Start by marking “On the Verge (Sisters Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
On the Verge (Sisters Series, #3)

On the Verge

(Sisters Series #3)

Interior decorator Valentine Taylor loves three things: her fiancé, her seven-year-old-son and houses with character. Soon after she marries Nathan, a man who hopes to be as good a father as he is husband, he falls down a flight of stairs and injures his head. As Nathan recovers physically, it becomes apparent that he is no longer the same man.

He buys her a 1920's Spanish
Published July 29th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about On the Verge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Verge

RedRedtheycallmeRed
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Kari Beh
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great end to the 3 book series.
Barbara Hackel
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Val comes with the baggage of a seven year old son, yet reconnects and marries one of the sweetest men (Nathan) that she has known from high school after a very brief courtship. It seems he is patient and ready to become the father to her son Chip. Before the couple can even go on their honeymoon they are summoned to school by Chip's teacher. Chip, in danger of flunking first grade, will not read. Although both Val and Chip have worked with him on spelling and reading every day, simply no progre ...more
Lynne
It was easy to want to read On the Verge when I read the synopsis. I love love love books about houses (spooky, old, haunted, etc.) and I'm interested in interior decorating as well.

Things are (almost) perfect in Val Taylors life, and she's reasonably happy. She is a great mom to her little boy, Chip and newlywed wife to a equally great guy, Nathan. She's successful in her career as an interior decorator as well as being there for her best friend, Joely -who suffers with lupus.

The main story fo
Melodie
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from Karen Lenfestey! It is easy to identify with Val, a young woman in her thirties,engaged to a great guy,she has a seven year old son and a job she loves as an interior designer. She dreams of owning her own design studio someday and is sure that once married, living on Easy Street won't be far off.
But plans are easier made than executed, and she finds herself wondering how things could go so wrong so fast.Wedded bliss is fleeting as her husband falls and suffers a head
Anna
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
On The Verge is a sad story that has a happy ending. It makes you think about what you have and learn to appreciate it. Life could easily change at any moment.
Lynn Mcclelland
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This well-written book, which I thoroughly enjoyed, presented realism that most of us have probably not experienced, allowing us to put ourselves in an unfamiliar situation and ponder what we would do. It was not your standard 'chick lit' ... but rather an in-depth search for the true meaning of the marriage vows. Are they still to be honored if your partner is no longer the person you married due to a head injury? Val must seriously consider this, identifying her feelings for a man who is so go ...more
Donna
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
E-book. Ok
Tracy
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happened to Bobby?

This was the 3rd book in a series, all three were great reads... I recommend reading them all in order and I hope there are more to come in this series... I'm left wondering what happened to Bobby.... but would like to hear more about the New characters in this book, Val, Nathan, and Chip.
well worth the purchase and as a fibromyalgia warrior, I can so relate to the character Joely....
Linda Stock
I didn't care for it. Can't explain why - it just bothered me and I was uncomfortable with it - did not enjoy it.
Barbara
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

This book shows realistically what is meant when we take our wedding vows of "in sickness and in health" seriously. Marriage is not just about being in love but encouraging and forgiving one another. Some days it is easy and some days, it is hard. I loved this book.
Lee Book Lady
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the story! It was real and down to earth. I would not hesitate to recommend to any of my friends.

It was written in good taste which I appreciated. Nice to see the author attended Purdue, as well as several of our family members!
Helen Pickering
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On the verge

I would recommend this book to anyone who love second chances a good love story with lots of challenges loved the book
Annie Burrows
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-romances
I found this book so gripping I could hardly put it down. Warning - there was an extract of another book in the back matter that was also so gripping I just had to buy it! So don't start reading it unless you want to get hooked.
Don Miller
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
On the Verge is Lenfestey's best work yet. I like the characters. Val is smart and fun but plagued with a bent for taking the easy way out, always finding a rationalization to justify the more pleasurable choice. Nathan's personality changes and adjustment difficulties caused by a head injury fit well with real life experiences I've been close to. Val's six-year-old dyslexic son, Chip, complicates the difficulties Nathan and Val face after their new marriage is recolored by the pre-honeymoon bra ...more
Melissa
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful end to the series
Mary Asbury
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book

I was. Looking for a different kind off book to read. I love mysteries and thrillers. I saw this book and I thought that I would give it a try. I absolutely loved it
Kathy Marsh
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful read.

I really enjoyed reading this final book in the series. I wish that there would have been more of Kate in this final book of the series, but overall it was truly was a great read.
Donna Riegel
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the whole series of sisters and this book did not let me down.
Good book about loving and forgiving.
Sue McGuire
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good but predictable!

Good book to read, kind of slow at times, but very predictable! Read all three books in the series! Entertaining!
Rhonda
Jan 26, 2016
Kellie Pimienta
Aug 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Making Connections: 611. ON THE VERGE by Karen Lenfestey 1 15 Oct 15, 2012 09:58AM
  • The Gemini Divergence
  • The Gift (Book 1)
  • The Twenty (Barronlands Trilogy, #1)
  • Overexposed
  • Suicide Squeeze (The Fourth Outfielder Series, #1)
  • Just Add Magic
  • The Dragon Sisters (The Dragon Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • The House in the Old Wood (The Day Magic Died, #1)
  • The Bone Garden
  • A Storm Hits Valparaiso
  • Fluffy, Funny, and Fabulous: A Tale of Five Sisters
  • The Dream You Make
  • Forever ME
  • Four Rubbings (The Stone Witch #1)
  • The Pentrals (The Pentrals, #1)
  • Hope's Betrayal (The Huntley Trilogy #2)
  • What Matters Most (Memory House Collection)
  • Obitchuary
Karen Lenfestey, a Midwest Writer’s Fellowship winner, writes “happy endings with a twist.”

Karen has a B.A. in Advertising from Purdue University and a M.S. in Counseling from Indiana University. She is active on Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter and on her website, www.karensnovels.com.

To be the 1st notified of new releases and giveaways, sign up on www.karensnovels.com.

Sisters Series (3 books)
  • A Sister's Promise (Sisters Series, #1)
  • What Happiness Looks Like (Sisters Series, #2)