Start by marking “Starstruck (Fame Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
Starstruck (Fame Game, #2)

Starstruck

(Fame Game #2)

Lauren Conrad, star of the hit MTV reality series The Hills, brings her insider knowledge to Starstruck, the second book in the Fame Game series.

In Starstruck, Madison isn’t getting much screen time on The Fame Game, the reality TV show following three girls trying to become stars in L.A. She’s too busy doing community service after stealing a necklace. Kate, on the other
Published October 16th 2012 by HarperCollins (first published September 1st 2012)

Lexy
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Even though I thought Starstruck was confusing because I don't have the first book this is the second book I enjoyed the premise of the book.
Book Addict Shaun
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, kindle
Pure trash and I loved it. I read all three LA Candy books in a week and the first Fame Game book in a few days because I really enjoyed them and didn't want to put it down. The Hills (or any similar reality show) in book form. Obviously people are going to hate on this book because of Lauren or because of what it represents but if you just take it for what it is and don't get all serious then it's a very enjoyable read.

My favourite character in the book is Madison, and I can't believe I'm sayin
Rachel
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is my favorite of all of L.C.'s books. I really enjoyed this installment! I just read it in a few hours this evening.

The characters are just more complex! Kate is no longer perfection personified, Carmen's impossibly great relationship with her mother has become realistic, Gaby's dangerous behavior has finally "paid off", and, best of all, Madison Parker is a human being. Obviously this storyline began several books back, but now it feels genuine. I feel so much sympathy for her now
Freesiab (Bookish Review)
I actually thought this book was the best out of all the LC books. It had a little more dimension and character development but let's not forget we are hardly talking about a literary opus. Simply a quick and entertaining read.
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars

The Hills had been on for a while before I started watching it. Then one night I happened to catch an episode (it was when Lauren Conrad and Whitney went to Paris) and I was hooked. I found the concept so fascinating. And was always so curious as to how much of it was really real.

I read Lauren Conrad's LA Candy series. And now I've read the first two books of the Fame Game series. And I actually think that I like this series more than the first.

Kate is a sweet girl, a singer from Ohi
Jennifer Girard
3.5

I enjoyed it more than the first book in the series! We can see more of the dark side of the reality shows ! I don't know if I like this series more than L.A Candy yet but I'm excited to finish the series.
Kimberly Vanderbloom
The girls are evolving and the plot is changing. It was pretty interesting and rather addicting. I love the behind the scenes of reality tv.
Mehsi
Thanks to me reading the L.A. Candy books not that long ago I finally got all the little references that were spread in the book. I knew now who Jane was. What L.A. Candy was and what happened to Madison. It made the books so much better and unlike the previous book of this series (before I read the L.A. Candy books) I wasn't confused! I was now mostly shaking my head or giggling at the little references.

As people probably know, I hated Madison over the course of the various books. But for magic
Nicole
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spoilers are definitely included in this one.

WHY? Why end like that?

I seriously love Lauren Conrad as a writer. I think she's absolutely terrific. I love reading books like these because they're so easy to read but they suck you in. I love this series just as much as her first series.

The character growth in this book was captivating. Especially with Madison. Who would have thought she would give up everything to protect her father? And I loved the storyline between her and Ryan. Ugh. Ryan. Ho
Helen
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books-read
I’ve been slowly working my way through Lauren Conrad’s book series, loosely based on The Hills and Hollywood lifestyle. It’s actually quite a light read, I finished it while I was on holiday, and enjoyed it for that purpose. The plot and characters are a little bit fluffy but I didn’t mind, it still had a reasonable amount of intrigue and glamour. Like I’ve spoken about before, what makes the series unique is the inside scoop on reality TV, and finding out what’s real and what isn’t. If you’re ...more
Inês Gueifão
Same old story in the same old format with the same old characters. This trilogy is getting so boring I don't even know if I'll read the last book.
Tracey
a rather dull plot with characters that didn't hold a lot of my attention. can't see myself reading any of her books again sadly.
Jill
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series has grown on me. Enjoying.
Madeline Wright
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first audiobook I read for this series. I read the others via ebook. I wasn't disappointed. The narrator did an amazing job with the characters and accents.
Percy
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I’m putting it out there, I think Fawn is the one spreading rumours about Carmen, although I think we’re meant to think its Lily. All shall probably/hopefully be revealed in the last book.
Chrissy
May 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nope. Couldn't finish. Just nope.
Zoe Boone
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes of reality TV? Lauren Conrad’s ‘Starstruck’ is a perfect glance into that world, filled with drama, romance decisions, and the struggles that come with fame. ‘Starstruck’ follows the stars of the ‘Fame Game’, a reality TV show. Kate is a rising pop star who struggles with anxiety and stage fright, and she may have to take extreme measures to solve this problem. Madison, the star of the show, is facing community service for a crime she didn’t ...more
Celeste
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: livres-papiers
Dans Starstruck, Lauren Conrad dépeint très bien les effets de la célébrités. Chacune de nos héroïne doit fait face à ses problèmes et bizarrement elles choisissent toute, plus ou moins, la mauvaise solution.
Le seul personnage qui semble évoluer de façon positive est Madison (en même temps elle a déjà une TV réalité d'avance sur Kate et Carmen). Vu la fin de ce tome j'ai vraiment hâte de découvrir la suite. Comment va-t-elle faire face à sa décision et surtout, trouvera-t-elle enfin le bonheur ?
Thomas Meier
Kaitlyn Schmidt
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Starstruck, A Fame Game Novel is another addition to the bookshelf of Lauren Conrad’s work and the world of L.A. with her fictional characters. It will not disappoint as we dive deeper into the reality of the Fame Game for the four leading ladies. This book contains many changes of characters throughout it, for the good and bad.
Kate is a simple midwestern girl whose life completely changes just because of a Youtube video of her singing “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”. She is the relatable girl that
Kim
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know it was entirely fair for me to rate this book because when I was reading it (a while ago) I didn't realize until after I was finished that it's the second book in the series, so maybe I might have liked it if I'd read them in the proper order. But for now I'm going to go ahead and say I didn't like it. The biggest problem for me was that I just really didn't like the characters. Because I read the book a while ago I can't give specific examples, but I remember that it was specifical ...more
Siobhan Coogan
I liked this book, just as much as its predecessor. Madison is still growing as a character, she's willing to protect her father and handles the consequences pretty well given the circumstances and her growth is also shown in her love interest Ryan. She doesn't think "how would this help my career and/or my fame?" throughout their relationship.
Kate, on the other hand, has become bland and not as interesting as some of the other characters, Carmen is still enjoyable and Gaby is still Gaby.

Onto t
Emily
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still liking this series a lot more. Still like Madison a lot more. Still bored by kate and Carmen. Wish they’d do something more with gabbi’s character. What’s the point of even having her at this point?
Tina
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The entertainment value of listening to this series has been interesting - a guilty pleasure. I just can’t stop wondering what kind of trouble the girls will get into next.
Annie Wasikowski
Another Good Book

Starstruck is the second book in The Fame Game series by Lauren Conrad. It is a very good book but it is also kind of an emotional story.
Raynee
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm loving to see the character development in this series! I'm not normally one for a gossip story, but I'm excited to read the end of the series!
Sherryle
Kinda got lost in this book maybe cus of the length of time it took me 2 read it... I'm going finish the last book only 2 find out how Madison goes. She's interesting!
Amutha
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the 1st one...
Daisy_walden
Kind of wierd but interesting. A book about reality stars. Kind of gives you an inside look at a life that that is cool but horrible at the same time. It follows 3 girls who are on a reality show and their challenges and successes. It was an ok read, there are better books to consume your time but a little mindless reading is fun sometimes.
Lady Light
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah, it's been awhile since I wrote a review for a book. -_- But, anyway getting to the point. The second book of the Fame Game series by Lauren Conrad a book with drama causing complicated lives yet again. The cover is absolutely pretty with tiny stars forming the big star a symbol of fame perfect for the theme of the book since everybody is aiming to be the star of the show. Lies, deciet, and gossips are around the starlets Madison, Katy, Carmen, and Gaby. These unique girls will have to be mea ...more
  • Priceless
  • True Whit: Designing a Life of Style, Beauty, and Fun
  • Hollywood is Like High School With Money
  • Beautiful Disaster (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #3)
  • A Shore Thing
  • Seventeen Ultimate Guide to Style: How to Find Your Perfect Look
  • There's No Place Like Home (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #6)
  • The Teen Vogue Handbook: An Insider's Guide to Careers in Fashion
  • Famous
  • Beneath the Glitter (Sophie and Ava London, #1)
  • The Lo-Down
  • The Daughters Join the Party (The Daughters, #4)
  • Adored (It Girl, #8)
  • Influence
Lauren Katherine Conrad, often referred to as "L.C.", is an American television personality and an aspiring fashion designer. She is best known for being featured in the MTV reality series Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County and for her spin-off show, The Hills, which follows her personal and professional life as she pursues a career in the fashion industry. She earns an estimated $1.5 million an ...more

Fame Game (3 books)
  • The Fame Game (Fame Game, #1)
  • Infamous (Fame Game, #3)
“But it wasn't fair that he was so good-looking. He was such an asshole, and not in a charming way.” 5 likes