Start by marking “The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles” as Want to Read:
The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles

The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles

Marianne Williamson is a bestselling author (Return to Love, Healing the Soul of America), a world-renowned teacher, and one of the most important inspirational thinkers of our time. In The Law of Divine Compensation, she reveals the spiritual principles that help us overcome financial stress and unleash the divine power of abundance. A guru to anyone interested in spirituality, Williamson's words ring wit(Return ...more
Published November 27th 2012 by HarperOne

Start your review of The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles
Laurie
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Spiritual growth involves giving up the stories of your past so the universe can write a new one."

I love Marianne Williamson books and this one is no exception.

She reminds me that love is the most important thing and that miracles abound and transcend the laws on time and space.

Her prayers are fabulous--each and every one.

Here is an example:

Dear God,

I surrender to you who I am, what I
have and what I do.
May my life and talents be used
Kate Walker
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a slim but mighty volume filled with spiritual counsel related to matters of work and money. The book cover is a fetching shade of blue with a gold embossed design. The hardback cover underneath the jacket is a dark navy with the same gold accents. I so appreciate when the book designers pay attention to those kind of details. The paper, the typeset, the layout, all of it is very elegant.

The message of the book, as I understand it, is that we should ask ourselves how we can best serve h
Sheryl Valentine
Marianne was a very great teacher for me in my early years with "A course in Miracles". Over the years I have read all of her books, and while I have enjoyed them all in one way or another, this one is one of her better ones, up there with "The Gift of Change".

We can always be reminded of the real "cause" of abundance and security. I also found many of the prayers sprinkled throughout the book to be perfect for me right now.

Here is a favorite:

Dear God,
I surrender t
Shaun
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Contemplating a career change, I recently consulted a career/life coach. She recommended this book after one of our discussions.

So, I'll start by saying that I'm an atheist, non-theist, agnostic (whatever you want to call someone who doesn't subscribe to a particular religion) who leans toward a predetermined universe. This being my starting point, I simply replaced the word God with "wonder and awesomeness of the universe," the word "prayer" with "self reflection and self forgivenes
Colleen Wainwright
No magic in here—clean living, hard work, and keeping it simple are pretty much the "secret" (or "The Secret") ingredients to all success, financial and otherwise. And obviously, no spiritually-based program for living will work without both faith and action, so if you're a non-believer and/or a lazybones, this is not the book for you. No, wait—let me rephrase that: this is SO not the book for you. There are no bulleted chapter summaries, no handy a-b-c recipes for SUCCESS. You will have to ferr ...more
Yelda Basar Moers
Marianne Williamson is a brilliant writer and thinker. I've read many of her books including A Return to Love, The Gift of Change, Illuminata, A Woman's Worth and A Year of Miracles. I am a big fan of her work and even approached A Course in Miracles, the spiritual text that she gets most of her philosophical ideas from, so inspired was I by her writing. Though in the end the Course, I found, to be not only way over my head in its dry and abstract form, written like a legal code, but unrealistic ...more
John
Apr 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Absolutely No One
The moment I opened this book I felt like I had entered a cult. Williamson filled some blank pages flowery, unnecessary, and religious sentences, stamped a beautiful cover on it, and called it a novel. A short tweet, "Think positively and your life will be positive" is the collective sum of all the bestowed wisdom in the book. And yet, even this message is fundamentally flawed.

Seeing the positive side of life and thinking positively are messages I very much agree with. But she seems to believe
Kristen
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This is an uplifting read, but the author really never addresses the concept of accepting God's will or the fact that sometimes to financially struggle is a good thing for spirituality. It leads the reader who IS turning everything over to God, with complete faith and patience, with an optimistic attitude, to feel rather guilty or spiritually inept. My personal belief is that God works in a mysterious way and sometimes financial security alludes even the most faithful. That being said, God does ...more
Tim Larison
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In these difficult economic times Marianne Williamson’s new book, “The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles” is a refreshing reminder that God’s love is the true source of our abundance.

“Finance is just one of many areas where an increasingly obsolete, materially based worldview is proving to be inadequate to the challenges of the times in which we live,” Williamson writes in the preface of her book. The author’s message of God’s unconditional love trumping worldl
Eliza Fayle
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Marianne is a student of The Course of Miracles, so she carries the concepts from the course into this book, but focusing strictly on work and money. This does mean there is a Christian bent to the book, but if this is not what you relate to, you can simply substitute your Loving Energy word of choice. The end result is the same; partnership with something bigger than yourself.

How does this partnership work? Well, the book focuses on two things:

1. Changing from a lack to
HRH
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
I loved, loved, loved a lot of the ideas in this book. I don't normally love this genre so it's taken me a long time to get through it. But I will definitely take some of the ideas on with me. For example, she mentions lining up all the people in your life and going through them one by one and thinking about how they have been brought into your life to learn something or to teach you something or to give you an opportunity. And I've tried to think of that when I meet someone I don't like (becaus ...more
Stephanie Thoma
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended by a friend, this is a nice mindset shift reminder for anyone who’s self-employed, in between things, or in another related seemingly uncertain financial situation.

In line with the law of attraction and lots of mention of “God,” it’s a holistic pocket book reminder of the power of our thoughts. I’ve read other books with a similar message whose presentation I preferred. However, I appreciated the fundamental ideals of harnessing the power of authentic positive thinking.
Les
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Less involved and specific to the topic than I anticipated, but still full of great insight and truth. Felt it was reiteration more than revelation, but could be from reading past works of this ilk. Not a waste of time, though. No small thing in this day and age.
Deborah J.
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a game-changer for this new season! It's a spiritual guide very recommended for the self-employed; and like no other that I've read before. I've started it again! (Something I rarely do.)
Omar Taufik
Another fantastic book by the inspirational author Marianne Williamson

In the preface the author says " If we have a problem in any area—whether relationships, health, money, or anything else—the first place to look for a solution is in the nature of our thinking. This applies to money no more and no less than it applies to anything else."
and then says " Every thought is a cause that produces an effect "

And this is the key to the book's main idea or message .. where although th
Denise
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
I love Marianne's work, and I've read many of her books before, some of them more than once. However I had a hard time getting past the first few pages on this one. And now I know it had nothing to do with neither her writing, nor the subject. It was my own personal resistance to face this issues head on. After a personal crisis regarding work and money last year I finally picked up the book and started reading. And I mean really reading with all my attention and taking the time to digest every ...more
Adrien
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A relatively well-kept secret among my half-atheist family is that I pray (or meditate or whatever you want to call it) all the time. I have experienced the profound transformation that comes from opening up my heart to whatever gifts the universe wants to send my way—after all, the only thing any of us can really “control” is our perspective/attitude and how we organize our behavior accordingly. That being said, I have internalized a lot of self-defeating money beliefs over the years and am in ...more
Rosemarie
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
I love this book and I love Marianne Williamson. I've read some of her books before, including "A Woman's Worth" and "Everyday Grace", and they were wonderful as well.

My intuition has always told me that what she says is right on target. But it may sound strange or odd to people and that's a shame. Her take on Spirituality, which is based on the book "A Course in Miracles", is very postive and so simple - but we humans make life so much more negative and difficult than it has to be.
Mary
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Way too easy to discount this book as pop psychology, new age religion or self-help. I do know that it and Marianne Williamson get characterized under all these labels. But the gentle wisdom here will take your doubts away unless the all-rational world calls you and answers. That world calls me and I've spent much time in it, worthy time, well-spent time, but rarely has rational thought provided answers to living deeply, with emotion, with music, with poetry, with G-d. And I'm Jewish. So no way ...more
Bethany  T
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: personal-growth
I'll be honest, I skipped over certain sections of the book about everyone being in the world but not of the world. It rang to close to me about certain sections of some religions I'm no longer comfortable with. That being said, I found inspiring and relevant points for myself and that I think is useful to those of us who are searching. There were bits and pieces that rang true and I would say read the book and find what rings to true for you and leave the rest.

The book was less about money the
Danni J.
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I assumed this would be another "The Secret" type self help help book. It isn't. If anything it's a book about how to stay focus on your self worth during trying financial set backs. The prayers and chapter on meditation really helped. She also does an excellent job of helping you define or redefine your definition of wealth. She is a lifelong student and STRONG advocate for "A Course in Miracles" so if you don't know what that is or are not interested in spiritual insight coupled with your self ...more
Mynde Mayfield
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, Marianne doesn't disappoint. This book, like Illuminata, I would like to carry around with me or keep on my nightstand, to remind myself of the beautiful peace of mind that is available at all times, through prayer & mediation. For anyone whose been challenged with fearful thoughts about where your next dollar would come from, or whether or not you'll ever find your life's work, this book is a must-read. It's short & sweet and filled with Marianne's incredible gift of prayer; of s ...more
LemontreeLime
Dec 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
After thinking about this for a night, I am changing my rating and review. I don't know what it is about this book, even though I get the gist of many of the points it makes, and i even agree with a few of them... but there is just something about this book that hits me wrong. I didn't enjoy it, i gritted my teeth and soldiered through it. Not the right book for me. I ended up feeling browbeaten and prayed over by it. If you dig that kind of thing, then be my guest.
Dave
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked the book though I did approach it with significant skepticism. It's comments about our attitudes toward money made sense. More important were the discussions surrounding one's self image and self understanding; that each of us is a uniquely gifted child of God with a shared calling to approach relationships and work with love. Not every statement directly reflects biblical theology but there is no malice toward scripture and indeed quite a bit of reinforcement of spiritual realities.
Michelle
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Fantastic read! This book was just what I needed at this point in my life. I have had a lot of negativity creep back into my thoughts and this make me think differently. We have a great ability to influence our day to day thoughts and opportunities in life. The book is filled with small prayers to help you meditate and change your thinking towards your life's work and how you look at money.
Marita Kinney
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Work!!!

This was my second time reading Marianne's work, and it won't be my last. She shared true insight that awakened me. Thank you for your gift of writing Marianne. I'm encouraged!!!!
Erin
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club, 2018
What a great book to remind you of all the ways to be open to the miracles of life around you. This also helps you develop an altered view of abundance. Love the prayers at the end of most chapters to help you become more open to all that is there for you and your life.
Olwen
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Read this book the first time, fairly quickly, and am now returning to read sections as part of my spiritual practice. It's well-written and provided me with lots of insights around my own relationship with abundance.

The book itself is quite small and slim, but densely packed.
Sara
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A brief overview of how to apply spiritual principles to the sometimes complicated issue of money. Looking forward to reading more titles from this author.
Kevin Orth
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read. Any student of A Course in Miracles would find great value and insight consistent with the ACIM awareness. Highly recommend.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles
  • A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
  • May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness
  • It's Easier Than You Think: The Buddhist Way to Happiness
  • The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
  • Signs: The Secret Language of the Universe
  • The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
  • The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level
  • The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life's Perfection
  • Taking the Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears
  • The Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Hidden Power of Your True Self
  • Judgment Detox: Release the Beliefs That Hold You Back from Living A Better Life
  • Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
  • Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • Leveraging the Universe: 7 Steps to Engaging Life's Magic (Abridged)
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
Marianne Williamson is an internationally acclaimed lecturer, activist, and author with six New York Times bestsellers. Her books include Tears to Triumph, A Return to Love, A Year of Miracles, The Law of Divine Compensation, The Gift of Change, The Age of Miracles, Everyday Grace, A Woman's Worth, Illuminata, and A Course in Weight Loss. She has been a popular guest on television programs such as ...more
“Each of us has a unique part to play in the healing of the world.” 1359 likes
“Spiritual growth involves giving up the stories of your past so the universe can write a new one.” 67 likes