Start by marking “Mouthwatering Vegan: Over 150 Recipes for Vegan, Vegetarians (and Even Carnivores) to Enjoy” as Want to Read:

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
From the successful blog, mouthwateringvegan.com, comes over 150 incredible recipes to showcase how accessible, varied, delicious and nutritious vegan eating can be.
     In this book you'll find recipes for your favourite comfort foods in all their vegan glory. Here are meat-free, egg-free and dairy-free recipes that combine the idea of eating healthily, with food that is
Published May 7th 2013 by Appetite by Random House (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Mouthwatering Vegan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mouthwatering Vegan

Don
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This cookbook is an offshoot of a popular black Mouthwatering Vegan. It is a real good blog worth checking out.

She starts with a nice introduction about her own personal journey to veganism, vegan nutrition and what a vegan pantry looks like. She has eight chapters including breakfast/brunch foods (will definitely be trying the tofu scramble), appetizers and sides (never met a hummus recipe I didn't like), soups, pasta, main dishes, desserts and cheeses.

Many of the recipes reflect her Greek he
Deb
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This really is a cook book worth buying. There is a raft of cooking books available so finding a good one that isn't just pretty pictures isn't always easy. I'm so pleased I went to the bother of sending to the UK for it - totally worth it - not just your regular repetitious old beans and pulses.

Although we aren't into making meat substitutes there's a great array of recipes of which I've made numerous from casseroles, curries, vegan cheese to chocolate cake and everything has 100% successful a
Aryne Hornsby
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really think this cookbook ( and the blog it comes from) are great! The cookbook gives ethnic dishes a bit of a showcase and is FULL of photos! The foods presented are savory, hearty dishes that nurture the body without being too unfamiliar or relying on specialized ingredients that are hard to obtain. The author gives short quips about the recipes, making them personalized, and you can see how passionate she is. The book is also quite substantial and thick, giving lots of options and making v ...more
September Dee
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read cookbooks like a read novels. This one does have very tempting recipes. The photos are enough to get you into the kitchen to try some. I'm not a fan of soy products and there are quite a few recipes that require tofu. My major peeve it that most recipes require a huge list of ingredients and the instructions while clear, are also lengthy.
Penny
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Written with a Greek/British slant, there are plenty of gorgeous photos and recipes to satisfy American vegans.
There is a whole chapter devoted to curries--and an intriguing assortment of veggie burger recipes that look delicious.
Nora
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking, nonfiction
The recipes in this book use a lot of replacement (fake)foods--meats, cheeses, tofu, etc. I lean more towards a whole foods approach, so this didn't really interest me. If it works for you, this is probably a good book--some of the recipes even caught my eye at first.
Feb 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Found these recipes a little more finicky than I like, and they relied more heavily on store-bought vegan meat and cheese substitutes than I prefer. Otherwise the recipes looked and sounded delicious, but I doubt I'd make many, for the above reasons.
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recipes are great. Pictures are beautiful. Directions are clear. My only critique is that some of the recipes are pretty time consuming.
Morgan
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-books
Peacakes look yummy.
Lindsey
Sep 05, 2013 marked it as not-interested
I have a personal issue with the author and will not be using or buying this book, even though I buy and love almost every new vegan cookbook that comes out.
Marie
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best vegan Tava in the world!!!!
Andie MacLean
Amanda May
Dec 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Vegan Cooking & C...: Mouthwatering Vegan 20 39 Mar 22, 2015 06:38PM
Miriam Sorrell is the blogger behind mouthwateringvegan.com. She is a natural health practitioner and vegan chef. Originally from the UK, she currently lives in Malta with her husband and daughter.
More about Miriam Sorrell