Donna
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very helpful and funny guide that will show humans a little of what your cats are up to. Cute pictures and plenty of smiles. A short book, but worth reading with your cat.
Rosalie
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amusing and true little captions. The pictures were very cute.
Krista
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
What a funny little book! Definitely recommended for all cat lovers (with a sense of humor, of course). ; )
Katherine
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Who doesn't love a funny cat book?
  • I Knead My Mommy: And Other Poems by Kittens
  • Guys Can Be Cat Ladies Too
  • Lil BUB's Lil Book: The Extraordinary Life of the Most Amazing Cat on the Planet
  • Texts From Mittens: A Cat Who Has an Unlimited Data Plan...and Isn't Afraid to Use It
  • The Devious Book for Cats: A Parody
  • Texts from Dog
  • Downton Tabby
  • 100 Cats Who Changed Civilization
  • If Only You Knew How Much I Smell You: True Portraits of Dogs
Jeremy Greenberg is a writer and comic born in New York, raised in the Bay Area, and currently making his home in Seattle. He is the author of the forthcoming book, Relative Discomfort: The Family Survival Guide (Andrews McMeel). Jeremy has been a contributor to The Complete Idiots Guide to Jokes (Alpha/Penguin), a contributing joke writer for Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen, a freelancer for MS ...more

Heartwarming Letters (3 books)
  • Sorry I Peed on You (and Other Heartwarming Letters to Mommy)
  • Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Doggie)
“The service was also very nice. Normally, when food is served, they say, “Bon appétit.” But when this food was dropped, you said, “Son of a bitch!”—even though I saw no puppies.” 2 likes
“Sure, I might follow you into the bathroom and try to sit on your lap while you poop.” 0 likes