Start by marking “Arctic Absolution (Arctic Absolution, #1)” as Want to Read:
Arctic Absolution (Arctic Absolution, #1)

Arctic Absolution

(Arctic Absolution #1)

This is a previously-published edition of ISBN13: 9781622341986.

Dixon Rowe is a good man and a good cop who keeps finding himself in bed with the enemy. After he picks up a young ex-con named Jaye Larson for stealing food, Dixon is seduced by the possibility of helping someone truly in need. He tells himself he’s assisting young Jaye out of the goodness of his heart—not b
ebook, 1 edition, 240 pages
Published December 16th 2014 by Fantastic Fiction Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Arctic Absolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arctic Absolution

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

The blurb states: Both of their pasts are filled with malicious ghosts that haunt every step....

Translation (trigger warning): (view spoiler)

I feel this should be disclosed, because these themes are a trigger for some readers. Had I known exactly what "malicious ghosts" entailed, I may not have read this book.

And I would have missed out.
Gigi

If I rate a book 5 stars, it means I loved it and it gets the highest rating GoodReads has to offer. If I rate a book 5 stars and put it on my absolute favorites shelf, it means I loved it and want to shelf it for re-read in the near future because it is THAT good and deserves another read. If I rate a book 5 stars and shelf it fuck yeah, 5+ stars, it means that the book was the best of the best and without flaws (that I could see). It's a very rare thing for me to shelf a book fuck yeah, 5+ sta
Sheziss
I wasn't very convinced in the beginning but it goes from worse to better and I ended up loving it.

The main problem is the style of writing. There are times I wonder if the grammar is correct. I'm not native but some sentences still sound wrong. But that's nothing compared to the alternative POV in the same paragraph or even in the same sentence. The bi-POV annoyed me, I had to re-read parts because I wasn't sure which one of them is feeling this or that. The author even "cuts" scenes with no lo
Christelle
That was not really what I thought it would be based on the blurb, but that is not to say I didn’t enjoy it, because I did.
Dixon is a 32-year-old cop in a remote Alaskan city. One evening, he is called for an on-going theft in a convenience store. He arrives just in time to catch Jaye, a 21-year-old man, who looks like a teen, with a bag of groceries he stole because he’s hungry. And then begins their relationship.

It’s intense as both Jaye and Dixon have a heavy past – possible triggers (view sp
Bev

Woot!! Two damaged souls, one definitely sick and twisted psycho stalker...(view spoiler) AND a Happy Ending!! What more could I ask for?? 4.5 stars from me. Thanks Lynn!!

photo happysmiley_zpseaa0679d.png
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm-m-m
5 holy shit what did I just read stars! This book was crazy good! Lynn Kelling is a freaking genius. I had so many emotions throughout this book. But just WOW!
Sofia

Need vs Abuse
Love vs Hate
Life vs Death
Strength vs Weakness
Never just one thing or another but a mixture.

Dealing with dark desires, juggling them to avoid the hurt. Not always so easy to know when or where to draw the line. Jaye playing the cards he has been dealt. Not an easy game but he plays, manipulates and survives. Might not make him a ‘nice’ man but a survivor yes, and what Dixon needs. They are able to look at each other and accept each other
Kazza
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, this is a study in domestic violence, maladaptive behaviour, as well as the psychological end-result of prolonged physical and emotional trauma. If you don't mind, are into, darker/edgier psychological romances, can handle rape (triggers), nasty post trauma thoughts which come to life on the page, and a burgeoning relationship between two deeply troubled, flawed characters, read this book. If you also like age-based, cop-con role play sex, some BDSM themes, if you enjoy angst overload, wan ...more
Jewel
Arctic Absolution wasn't a light and fluffy story. There's no knight in shining armor here. In fact, both MC's are very damaged men who are struggling to heal from their pasts. The story is well written and the character development is top notch. And while this wasn't the easiest of reads, I am very glad I read it and I look forward to reading more by this author.

Jaye Larson is young. Though 21, he looks much younger and he is pretty. Even his tattoos don't detract from how beautiful he is. He's
Debra
Another fantastic read from Lynn Kelling. There is so much to the story, but I don't want to give any of it away so no spoilers here.

One thing about Lynn's stories is that she does damaged characters so well, and Jaye and Dixon both have their fair share of past horrors. There are so many layers to each character and the more they are peeled back, the more your heart breaks for each man. Jaye is 21 and was brutally ripped out of the normal life he was living. Since that time his instinct is to d
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Nov 09, 2014 rated it liked it
★★★3.5 STARS★★★
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bgirls, ebook, mm, bdsm-d-s, dmc

4.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

Have you ever been in a kind of reading funk where things just haven’t been hitting the right buttons in the right way? Then, you pick up a book that does, and it feels like a giant breath of fresh air? Well, this one did it for me. I absolutely love being pleasantly surprised like this and was doing the happy dance the entire time I read it.

Twenty-one year old sweet Jaye keeps getting bad breaks. During his two-year prison sentence, he basically became anoth
Tina
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it

Liked it, a lot. I’m a sucker for hurt/comfort stories and this one was top notch. Both characters are damaged and are struggling with their past.

Jaye just came out of prison, and Dixon, on the surface an alpha male cop, just ended a relationship with an abusive lover. They both have to fight their inner demons... and the painful journey these guys take to true love isn’t an easy one.

Parts of the stories (especially the flashbacks) are angsty as hell. So if you want to push your boundaries... or
Lila

description

It's not always that obvious, but with some books I just have this feeling that telling this particular story... about these particular characters meant a great deal to author. That there is something special involved.
I had that same feeling here- Kelling poured her very soul in this and delivered, in my opinion, her best work yet.

Possible triggers - (view spoiler)

Ok.
Basic premise of this story is not terribly inventive for roma
Susan
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 35%

I give up.
The writing didn’t work for me. And don’t get me started about the characters.

I’m supposed to believe the muscular trooper who was in an abusive relationship with his ex, didn’t break it off, but just walked away when the boyfriend was out of town, and now wants to dominate the ass of a formerly abused twink with mental problems?

And the twink, who went to jail at the age of 19, because he stabbed the person who kidnapped him from his home, stabbed him in the chest and was tr
Ele
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a dark,dark, dark book.I know Lynn Kelling writes about brutal stuff and i love angst but man...this was tough to read at times even for me.Maybe a bit too explicit (?). The characters were really messed up and we got to see different sides of them..Possessive, submissive, gentle and caring Dixon.Protective, scared, tough Jaye. Anyway, everything comes together beautifully eventually and the MC's connection and chemistry is off the charts.
What i really liked was the way the author gave
Elena
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who like their heart ripped out of their chest's by the emotions and the feels!
Goodness gracious! It feels more like 5 hundred stars!!!
The best book I've read this year! And it beautifully ends up the 2016 for me...

To be honest, I am speechless! I have no words good enough to describe this wonderful book... I wish I could say it was "unputdownable" but it wasn't, not for me... I had to put it aside so many times because it was just so intense! It made me FEEL so much, it created so many thoughts and images in my head... I needed time to get through it, to think over all th
Katerina
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not done with reading. I stand at the very beginning. But you know ... there are these books that are so incredibly beautiful, you have to share them.

This is one of them.

Lynn Kelling (besides Jack L Pyke) is one of my favorite authors.

Her books touch the heart. So deep. And what she writes is so different. This is not a review. But the update status is too short. And I stand beside me. Quite excited. Some books can that do to me. Thank you, Lynn. So much!

"Blue jay. Jaye. Kind of obvious, I k
Elizabetta

If Jaye Larson knows anything, it’s how to survive. No family to speak of and fresh out of a two year stint in prison, he’s had to learn the hard way. He’s learned how to barter his body for protection and safety. The allure of his sensual beauty, young and hot, has been useful to him all his short twenty-one years. Both in and out of prison.

It’s become the one thing that gets him off-- his appeal, the control he has over other men.

Dixon Rowe, cop and state trooper has demons of his own. And he,
Kristie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hurt, hurt, and more hurt. If anyone knows how to write about a tortured soul, a person so hurt in life that you feel it through the whole book, it's Lynn Kelling.

I really like this book because it made me feel. The power exchanges between the two MC's was vital and necessary... even when it felt a little wrong. It's dark and sad, but when it becomes more than that? It's beautiful. This is such a touching story of two men, hurt by different people, in wholly different situations, coming togethe
Natalie
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, kindle-loaned, amazon
Torn about rating

I did and didn't like this story. I've kind of learned what to expect from Lynn Kelling's stories. They're always pretty effed up. These are two psychologically and physically damaged characters. It seems hard to believe that Dixon saw his relationship with Marcus the way he did. That's the insidious nature of abuse, where the victims blame themselves for the acts perpetrated on them. Jaye is somewhat easier to understand, since he had no choices in what happened to him.

It was
Brandon Shire
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I kept coming back to it for more. More! More!
That should tell you something. :)
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

For Alaskan State Trooper Dixon Rowe his whole life changed when he was called to a robbery at a local store. The fact that there was a robbery at all was unusual but when Dixon sets his eyes on Jaye Larson his life will never be the same again. Jaye was stealing food so he wouldn’t starve, he really is at an all time low, but instead of Dixon arresting the young man he purchases the stolen groceries for him and takes him home.

Jaye’s life, like the area in Alaska
Joyfully Jay
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crissy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Holy. Hell. This book is a torrent of emotion and drama. Goodness. Dixon and Jaye are put through the ringer in this story. It’s dark and gritty and ugly. There are parts—I’m not gonna lie—where I cringed. And it takes a lot to make me cringe. But I kept coming back for more because I just had to know. That’s what this book is. It’s crack. Frustrating, emotional, holy-mother-of-god crack.

I’m not even sure where to start, so I’ll go with the first thing that comes
Arlyn
This was an incredibly intense reading experience for me. This book contained much darker subject matter than I typically seek out. I don't like things that upset me and books are no exception. However, if enduring the emotional turmoil evoked by a book's content is rewarded with a meaningful cathartic release at the end, then that book is a gift. This was such a book.

The author pulls no punches in her explicit depictions of the past horrors that were inflicted upon Dixon and Jaye. Mercifully, t
Theresa
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
DNF. Didn't care to keep reading. At first look, Jaye appeared to be the MC that was the most messed up. But Dixon was a bully-victim and I didn't like him. Yes, he had a soft heart and helped others. Yes, he allowed himself to be bullied by Marcus. He stayed with him too long, got worn down and didn't have the strength to break up with him. But conversely, Dixon turned around and bullied Jaye. He even bullied his fuck buddy Sacha. Jaye with all of his mental issues, was actually the stronger of ...more
Trio
Lynn Kelling is so amazing, she develops her characters to such an intense level I just get so absorbed in their stories. My heart was breaking for Dix, there was so much to him... there was the tough cop persona but his tender, vulnerable side was so desperate and engaging. He was one of those characters that just grab me, Kelling does those guys so well. Just a beautiful story, perfectly written.
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
This was good. I really shouldn't add gifs, but I kept picturing Jake Bass.

It should have warnings about rape triggers. It wouldn't have slowed me down, but it if you have issue with that, this might not be the book for you. I enjoyed the story.
Paul
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
I don't quite know what to say about this yet. It was a great read though
Christi Snow
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review:
If you've never read Lynn Kelling before, then you need a little warning. Her writing is not for the faint of heart. It's gritty and erotic and definitely pushes the envelope. There are always moments when I'm reading her books where I'm just not quite comfortable with what I'm reading, but I can't look away. This book definitely had a few of those moments with these two very wounded men.

Jaye has a tragic, horrible story. When he was 19, he was attacked, tortured, and raped by two men
  • Subjection (Demoted, #1)
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • Exodus (The House of Silence, #1)
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything #1-7)
  • Two Steps Back
  • Fallout
  • Strain (Strain, #1)
  • Counterpunch (Belonging, #2)
  • First Contact
  • Manipulation  (Prince of the City #3)
  • Better the Devil You Know
  • Schadenfreude
  • Crucial Lessons (Brothers LaFon, #1)
  • City Knight: Working It (City Knight #1)
  • Breaking Jade (A Companion Book to The Fallocaust Series, #1)
  • Safeword (Power Exchange, #2)
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
Lynn Kelling began writing in order to tell stories that aren’t afraid of the dark, don’t hold anything back and always strive to be memorable, forging lasting attachments between character and reader. Her inspiration comes from taking a closer look at behaviors and ideas lurking at the fringes of life—basically anything that people may hesitate to speak of in mixed company, but everyone wonders a ...more

Arctic Absolution (3 books)
  • Caged Jaye (Arctic Absolution, #.50)
  • Arctic Restitution (Arctic Absolution, #2)
“Dixon never forgot it, how young Jaye Larson looked, whispering his horrors as the breath fogged from his soft lips.” 2 likes
“Good god, Jaye was so angry. Dixon” 2 likes