Start by marking “The Money Kill” as Want to Read:
The Money Kill

The Money Kill (Karin Schaeffer #4)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  126 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Former New York City police detectives turned Brooklyn private investigators Karin Schaeffer and her husband Mac MacLeary become involved in an international conspiracy in The Money Kill, a new thriller by Katia Leaf.

An offer of $30,000 for one day's work in London, followed by a family vacation in the Mediterranean, seems too good an offer to refuse.

But the family's trip
Published March 26th 2013 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about The Money Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Money Kill

Patricia
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Karin Schaeffer and her husband, Mac MacLeary, are just beginning to feel like a normal, married couple. The terrors that invaded their lives on more than one occasion have now been put behind them. Mac is running a private investigation agency and Karin is working with him. The children are happy and life is good.

When Cathy Millerhausen hires Mac to investigate her husband billionaire, Godfrey Millerhousen, Mac agrees. Cathy fears that Godfrey is unfaithful and if a divorce is in the future, sh
Kaisu
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

"Der Sommer deines Todes" ist der vierte Band um die Ermittlerin Karin Schaeffer und dennoch muss man die anderen Bücher nicht zwangsweise gelesen haben, um den Inhalt zu verstehen. Wer also einmal in die Serie reinschnuppern möchte, ist auch mit diesem Buch gut beraten und kann sich danach immer noch die restlichen Bände besorgen.

Es geht um einen scheinbar idyllischen Urlaub, den sich Mac und Karin redlich verdient haben. Der Weg wie sie daran kamen, ist zwar nicht ganz alltäglich, aber wer sch
Gloria Feit
Aug 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Sometimes an offer is too good to be true. That’s what happens to former NYC police detective Seamus (“Mac”) MacLeary, now a private investigator, when he is offered an easy half-day job in London for an exorbitant fee and a house-swapping vacation on an Italian island. Without thinking, he grabs the offer; the consequences are enormous.

Mac is now specializing in marital infidelities, and is approached by the wife of billionaire Godfrey Millerhausen to investigate what she believes to be an aff
Marie
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was very excited to get to review this for NETGALLEY - I have always loved Katia Lief's books in the past and have found them gritty, fast paced and overall a good storyline. However i felt disappointed by this one. I was 30% into it and still didnt feel like the story was going anywhere. I found myself wanting to skim read a lot of it - too much detail and not even action and crime for my liking.
It tells the story of Mac and his family. Mac is a private investigator and is asked to investiga
Christine bonner
This is the 3rd book I have read of Katia Lief and read it in a day.

I am not reading the books in order as i am waiting for the library to get them in,

Mac and Karin now run a PI along with Mary a friend, Mac is ask to see if a husband is cheating on his wife, than there get a offer to go to Sardinia for a 3 week house exchange, which there go on Mary and the kids go on there own, Mac and Karin go to London and than go to join up with Mary and the children.

When Mac and Karin get there the childre
Naomi Blackburn
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Read my full review @ http://bit.ly/13iHabX

My rating: 3.5 Stars (Will be 3 Stars on Goodreads/Amazon)

My opinion: Not my favorite in the series, but still a good read. I found myself not as attached to the storyline. It wasn't that the writing was bad but I simply felt that it was much more "pushed" and dramatic than some of her other releases. I was much more reminded of the first book in the series versus the last release.

It took me longer to get through this book that was 200 pages compared t
Reading Fool
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways, 2013
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

Suspenseful and fast-paced. I couldn't put it down. Husband and wife team Mac and Karin are private investigators who have been hired by Cathy Millerhausen, who thinks her husband is cheating on her. The story is much more complicated than a simple case of marital infidelity. I need to read other novels by Katia Lief.
Colleen
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the 4th in a series and I think I liked it the best. It had so many players in it and you really weren't sure who knew what was going on or who was being used. It kept me guessing until close to the end.
Curlyhair
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
Not my fav of this series. It was a slow burner for me, as it seemed to take ages before I was really into this story. I nearly did give up. I ended up enjoying it, but only from about half way through. In the books defence, kidnapping in any shape or form, is not my favourite subject!!
Annett
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohne die anderen Bände um Karin Schaeffer zu kennen, konnte ich diesem Buch gut folgen. Der Plot schien mir trotzdem relativ weit hergeholt bzw. manches einfach ein bisschen unlogisch. Und der Schluss... auch irgendwie erwartet. Trotzdem nette Unterhaltung zum Zeitvertreib.
K.l.
May 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
tenses constantly changing confused me, but not a bad story
Pooja Mishra
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not great, doesn't have the usual Katia Lief zing....
Jodi
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is a great read filled with action and suspense. I highly recommend it.
Stanley Lee
Can't quite follow the plot.
T.M. Carper
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Great addition to the series. Everything ties together well with lots of twists. Couldn't put it down.
Marie Coats
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
I thought this was a very good story. Very different.
Sad and Scary.
I thought the Author could have finished it a little better.
Karen
Jul 05, 2014
becca via-hall
Sep 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Red Light (Merci Rayborn #2)
  • Relative Danger
  • Death and Taxes (The Sons of Liberty #2)
  • The Marcolini Blackmail Marriage (Marcolini Men, #1) (Harlequin Presents, #2845)
  • Captivated by Her Innocence
  • Truth or Dare (Brennan & Esposito, #6)
  • The Sheikh's Undoing
  • The Stone Lion
  • Drummer Boy
  • The Clockwork Teddy: A Bear Collector's Mystery
  • The Fragile Flag (Hall Family Chronicles #5)
  • A Voice of Her Own: The Story of Phillis Wheatley, Slave Poet
  • His for a Price
  • King Of The Desert, Captive Bride (Desert Kings, #2)
  • Captive in His Bed (Knight Brothers, #2)
  • Deadly Deceit (DCI Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Balarama: A Royal Elephant
  • The Vásquez Baby
The first thing I ever wrote that received any notice was a one page story for my third grade English teacher. I don't recall what the assignment was, but I somehow found myself writing about a woman at a dinner party who suddenly realizes her teeth are invisible. She sits there, wedged between two chattering guests, wondering how she will eat, how she will talk, and generally how she will get out ...more
More about Katia Lief...

Karin Schaeffer (4 books)
  • You Are Next (Karin Schaeffer)
  • Next Time You See Me (Karin Schaeffer)
  • Vanishing Girls