Start by marking “My Brother's Lover (Twin Ties #1)” as Want to Read:
My Brother's Lover (Twin Ties #1)

My Brother's Lover

(Twin Ties #1)

Growing up gay in a small town with no mother, Evan Savage learned the hard way to cherish his secrets above all else. Now he's 18, not even his father can hurt him anymore. When his long-lost twin brother Brennan shows up out of nowhere looking for a new home, Evan's world, and his very identity, comes crashing down around him all over again. Brennan treats nothing as sac ...more
Published February 4th 2014 by Fantastic Fiction Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Brother's Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Brother's Lover

☆ Todd
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it

This story is about of two sets of identical twins, each finding love with an opposite-pair twin, along with the (sometimes-sexual) relationship with their own twin.

(Sorry, couldn't resist that pic.) : )

For me, that description alone is an equation for all kinds of hotness right there, but...

I never really thought I'd be saying this, but my feelings toward the story are a bit ambivalent.

The story of Evan and Alek, then Brennan and Luka meeting and becoming committed felt a bit insta-love'ish to me, but not in an overly-believable way.

I would've preferred(Sorry,()
Judith
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-m-m
***HOLY HELL,M/M EROTICA AT IT'S BEST!!***

Story of 2 sets of twins falling in love...
EVAN & BRENNAN

ALEK & LUKA

Evan and Brennan ,are 18, they were separated at birth when their parents split up and have just been reunited when their mother who Brennan lived with died.They are both troubled...Brennan devastated due to their mother's death, Evan seems to have been 'lost' all his life...

Alek and Luka,are 25, also are troubled...they never received love from their mother and as a result have unconditional love for each other....whlove...
Lyn
I love a good taboo story, and I can understand the appeal of this book. I’ll admit I was just expecting fluff and sex. I wasn’t expecting it to be an emotional read. For me it was, and the sadness I felt outweighed any enjoyment of the sexy times.

I couldn’t get passed:

Brennan and Evan being separated at birth and how badly it affected Evan. Living his life and not understanding why he didn’t feel whole…like a piece of him was missing.

What Alek did to Luka. Even if he was remorseful and Luka
Jan

****4 Stars****

This was one of the most indecent stories I have ever read. It was exactly what I was in a mood for. Such a guilty pleasure!

Such a sweethearts!

It went deep in what is not acceptable in our society: love between brothers.

By “deep” I don’t mean the author dissected this matter psychologically. No, the “deep” is to be read as down to the dirty action.

Sex, lots of hot sex, with a storyline behind it. So, if you are in a mood for hot – because it was to the T and stretching your boundaries with a forbidden re
Debra
I was going to dip my toe in the brocest pool but figured why not jump all the way in with some double twincest. I am so glad that I chose this book to start with. While the subject is taboo and could have been played strictly for titillation, Lynn Kelling has written a story that explores the characters with such depth and emotion, I could feel the deep need each of them had to be loved by the person that completes them, both physically and emotionally.

Identical twins Evan and Brenn
Kristie
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I stayed home today so I could lay in bed and read this book... and start the next. The fact that I've not eaten more than a piece of toast should tell you where I'm at.

I just finished and am heating up a crappy microwave meal so I can move on quickly to the next book...

maybe I'll shower first.

maybe I won't.

maybe I'll nap because I can hardly see the screen as I'm typing.

good think I can type well.

my eyes are so blurry, glasses won't help.

good t
Kazza
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Obviously twincest books are not for everyone, so the best advice I can throw out there for anyone thinking about delving into My Brother's Lover is know your limits before doing so.

This is without a doubt my favourite twincest book. Because it's plenty sexy, it really is hot, but it also has a building storyline. The story is fairly rooted in the whole psychological twin- bond thing. Evan gets to meet and know his twin brother, Brennan, for the first time when they are eighteen. Acrimonious separati
Jaime
I should have read the blurb better. This was sex. More Sex. Incest Sex. More Sex. Some story. More Sex. The big Shabang. The end. Story wise, way too many assumptions have to be made due to a lack of content or time jumps. serious issues skimmed over. Did I mention all the sex? This book should have been called - Sex With My Twin and His boyfriends Twin Brother
Jewel
3.5 Stars

Ok, this book definitely won't be for everyone. Twincest is rather taboo, of course, so if that's a limit for you, do yourself a favor and keep on walking. If twincest trips your trigger, however, I can definitely recommend this one.

Hot doesn't even come close to describing the sex in this book. But there is story and character development too. Lynn Kelling does a really good job at portraying damaged characters. And, though the story isn't really believable, I was able to suspend
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Lisa
Well this was certainly everything I was told it was. Very hot, but it's also got a great underlying story line and I totally fell in love with Evan, a very broken young man.

When Evan's twin brother shows up, a brother he never knew he had, it sets a chain reaction in place that ultimately leads to Evan finally healing from the past. He always knew there was something wrong with him, something missing and had even tried to commit suicide in his early teens in an effort to end the uncomfortabili
Silkeeeeeereads
Older twin brothers, Alex and Luca fall in love/lust with twin brothers, Brennan and Evan. Brennan and Evan had been raised separate, one by their mother and one by their father, and didn't even know each other existed. Then the mother dies and Brennan moves in with his newly found twin brother and the insistence of their dad. Now they knew what was missing in their souls. Each meets the older twin brothers and let the sex begin. So yeah, basically hot, incestual sex with a plot. Alex just pisse ...more
Chris
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Well this was interesting ! Wasn't sure about this taboo story but I must say the way it was written made the whole story plausible and easy. In the end I was happy with the bubble that these four men could created - they clearly fell hard for each other and seemed to understand and accept the twin bonds. While the "I love you's " came pretty quick, I was glad that both brothers began to find peace.... of course issues loom ahead but for now they are happy enough.
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
By FAR the best twincest/incest book I've ever read. Nothing about the relationship between either of the sets of twins ever felt dirty. Just read this and book 2 back to back in one day (at home recovering from surgery, don't judge!) 5 very big stars!!
Ami
I put it off for so long because it didn't want to be let down. It seemed like a tall order: Incest, twincest, mmm, mmmm.... that's the dream right? Maybe it's just my dream.
All I can say is I'm so happy. This was epically entertaining and sexy as fuck. I started it last night and thought about it all day, couldn't wait to get back to it.
I love this book. I can see why others might not love it like I do but this may as well have been written just for me.
This is the funny thing, possible objec
A.M. Arthur
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, m-m, menage
Soooooo.....I have to admit, I never in a million years thought I would willingly read a book about twincest. I don't even like the idea of step-brother romances, and they aren't even related! But I recently discovered Lynn Kelling's books, and I kind of fell in love with her ability to write deeply flawed, damaged, but still incredibly relatable heroes. And drama and danger and tension and supportive, loving relationships. And she isn't afraid to do really terrible things to her characters and ...more
Ula'ndi Hart
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ula'ndi by: Todd
Shelves: twins-brothers, lgbtq
Overall book rating: 4.5 H.O.T Twin Stars
Audio book rating: N/A
Book cover: 1 Sorry but I hate it. It's bland

Rest of the review to follow. But I loved the book!
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 extremely TABOO stars.

I'm not entirely sure how to review this novel for several reasons: I want the reader to be surprised, so I don't want to give a rundown. I'm not sure how to put my thoughts into words. & because of its very taboo subject matter, it is difficult to put into words.

Little bit of background on how I got my hands on this title. (not really a spoiler, just in case you don't give a hoot(view spoiler)

This book isn't for the faint of heart. Aside from the double mint twins (double your pleasure, double your fun) x 2. Yes, TWO sets of identical twins! There is some deep subject matter just lurking beneath the surface. Subjects that make a reader experience the intense feels. While this looks like the taboo-ist of the taboo, filled with hedonistic sex, there is a lot of depth.

I liked the fact that it wasn't entirely predictable. The character traits of specific twins contradicted what I was expecting. Like the initial narrator seemed like a burly, gruff man, but he turned out to be an emotional, shy, introvert virgin who wasn't a big guy at all. His counterpart, who seemed to be the epitome of a twink, turned out to be the alpha of the pair. With the big twins, the hero is actually the emotionally corrupt one and the happy-go-lucky counterpart is wounded yet more emotionally stable than all of them. (I found Luka to be the most stable) <-- none of this makes sense to someone who hasn't read the book. So just read the book ;)

Hey, I warned it was a difficult book to review since I refuse to give the plot away. But...

So, the story is about two pairs of twins who are dating, amongst other naughty shenanigans. But there is a third romance thread with a pair of roommates of the oldest, bigger twins. I really enjoyed this thread, and it made me hunger for more.

Now, I don't need to tell you the sex was surface of the Sun hot, as that is beyond obvious. I was squirming around. There were times in the beginning of the book I was covering my face and whimpering, "Oh, my God!" during their initial meetings, and especially when one set of new lovers met their identical counterparts. "Oh, my God!"

I was blushing for them, I tell you!

One of my biggest issues with books is insta-anything. Albeit love, lust, or infatuation. & there was some hot and heavy insta-lust, followed by a hefty dose of insta-love going on in this story. But I was able to overlook it, forgive it, and continue on without mentally complaining the entire way through. (Yes, I am a PitA of reader/reviewer) So that should tell you how into the story I was to not care.

Now, I'm a certified pervert. A total hedonist deviant. I eat this type of story for breakfast (which is why I specifically hunted for it) But, I wouldn't suggest someone new to this genre to start with this book. It's a genre people tend to get eased into. Multiple incest is a bit more hardcore than most. But it was written in a way that wasn't shocking. You saw it coming a mile away so it shouldn't creep you out too badly, while still getting folks like me off mentally.

Warning: if you're not reading this book for its taboo-ness, then why the hell are you reading reviews for it?

Now, I just read the 1st in the series from page 1 until the end, but I'm not going to dive right into book 2 just yet. I think too much of a good thing is too much. It would desensitize the reader. So I'm going to take a step back and read a few other review books I have queued up, and then hit book 2 after I'm sensitive to the taboo again.

Don Bradshaw
This was a smoking hot double twincest story. Alek and Luka are older twins raised be absentee parents. Luckily, they were there for each other physically and emotionally when they needed it. Evan and Brennan are eighteen year old twins who were split up as babies in an ugly divorce. They grew up feeling the void and it messed them up. Brennan moved in with Evan just recently and the two are trying to figure out how to fit together as twins. Luka and Brennan start dating and Alek and Evan start ...more
Tammy
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Book!!!! Heartfelt strong feelings between two strangers that were twin brothers who were separated from each other when they were infants. This was unique book with quite a twist of in regards to the love the brothers Evan and Brennan had for each other and their boy friends Alek and Luka. Very steamy sexy scenes. :-) Can't wait to read the next book in this series to see how this interesting relationship works out.
Alex
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy, kinky, mmm
I'm conflicted here because in one hand I really was fascinated by this story.
Twins always have been intriguing and captivating for me and I loved how their emotions and feelings really are explained and showed.
It was also REALLY HOT.

description

description

But on the other hand... The I love yous and words of utter devotion are very TOO fast here and it tends to annoy me when that happens.
Then again, we are dealing with twins and I can't imagine how everything must be overwhelming and intense when you were separated from your identical
Macky
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I swear, I've just finished Twin Ties in a state of post coital book bliss with an urge to light a ciggy...and I don't even smoke!!! Omg! I loved, loved, LOVED this story and I'm still not sure how the series has managed to escape my notice for so long.

This certainly ranks way high amongst the hottest books I've ever read but as amazing as the sex was...and believe me it was OFF. THE. CHARTS. fuck hot!... it was the dynamics and intense emotional connection between the main four characters that shone for
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★☆ ~ 4 Stars
Sexy double twincest story/series. Don't see that every day! Starts out simple, Evan eyeing Alek for a bathroom meetup, lost twin Brennan finally meeting his brother, Evan and meeting Luka who ironically enough are also twins.

Not so simple, everyone has secrets that are slowly revealed and attractions to each other. The age gap of seven years between the two sets of twins can and does cause difficulty in some ways but in other ways, Evan and Brennan are older tha
Maggie Simms
I would label this more an erotica book than an mm romance based on the amount of sex vs plot that it contains. Don't get me wrong, it does have a plot but you have to go through pages and pages of smexing before you get bits and pieces of it.

Typically, the insta-love and heaps of sex would have put this one in the DNF pile quickly; however, I wanted to get to the double-twincest bits so I read the whole thing. Twisted mind, eh? :)

It was a nice read. I would recommend it if you don'
Trio
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
oh god that was beautiful. Those guys were amazing - the characters went so deep, so many facets to their personalities. Lynn Kelling just brings them to life. Great story.
Jay
Twins fucking.
Good story.
My kinda book.
Star
Kinda embarrassed that I read this, but I do what I want! *walk of (delicious) shame*
Chris, the Dalek King
Ok, I guess I have to start this review out with saying that the reason I picked up this book was for the smut. Two sets of twins getting it on with each other was exactly what I was looking for and why I chose it. If you do not like twincest, this is not the book for you. The relationship between the twins is a major storyline, so if you don't like it, you should probably look elsewhere for your smutty goodness.

For all that I was just looking for a hot read, I was actually surprised
Jacki
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through Wicked Reads.

What a sexy, naughty, emotional roller coaster!!

I really enjoyed this book. I don't think I put it down until I had finished it. I don't want to give away the plot, so I won't go too much into detail for this review. From the cover, I wasn't expecting what was inside, but with this type of book, a cover would be hard to fit. Do not judge this one by it's cover.

First off, this is a very taboo storyline. It isn't for
Nic
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What makes this book interesting are the complex relationships between the characters.

The twincest element is also interesting in how very different it is for each of the couples.

Evan and Brennan are identical twins who didn't know the other existed until recently. They are both hurt and grieving and alone. Although they have felt that part of themselves has been missing (for Evan this had traumatic repercussions), they have no history together, no 'brotherly' experience
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Breakdown (Don't..., #3)
  • Going Home
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Two Point Conversion
  • Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3)
  • Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1)
  • Braided (A Velvet Glove Novel)
  • Under Contract
  • Exodus (The House of Silence, #1)
  • Hooch & Cake (Special Delivery, #1.5)
  • Stealing Innocents
  • More Fun With Dick And Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #2)
  • Down and Dirty
  • The Wild Side of Paddy McGuire (Tales from the Wild Side)
  • House of Theoden: Season Two Complete Boxset (The New Haven Series)
  • The Rise of Alec Caldwell: Volume One (The Rise of Alec Caldwell, #1)
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
Lynn Kelling began writing in order to tell stories that aren’t afraid of the dark, don’t hold anything back and always strive to be memorable, forging lasting attachments between character and reader. Her inspiration comes from taking a closer look at behaviors and ideas lurking at the fringes of life—basically anything that people may hesitate to speak of in mixed company, but everyone wonders a ...more

Twin Ties (3 books)
  • Dual Affairs (Twin Ties #2)
  • Double Heat (Twin Ties #3)