Start by marking “Three Little Words (Fool's Gold, #12)” as Want to Read:
Three Little Words (Fool's Gold, #12)

Three Little Words

(Fool's Gold #12)

Can first love turn into the real deal in a sizzling new Fool's Gold story from New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery?

Isabel Beebe thinks she's cursed in the romance department. Her teenage crush, Ford Hendrix, ignored all her letters. Her husband left her for another...man. So Isabel has come home to dust off her passion for fashion and run the family bridal sh
Mass Market Paperback, 332 pages
Published July 30th 2013 by Harlequin HQN (first published June 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Three Little Words, please sign up.
Kierstyn Grepke Painter All of the books can kinda be a stand alone. But there will be characters that you don't know. But they usually do a pretty good job of not leaving…moreAll of the books can kinda be a stand alone. But there will be characters that you don't know. But they usually do a pretty good job of not leaving you too confused. (less)

Joana

14 years old Isabel had a huge crush on Ford Hendrix. The thing is, he was her older sister fiance.
When their engagement was and he joined the army, Isabel was crushed but devoted herself to write him letters.
In the course of 10 years, she wrote to him, poured her feeling and what she was experiencing. Since he never wrote back, it worked for her like a diary, where she shared all her fears and dreams.
She finally decided to sop writing him and move on with her life.

A few years later
Becky
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Review also on my blog.

3 1/2 stars.

I always want to like Susan Mallery’s Fool’s Gold books more than I actually do. Don’t get me wrong—the setting is charming, the small-town feel is idyllic, and the characters are fun and quirky. They’re feel-good books, to be sure. I have enjoyed much about these books—obviously, because I keep coming back for more. Lately, though, their “cookie cutter” feel is beginning to overpower their overall charm for me.

They start out with two characters—our hero and he
Lexy
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three little words by Susan Mallory was a cute book even though it was number 12 in a series I still think it was cute and I would like to read more by her.
Dalimar
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gusta ésta serie,aún cuando continúo leyéndola de forma desordenada. Lo cierto es que éste ha sido el más simple de los que he leído, pero me mantuvo con una sonrisa durante toda la lectura.

Quizás le faltara un poco de romance,pero es super tierno. La historia paralela a la principal,fue genial. Ame mucho a Consuelo y me gustó que ela fuera la diferente y la de la carga emocional más pesada.
Susan
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been looking forward to Ford's story and it was definitely worth the wait. Ford has returned to Fool's Gold to run his security business with his friends. After ten years in the military it is a bit of an adjustment. One of the changes he has encountered is his ex-fiancee's little sister - who isn't so little anymore. Isabel used to write to him when he was deployed and even though he never wrote back those letters had been important to him. If anyone can make him believe he can love it's ...more
Anna's Herding Cats
Three Little Words was just what I needed this week. Something that would lift my spirits. That was sweet and heartwarming. That would make me smile and laugh a bit (or really quite a lot) and had some sexy going on. And it definitely gave me all of that. From a fun romantic set up to the crazy town it was a great escape that really made me want to be a part of this little community and group of friends.

I'm gonna go all girly and *squee* but it's a case of "fake mates" that have known each other
Rachel
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5/4 stars!

When Isabel was 14 years old, she fell madly in love with her older sister's fiance, Ford. When Maeve and Ford's too-young romance implodes because Maeve fell in love with his best friend, Ford leaves their small-town and joins the military. He becomes a SEAL and serves in the army for 14 years, leaving behind broken hearted Isabel. Isabel starts writing Ford letters, declaring her love for him, telling him about herself and her life and urging him to stay safe. Ford never responds,
Donna
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I had a really difficult time getting over the "eww" or "ick" factor of: The hero was the 1st lover to the heroine's older sister, now 14 years later he's now sleeping with the younger sister (the heroine). I just thought that was gross. Hence, the "ick" factor.
Once I pushed that to the back of my mind, the story wasn't that bad.
However, I'm not planning on reading anymore of the "Fool's Gold" books. It's a small town. And while it can't be classified as "inbreeding", too many people have slept
Heather
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This might have been my favorite Fool’s Gold story to date. Ford and Isabel have a history. Isabel has loved him from afar for years, when he left town after a broken engagement. She writes him letters – about life, love, and all the good and bad of her growing years. Now it’s years later, and they’re both back in town. She’s licking her wounds, and he’s found success and (unwanted) attention as the town’s hero.

Ford is a fun character. Despite his years in the military (or perhaps because of the
Sandy
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm surprise I didn't find out about Susan Mallory sooner because her books are addicting. I love books that connect to each other and have characters from the other books appear. This could me made into a movie and I would watch it because it is fun and have a bit of sexy to it.
Isabel Carlisle and Ford Hendrix are not what I had expected honestly. I would have thought that Isabel would hate her sister for hurting Ford and well Ford would hate her sister as well for hurting him. From how I read
Tanya
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
CALL THE FOOL'S GOLD FIRE DEPARTMENT! THE PAGES WERE ON FIRE FOR THIS ONE!!!!
The lastest installment of Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold series does not disappoint. Isabel finds herself back home in Fool's Gold, but she insists it's only temporary. The boy she had loved at age fourteen from afar, Ford, has come home too, after a long stint in the military. Their friendship is endearing. Their paths are different but they really care about each other. Ford needs to get his meddling -in a good way- mo
Sara
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely LOVED Ford & Isabel. Their characters had great chemistry, and all the laughs between them made the whole book fly by.
I wasn't a huge fan of Kent and Consuelo's story. Maybe because I wasn't a big fan of Consuelo's character or maybe it had a little something to do with the fact that I was expecting something to happen between Consuelo & Angel. I could've sworn that the last book hinted at it, but I guess I was wrong.
Either way, it made me want to go back & figure out th
Janis
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved how Ford and Isabel pretended to be in Love while Falling in love for real. Also I enjoyed the story of Kent Hendrix and Consuelo Ly falling for each other too. I just wish their mom would let the boys do the romance thing on their own. Denise Hendrix needs a book of her own. I can't wait to read about Taryn and the Football players.
Angela
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I say this each time, but this might be my all time favorite of this series!! I laughed so many times during this story, but there were just as many Awwwww moments, too. Sigh. This series gets better with each book. Amazing!
Wendy Marcus
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely LOVED it!
Chi-Chi
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun and cute, liked them both very much!
Kathi
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: german-books
Der Weisheit letzter Kuss von Susan Mallery ist der zwölfte Teil der Fool's Gold Reihe. Ford Hendrix kommt nach Jahren wieder in die Stadt zurück. Als Ex-Soldat wird er von allen gefeiert und seine Mutter möchte ihn unbedingt verheiraten. Isabel, welche in ihrer Jugend unsterblich in ihn verliebt war, ist sich ihren Gefühlen ihm gegenüber nicht mehr sicher. Schließlich war sie bereits verheiratet und möchte einen Modeladen in New York eröffnen. Doch eines führt zum anderen und alles wird so wie ...more
Jennika
Short, quick, and light hearted romance read. My grandma got this for me for Christmas last year, and I just decided on a whim to pick it up. A lot was predictable, but sometimes I need a read that just makes you feel warm and fuzzy. My OCD was totally screaming at me for starting this series on book twelve though. I'll probably start from the beginning one of these days when I'm in the mood for a quick read again.
Rod
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Okay, the library had this: don't judge me~

My two favorite couples from the series finally get together. Hopefully the live happily ever after:

An X-soldier/sniper/bodyguard and a lady who owns a bridal store.
An X-solder/female secret agent and a guy who's a math teacher (with a teenage son).

Some of this was hilarious and fun.
Monique Pearson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfection x 2

This was the first in the series that brought me to tears. Not just one, but two perfect couples. Looks like the Hendricks clan is all set!
Sylvia
I loved this book!! Great story!! Love this series!! Can't wait to read the next book in the series!! Love this author's books!!
Erin **Coffee, Book, Essential Oils Addict**
All in all this was a pretty good book. It stalled at times, and sometimes I felt like there were too many story lines going at the same time. But I am interested in the rest of the series all the same.
Samantha Brody
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Eh, I thought the hero's angst was kind of flimsy. there was also questionable stereotypes re race & women's sexuality.
Andrea
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2013
Three Little Words hit several romance "sweet spots" with me: Small town setting, a large and interesting cast of characters, and best of all, the long ago, unrequited crush that quickly becomes so much more.

Susan Mallery is an author I've noticed for years, hadn't yet read, but had plans to do so at some point. So when I got the offer to review Three Little Words, my decision was easy. And I know it might seem odd that my first Mallery book is also the twelfth in a series, but the books are com
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Review copy provided via NetGalley

3 stars

Why I Read this Book: Fool’s Gold addict here! I love this small town romance series.

What I Liked: My favorite part of Isabel and Ford’s story were the letters she wrote him while he was away serving in the Navy. The novel starts off with her letters, which I loved because it set the foundation for their story. She wrote him for 10 years, from the time she was 14 years old until she was 24. As Ford got the highlights and lowlights from Isabel’s adolescenc
Vicki
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Isabel has always loved Ford. When he went away to war she wrote him letters for 10 years. He never wrote back. What Isabel doesn't know is how much her letters meant to Ford. How they kept him alive. Now, Isabel and Ford are back in Fool's Gold. Can they be friends or more?

I really enjoyed this story the whole way through. It made me happy and I looked forward to reading it. When I first set out to give it a rating my instinct was to give it 4 stars. But, when I started writing out what I liked
Swanangel15's Book Review
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
First time reading a Susan Mallery book and it was a good start, but it would have been great if I had started from the first book in the "Fool's Gold" series. This book have a type of go with it vibe that I am not used too and I cannot decide if I like it or not, yet. I need more of Susan Mallery's book to come to my own conclusion.

Isabel Beebee (Yes that is her real name) has had the biggest blow to any woman's pride, ever, she turned her husband gay and he left her for another man, dun dun du
☕️Kimberly
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was a little apprehensive going into Three Little Words by Susan Mallery as it is the twelfth book in a series, but just as promised this delightful romance worked perfectly as a standalone. Three word review: small-town, charming, and romantic.

Isabel Carlisle hasn’t had much luck when it comes to romance. As a teen she had a huge crush on Ford Hendrix her sister’s boyfriend. When he joined the military she wrote him letters and he never once responded. Now her husband has left her for another
Rhonda
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

4 STARS

Fool's Gold is a town that has lots of festivals all year round. It is a community that gathers together to help each other in good or bad times. We have met many of the characters in previous books and get to visit and see how they are all doing. Three Little Words is fun full of humor, fun characters, too many detailed sex scenes, enjoyable place to visit and meet new friends and say hello to old friends. It is always good to visit for a good time.

It is finally Ford Hendrix story. We ha
Debbie
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-review
After being on a Bliss book binge and loving them I decided that I was missing out not reading more of the sweeter side of contemporary novels. I wasn't sure what to pick up next and decided to try a Susan Mallery book and loved it!

Being my first Mallery novel I wasn't sure if I could just jump into the Fool's Gold series but that wasn't a problem. I was probably missing some of the background of the relationships between the characters but I still really enjoyed the story.

Isabel was such a swee
Goodreads Librari...: Character name 3 15 Jan 08, 2016 12:42AM
What did you guys think of Consuelo's character? 4 29 Feb 27, 2014 11:53PM
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Forged in Dreams and Magick (Highland Legends, #1)
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)
  • To Sin with a Viking (Forbidden Vikings, #1)
  • The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • Perfect Fling (Serendipity's Finest, #2)
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more

Fool's Gold (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2)
  • Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)
  • Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Only His (Fool's Gold, #6)
  • Summer Days (Fool's Gold, #7)
  • Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)
  • All Summer Long (Fool's Gold, #9)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
“The root of all fears. Not being accepted by those we care about. Being rejected and isolated. It’s a primal fear. As a species, we are meant to be part of a group. A community. We mistrust loners because we don’t understand them. With the exception of our romanticizing the loner in movies and novels, of course.” 3 likes
“I have trouble asking for what I want, especially when it comes to men."
"If you don't ask for what you want, how do you get it?" Felicia asked. "If you're relying on him guessing, you're sabotaging your own happiness.”
1 likes