Start by marking “The Secret Circle: The Hunt” as Want to Read:
The Secret Circle: The Hunt

The Secret Circle: The Hunt

(The Secret Circle #5)

There's no turning back. . . .

For Cassie and her Circle of witches, it's hard to imagine life in New Salem getting any worse. A band of powerful witch hunters is targeting the group, determined to destroy them one by one. And Cassie's half sister, Scarlett, won't rest until she has a spot in the Circle—even if she has to kill Cassie to get it.

The Circle's only hope against
ebook, Nook, 163 pages
Published September 11th 2012 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Circle, please sign up.
Heather The omnibus was books 1-3. Book 2 was split into two parts. The Hunt is the 2nd book in a new trilogy written by a ghostwriter. The first book in this…moreThe omnibus was books 1-3. Book 2 was split into two parts. The Hunt is the 2nd book in a new trilogy written by a ghostwriter. The first book in this trilogy is called The Divide.(less)

Daylighter
Mar 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-ever-reads
I won't read any of the ghostwritten books for The Secret Circle series or The Hunters series. By giving a 1 star to these books, I'm showing my dislike for Alloy Entertainment & HarperCollins for firing L.J. Smith. They are not allowing her to write her books the way she wanted, because they only care about what sells and don't have any respect for story telling at all.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here's the letter L.J. Smith wrote herself to her fans regarding the is
Shaikha
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far the best book! TEAM NICK.❤ ...more
Gabrielle
Mar 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Another one? Why can't they just stop? L. J. Smith isn't even writing them anymore and I bet they'll be changed into some sappy-happy love story about over coming all faults blah blah blah. I want the REAL L. J. Smith back!

I can hardly read the new Vampire Diaires books because they no longer capture my interest. I used to buy all of them but I refuse to buy the newest ones.
Jynx
Oct 06, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tools. People who have no respect for authors.
I honestly could care less if the books is good. It will always be trash in my eyes. Why? LJ Smith has always been one of my favourite authors. It was her books that got me into fantasy, and gave me some of my best memories reading. I give this book one star because I see this book as distasteful, and an insult to Smith. It deserves negative stars. Poor LJ Smith. :( It would really suck knowing you can't even write your story anymore.
Books'N'Tracks
2.5 Sterne

Nun habe ich bereits den fünften Band dieser Reihe beendet und noch immer keine Verbindung zu den einzelnen Charakteren aufbauen können. Die Nebencharaktere glänzen durch Oberflächlichkeit, Cassie ist noch immer der reinste Sympathieträger (hust) und die Liebesgeschichte ist zum Dahinschmelzen schleimig. Jede Handlung wirkt unrealistisch und aufgesetzt. Jedes Problem hat eine einfach Lösung. Ich verspüre nahezu keinerlei Emotionen während des Lesens, es reißt mich nicht mit und trotzd
Ghiz
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have just finished reading this book minutes ago. The book was not as I was expecting it to be. I was so excited to read this book and I had been waiting for it for so long. I am so disappointed. This book clearly does not have the same taste as the first two book which were written by L. Smith. The ending was terrible. It felt like the writer just got tired of writing the story and stopped in the middle of the story. Well, Aubrey thought that would make the readers excited for the next book, ...more
Maddison
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first half of this book was really boring, but the second half picked up. It was kind of repetitive, but still pretty good. I still hate Cassie's selfishness, and her indecisiveness, and the way she's the strongest witch around even though she had no idea a while ago that she even was a witch. Just rather annoying, how that works. But I was surprised about (view spoiler) Of course (vi ...more
Ashley Mayer
Mar 31, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-read
I can't believe L.J. Smith will not be writing this series anymore! The Secret Circle was my favorite series when I first read it back in the 90's. I would have loved to hear more from the characters but I will not support a ghostwriter that has stolen the series from L.J. Smith!!
hayden
Mar 03, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-not-read
Eww.
Jessica
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Whyyyyyyy am I still reading this series? I honestly don't know. I think it's maybe kind of a palate cleanser, because it's pretty quick and brainless to get through it, and it's a nice change from some of the more dense and intellectual books I have to read on a regular basis. But this series...it just isn't good.

I don't really want to comment too much on the whole LJ Smith/Aubrey Clark/Alloy Entertainment fiasco because almost every other review talks about it, but I will note that LJ Smith is
Brooke
Sep 11, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What an insult to the original L J Smith series, its as if this new author has wrote down the names of the characters and totally disregarded everything else. The original series is what got me interested in reading, I love them and I am so so sad to see this series ruined. As far as im concerned L J Smith's books are the real secret circle, these are a cheap imitation.
Jade
Oct 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm just going to say the exact same thing I said in my review of 'The Divide' - It does upset me that L J Smith lost the rights to write these stories, but that doesn't mean I'm going to rate the book anything less than I think it deserves.

The Temptation - March 12th 2013.
Laura Calver
Oct 14, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Never
Kate
The Secret Circle series by L.J. Smith was always my favorite series of hers so when I decided to read it again I was worried that it would be awful and ruin my fond memories. While I did find it to be less good than I remembered I still quite enjoyed the characters and story even if the writing style was not exactly to my liking. However, the last three books in this series which L.J. Smith did not write and I had never read were not as good as the original trilogy.
Wendy Mills
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Witch Hunters are after Cassie and her Circle. She finds her father’s Book of Shadows, but it brings with it all sorts of new challenges. But the Circle is in the fight of their lives and if they aren’t careful, all of them will be lost.
Julia
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was better, but still not as good as the trilogy in the beginning!
Theodore
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book went by pretty quickly actually and in a good way. It was one of those 'finish in one sitting' kind of books and leaves you somewhat wanting more and thinking that it ended well at the same time.

The Hunt builds pretty well off the previous installments and does well with throwing a couple twists and surprises throughout the series. A number of things did appear a bit (at best) predictable by my tastes but I could probably shrug this off as being due to being accustomed so much to this g
R.
Apr 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bryn
Aug 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Any publisher who steals an author's mental property because they don't like "the direction" that the series is taking is unethical and horrible to boot. If all readers wanted packaged twihard crap we would be reading that. What I wanted was to know where the real author would take these stories not what some ghost writer/fan fic chippy thinks. I am glad that I have yet to be published if this is the direction that the industry is taking. As much as I want to share my vision I don't think I woul ...more
Jessie
May 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Just finished it... All i can say is that i miss lj smith. Its not the same without her. The story was dissapointing and it lacked the charm the original lj smith secret circle books had.... The originals wer amazing and they had soo much magic to them. These ones now seem to modern for the yr its supposed to take place in (for example in this book they all have cell phones with txt messeges, but in previous books they didnt have cell phones due to the fact that the book takes place in the 90s
Amanda
Oct 05, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Why?!?! Why do this to a wonderful series that started off so well. First of all I refuse to actually buy this book because I don't support the fact that the publishers decided not to allow L.J. Smith write the series as she intended. Secondly, the book was crap. The new writer has made this book so short, quick and predictable that it was ridiculous. Trusting an evil witch who tried to kill you? Seems like a totally okay idea....
How about not. Then of course to keep the romantic triangle going
Amanda Masters
Well I finally got to reading this book...lol...it was a good book all in all although I found Cassie to be really annoying and whiny in this book. The action was really good the scenes played out perfectly but I found they were all on top of one another just when one tragic thing had happened there was no breathing room before the new tragic thing happened.

I found the conflict between the characters to be great in this book however and the magic of course can't be topped! There is a slight twi
Raphi
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leider ebenso wie der viertel Teil( oder der erste von dem Ghost Writer) nicht ganz so gut wie die L.J.Smith aber trotz allem interessant. Scarletts Rolle in diesem Buch war sehr cool und alles in allem war es ein gutes Buch
Natalie Plaatjies
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot Hole
Spring fling dance: Cassie wore a halterneck dress, how did the rest of the circle not see the burn marks at the dance, I figured they disappeared but then in Chapter 12 they start to question her about the marks which does not make sense.

Cassie's crying episodes are annoying because it always occurs after she does her own thing ie. Wanting to deal with Black John's book of Shadows on her own) and does not involve the circle. Her character does not seem to be evolving in the sense of le
Haleen
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lynnes89
I stand by my previous review of The Divide in that these ghost written book do the originals no justice. I did enjoy the book, but again the inconsistencies irked me, hence the 3 stars and not 4 star rating. The characters personalities seem to progressively alter, and, I no longer felt as invested in each character I'd grown to love, there was something missing that I couldn't quite put my finger on. It was almost as if they were stripped back to more basic individuals. The plot was imaginativ ...more
Isabella
I adored the first 4 books when I was a child. Reading this book now, I realized that I still adore them now.

This is a very quick read and it is very fast paced. I loved the story and the characters and I cried real tears when a certain thing happened that I simply can't get over.

I can't wait to read the last book and see how it all ends.
Nuel
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Senza infamia né lode: lo svolgersi della trama è abbastanza banale: compaiono nuovi nemici e il circolo deve trovare il modo di far fronte a un nuovo e più agguerrito avversario.
A tratti, il comportamento di Cassie è poco logico, quasi a ricordarci che, in fondo, è una ragazzina che si atteggia da adulta ma è lungi dall'esserlo.
Maureen
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un plaisir de se retrouver plongée dans l'univers du Cercle Secret. Lu en une soirée. Une plume toujours aussi fluide et sympathique à lire. On retrouve Cassie, toujours aussi insupportable, Adam et le Cercle. Ils vont devoir se débarrasser des chasseurs, mais une autre menace pèse....
Carla
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe Suzan's dead.
  • The Power (The Secret Circle, #3)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th

The Secret Circle (6 books)
  • The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1)
  • The Captive (The Secret Circle, #2)
  • The Power (The Secret Circle, #3)
  • The Divide (The Secret Circle, #4)
  • The Temptation (The Secret Circle, #6)