Start by marking “Just Like In the Movies” as Want to Read:
Just Like In the Movies

Just Like In the Movies

3.08  ·  Rating details ·  147 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
All Bailey wants is to be a good negotiator, and to impress his boss and teacher, the legendary Drew Fletcher. He admires Fletcher for his skills in the field, but that doesn’t stop him admiring the man for other, more romantic reasons as well. In a tense hostage situation, it’s pretty unlikely Bailey’s usual, rash behaviour will cover him in glory, but in his dreams, it’s ...more
ebook, 2nd Edition
Published August 19th 2012 by JMS Books LLC (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Just Like In the Movies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Like In the Movies

Mandy*reads obsessively*
I liked Bailey the "voice" of this very short story, he's funny , but I really really wish this was longer or that there was actually a story about him and his mentor, this felt more like a teaser.
Jordan Price
This short-short is superbly crafted, setting the scene immediately, and setting the tone as well: a wry wit that's a bit absurd and a bit black. I particularly enjoy the way the narrator's cliche fantasy butts up against the grittier (and ultimately more engaging) reality.
Neil Plakcy
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quick, fun story by one of my favorite MM authors.
Jay
Jan 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Review is up on my blog ----> http://goo.gl/ElJQZd
Tailtiu
Aug 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: free
2,5* upgrade for being free.
Coty
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Well crafted and Humorous. This short, short story has potential if the author decides to make it a full story. In its present form it is more like a scene with the important parts missing.
Jace
Dec 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fictionwise
Very short story
Lala Albert
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I usually try to stay away from stories this short because you can't develop much in this page length. It was well written, but I didn't really get a feel for the characters at all because of the length.
Javiera Hernández
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Elizabetta
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grh

I found this confusing, was it a movie, a daydream...? What is Bailey doing daydreaming while he’s on a very dangerous job? Oh, he get’s shot while on the job... because he’s a loose cannon/risk taker, paying too much attention to his crush/co-worker, Fletcher; so he gets shot, and has a daydream about Fletcher and then flirting ensues. This is trying to be mad-cap screw-ball comedy I guess. It didn’t make me chuckle and it reads like a chapter lifted out of a book. The premise is jus
Donna
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet short read. Loved how Bailey was comparing what happened to him as it would have in the movies.
Stevie Carroll
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fun little lunchtime read that provided exactly what the blurb promised.
Loveeac

Shelves: gay-romance
Bland.
Agnes
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A lovely, funny short about two police negotiators. I usually dislike first person POV, but it works well in this one. The narrative's entertaining and made me enjoy the story all the more.
Anke
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Well, this story was - short. Nice, but short :)
Sadonna
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf, free, mm, contemporary
An OK very short story. For whatever reason, I didn't really care about these characters. Perhaps it is the short length, but I didn't connect with this story.
Jenny Q
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
cute and light read~
Irissska
Dec 04, 2012 rated it liked it
3,5. that was funny. :-)
Bobby Corry
I didn't understand the story at all. Thank goodness it was short.
Usagi Tsukino

*downloaded free on ARE
Chris
Jun 26, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2010, owned, ebook
For some reason, this short m/m romance second about two hostage negotiators never fully engaged me – maybe it was the somewhat reserved first person narrative?
Addicted2M/M
2.5 Love the wry tone. Very short.
Silverin
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: short-stories
As the title says, it's a very short scene just like in the movies!
melek
Very short not sure what it was about, funny though bailey gets shot but he picture it like the movies but didnt turn out to be like one. And his boss was very angry about how things played out.
Janie
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Very funny and cute short story.
BookLover62
Mar 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, read-in-2014
Engaging little short, hope to find more titles with these two characters.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Kevin's Stories: Volume 2: The Christmas Edition (Car Wash, #1.2)
  • First Kiss
  • Black Box (Turbulence, #5)
  • Finding Fire, Flesh and Blood, and The Loka Legends Sketchbook (Loka Legends)
  • Playing Doctor  (Catalyst, #1.5)
  • Getting It Right (Life Lessons, #1.8)
  • A Magnetic Couple Dilemma
  • Tea and Crumpet
  • Steamy (The Marriage Groups #1.5)
  • Good Breeding
  • Love in the Library
  • Freedom's Souvenir
  • Peter and the Wolf
  • Pineapples & Chocolate
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while f ...more
More about Clare London...