Start by marking “The Flat Stanley Collection (Four Complete Books)” as Want to Read:
The Flat Stanley Collection (Four Complete Books)

The Flat Stanley Collection (Flat Stanley)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  322 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Stanley Lambchop is an ordinary boy. At least he was, until the night his bulletin board fell off the wall and flattened him. At only half an inch thick, Stanley can slide under doors, mail himself across the country in an envelope, and fly like a kite!

And that's only the start of Stanley's adventures. In these four tales, Stanley also becomes invisible and helps nab some
Published July 31st 2012 by HarperCollins (first published February 18th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Flat Stanley Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flat Stanley Collection

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Dianna Geers for TeensReadToo.com

Stanley is a boy who certainly handles the unexpected. In the first book of this four-book collection, FLAT STANLEY, Stanley is suddenly flattened when a bulletin board lands on him. His worried parents take him to the doctor who says everything is fine. Instead of Stanley being discouraged by his situation, he discovers some perks that come with being flat. He's able to fly like a kite, go to California in an envelope, and even help catch thieves. Ho
Kaylee Warzecha
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Kids thought that this book was hilarious and wanted to read it multiple times. Such a cute story with great pictures.
Jessica Riben
Title Flat Stanley
Author: Jeff Brown
Illustrator: Scott Nash
Genre: Traditional Chapter Book
Theme(s): Family, Adventures, being unique
Opening line/sentence: Breakfast is ready.
Brief Book Summary: After a bulletin board calls on Stanley and he becomes as flat as a board, he is able to do things that he could never do before. He goes on lots of new adventures and enjoys his new body. Later he realizes that he wants to go back to his old body so his brother helps him return to his normal body.
Profe
Margaret Chind
Genre:
Ages 7-10
Pages: Trade Paperback
Date Published: 2014
Publisher: HARPER

Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1) by Jeff Brown Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3) by Jeff Brown Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4) by Jeff Brown Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6) by Jeff Brown
Christina
The original Flat Stanley was a fun read with the kids. They were amused by Stanley's adventures and I had fun reading it to them. However, the other books didn't hold our attention (neither the kids' nor mine) as well. We listened to some of them on tape, and then read the last one, Stanley, Flat Again. They just seemed a bit more contrived and forced. Probably a one-time read for us, but the kids might enjoy them again when they can read the books themselves.
Melanie
Jul 02, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books
We read this entire collection at bedtime with my kids. I remember liking the first book as a child, but re-reading it, and the others in the series was actually a let-down. The plots were odd and I didn't come to love the characters at all. A good, traditional chapter book, however, that my kids enjoyed well-enough.
Theresa
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
The Flat Stanley Collection: Stanley, Flat Again!/Invisible Stanley/Stanley in Space/Flat Stanley
Brown, Jeff
A short story of the miss adventures of a little boy who is flattened and what he can do with the powers and abilities open to him.
Jaquelinne Perez
I thought this book was fun to read. It was also fun to laugh at some of the pictures. I also noticed how much detail he put to the pictures and how he phrased it. I also liked how it taught you how you can always be helpful for everything even if you are flag like Stanley.
Colleen
Aug 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zach thought these books were hilarious as Stanley dealt with the different problems his flat, invisible, gigantic, etc. body faced.
Carterkempgmail.Com
Fine beginning chapter book. A bit dated.
Katherine
Feb 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
My boys and I cheered as soon as we heard the voice and realized it was Daniel Pinkwater! Yay!
Joanne
Mar 03, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-students
It's for students. I learned about it from them. I loved the concept. He likes his predicaments, because they enable him to have adventures inexpensively and safely...I'm all for that!
Yumin
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was very funny
Lauren
Sep 18, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this book back in3rd grade, but do not remember the summary.
Kristin
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While I enjoyed the original Flat Stanley story, I found the rest of them to be rather lame. The entertainment factor seems pretty low to me. The stories are a bit flat, pun unabashedly intended.
Gina Weibel
I like the first the best, but I always like a series to help me keep a book in the kids' hands!
Christina
Cute stories.... but the narrator reads a little too fast for my taste. I'm not sure younger children can follow the entire story.
Kaitlyn Enneper
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My kids at the YMCA loved this book! We read it before we went to the post office and it was a great way to begin to talk about our field trip.
Kara
Nov 30, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-teen, audiobooks
Cuet story.
Poison
Mar 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
cute read it when i was younger!
Katie
  • Our Solar System
  • I Am a Witch's Cat
  • Hillary Rodham Clinton: Some Girls Are Born to Lead
  • Maybelle the Cable Car
  • All Hail the Queen (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #1)
  • Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter: 4 Laugh-Out-Loud Stories! (Horrid Henry)
  • Johnny Appleseed
  • My Visit to the Dinosaurs: Let's Read and Find out Science -2
  • The Fourth of July Story
  • The Hamster of the Baskervilles: A Chet Gecko Mystery
  • What's So Special about Planet Earth?
  • Ben Franklin and the Magic Squares
  • The Enormouse Pearl Heist (Geronimo Stilton, #51)

Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, F
More about Jeff Brown...

Flat Stanley (6 books)
  • Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6)