Start by marking “The Book of Nepharid (The Never-Born, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Book of Nepharid (The Never-Born, #1)

The Book of Nepharid (The Never-born #1)

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  15 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Gaelan No-Blood doesn’t want to grow up. It wasn’t too long ago that he had a comfortable life. He had a girl who seemed to care about him – never mind that she was a princess and heir to her House – and a place among the people of the Twin Citadel as apprentice to the most powerful wizard in Terah.

But life moves on. The princess has become leader of the celibate Unicorn R
ebook
Published August 12th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Nepharid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Nepharid

A.E. Dark
I read a lot of fantasy, so upon finishing the book I can honestly say it passed the test and I’d want to read the sequel.

To summarise the plot without spoiling it, this book follows the young hero Gaelan No-Blood who is apprentice to the Protector of Terah (a powerful wizard essentially), but Gaelan can’t cast any magic. Nevertheless the city of Germinus they live in is attacked and so they set off with the unicorn rider, Ariel, to save the day.

The dichotomy of pace versus description when deal
Wendy
Nov 28, 2014 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Wendy by: Goodreads giveaways
"The Book of Nepharid: The Never -Born" which I won through Goodreads Giveaways is a blend of high fantasy, mystery and adventure that starts with Galen No-Blood the inept apprentice to Magus Ulrich the Protector of the land of Terah and its immortal rulers. When the power-hungry, vengeful sorcerer Stormhand and his ogre army wage war on the City of Geminus and the magical book of spells authored by the rebellious wizard Nepharid is stolen, Galen, his mentor and their companions begin a quest to ...more
Floryie
May 07, 2015 Floryie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a free copy from the author for an honest review *

The one thing I wondered about, on finishing the book was its ratings and reviews on Goodreads. Oh, I know what you are thinking. And no, I didn't mean it in a negative manner. I was surprised that it has very few reviews considering it's a good fantasy book to get lost in.

The book cover is eye catching and goes well with the plot. The way N in Nepharid is written as a sigil adds a little bit of character to the image. The blurb is ve
Patricia Eddy
Aug 27, 2013 Patricia Eddy rated it it was amazing
This is a rich fantasy world and an excellent story of coming into your own. The main protagonist, Gaelen, is an apprentice Magus (a wizard basically) but he has no magic within him. In the alternate world that we're in for the first 60% of the book, he is lost and unsure of himself because he can't believe enough (or do enough) to help his mentor save the world.

The antagonist, Stormhand, has stolen a book. The book of Nepharid. He takes it to Earth (our earth) in the 21st century.

Any more inf
Tony Duxbury
May 02, 2015 Tony Duxbury rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this a very enjoyable book. It's a story of betrayal, tragedy and good old fashioned romance. The characters were well defined and believable. I liked the way it moves from the fantasy world of the main characters to our modern day world. There are characters and other things that aren't explained,but as this is a series I am sure all will be revealled in future books.
Debra Askanase
Apr 19, 2015 Debra Askanase rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Free Kindle book that I found when searching "free Kindle book unicorn dragon." It's not written beautifully but I did find it compelling. I'm a bit tired of the protagonist who never knows his/her heritage and must find his/her own power type of fantasy novel, but it was a fun read. I'm on to the next one.
Reddit Reviewer
Aug 02, 2014 Reddit Reviewer rated it it was amazing
Top notch fantasy novel. The writing isn't superb, but the story is totally unique and really refreshing for a genre that lacks refreshing. Great characters, and good pacing, well worth a read.

As seen on: /r/selfpublish
Heather Fairchild
Sep 29, 2013 Heather Fairchild rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of fantasy books. I am pretty discerning about what is good and what is mediocre. I can tell you with confidence that this book is REALLY GOOD. It is original and well developed.

I love the main characters and cannot get enough of Those-Who-Serve (powerful creatures bonded to select humans). When I find myself analyzing characters and predicting their future decisions, an author has done well.
Erik Stringer-lund
Mar 30, 2014 Erik Stringer-lund rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book immensely. Marsden does a great job of attaching you, the reader, to his characters. I found that I liked this book a lot more than I did his Legacy of Shatara, although I really enjoyed that one as well. Character depth, good story line, I would recommend this book to any of my friends.
Rashaun
Dec 21, 2015 Rashaun rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it. I will definately be reading the rest of the series.
Fee Roberts
Fee Roberts marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
William
William marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
ShadesofWayya
ShadesofWayya marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Henricus De Vos
Henricus De Vos marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Tara Blake
Tara Blake marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Victoria Dattilo
Victoria Dattilo marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Wanda Sleeper
Wanda Sleeper marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Denae Christine
Denae Christine marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
John C Gramling
John C Gramling is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2015
Natali Smith
Natali Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Gloria
Gloria added it
Sep 21, 2015
Guesswhat
Guesswhat marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Rion Anthony
Rion Anthony marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Kristianne
Kristianne marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
kariny
kariny marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
CoreyAna
CoreyAna marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Riley Westbrook
Riley Westbrook marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
rick brennan
rick brennan is currently reading it
May 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
As a kid, I read fantasy novels to escape from the darkness of real life. I must have gone to those places to live, because, as I grew up, I found that I could only find myself in the fantastic worlds of my imagination.

I explore these worlds. Telling you about them -- writing about them -- takes me to the only place where I can be who I really am. Reading them will take you to new worlds where yo
More about Nick Marsden...

The Never-born (3 books)
  • The Unicorn Rider (The Never-Born, #2)
  • The Lich War (The Never-Born, #3)