Start by marking “Buy Shoes on Wednesday and Tweet at 4:00: More of the Best Times to Buy This, Do That, and Go There” as Want to Read:

Buy Shoes on Wednesday and Tweet at 4:00, former investigative journalist Mark Di Vincenzo’s follow-up to his bestselling Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon, is another endlessly fascinating and eminently useful compendium of expert tips on perfect timing for a myriad of activities—more of the best times to buy this, do that, and go there. Covering an even wider range of t ...more
Published September 11th 2012 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Buy Shoes on Wednesday and Tweet at 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buy Shoes on Wednesday and Tweet at 4

Roz Warren
Jan 12, 2013 rated it liked it
A CAPITAL TIME FOR TWEETING, PLUS WHEN TO SHOOT A MOOSE

“Buy Shoes On Wednesday and Tweet at 4:00” is a new advice book which tells the reader the best possible time to get everything done, from flossing ones teeth to visiting Zanzibar. As a public service, I’ve used the information provided in that book to create an ideal day:

First thing in the morning, start a daily ritual that will become a habit (you‘re more likely to stick with it) go to the car wash (it’s less crowded and the machinery is
Jessica
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Very informative book !

Things I took away:

*Use billshrink.com to find out the best cell phone plan for you (and what carrier would be cheapest!)
*Look for coupon codes on Playbill, TheaterMania, and Broadway Box for Broadway show tickets
*You should wash your toothbrush in the dishwasher once a month (and replace every 3-4 months, but this I knew)
*Best time to get your car repaired: Monday or Thursday mornings
*Do your workouts in the cold! Ideal temp should be 61-66 degrees - you burn calories fa
Melissa
May 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
I was really hoping for more from this book. I read it cover to cover in just a couple of hours, yet most of the tips seemed shallow and could have used further quantitave information to further convey their reasoning.
Gloria
May 31, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure why I borrowed and skimmed this book. I think I am in a "self-help" mood, and skimming it was an easy way to make me feel like I'm improving myself?

I did gather one bit of information that i found interesting (https://www.billshrink.com to compare cell phone carriers). Probably because cell phones and new lines are on the back burner at this point and should come to the foreground.

Also wonder how long this material stays valid/current.... as his introduction says, look for another a
Richard
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting book with lots of good advice. A lot of things that seem like they'd be common sense but really aren't that obvious until you think about it......might check out this author's other books too.
Andrea
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Buy Shoes on Wednesday and Tweet at 4:00 is a book all about the best times to buy/sell/do different things. Some info was more helpful than others. It was a quick read and had some good tidbits here and there.
Royale
Sep 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Lots of tips, but much of it things I wouldn't care about.
Tracey
Saw first book on eReaderIQ newsletter 2/25/15 - sounds interesting.
Janna
Mar 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-read
Good to know, helpful information.
Dusti Hargis
It was okay. I found a couple interesting tips but I really wonder how long this stuff stays valid, like another review pointed out.
Erikka