Start by marking “Mayor Hubble Is in Trouble! (My Weirder School #6)” as Want to Read:
Mayor Hubble Is in Trouble! (My Weirder School #6)

Mayor Hubble Is in Trouble! (My Weirder School #6)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  432 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
My Weirder School weirder than ever!

Election day is right around the corner, and guess who's running for class president? A.J. and Andrea! Mayor Hubble is going to teach the kids all the ins and outs of politics, and every vote counts. Who's going to win? Who's going to lose? And who's going to kiss a baby? Ew, gross!
Published August 21st 2012 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mayor Hubble Is in Trouble!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mayor Hubble Is in Trouble!

Sophia Cambron
Mayor Hubble is in Trouble is a pretty funny book. It's about a third grade president election between the two students, Andrea and A.J.. There is a lot of humor in the book and the story kept me so interested that I wanted to keep reading to find out what happens next. I think this book is good for fourth and fifth graders.

Reiley
Sep 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
it's boring
Joey Oborne
Good Book!!! :)
Lisa Mckay
Hosting mock elections at an elementary school is great way for students to learn about the democratic process; at least that is what the principle of Ella Mentry School decided. During an assembly in the school's all purpose room, he announced that each grade will be running their own election in order to choose their future class representative. This year the two candidates running for third grade were AJ and Andrea. Although the two were enough of opposites this election was made even more in ...more
Shelli
Andrea, or Little Miss Perfect (we all had one of those in our class), is running for class president. She wants to implement a school dress code, take away recess, and require more homework. A.J. decides (...well he is more forced by his friends) to run against Andrea to preserve their crappy regular school life. Let the campaigning and mudslinging begin!

I love this series! I don't know who gets more excited when a new one comes out, me or my daughter. This particular book is perfect for an ele
Courtney Umlauf
I read this just after finishing The Get Rich Quick Club, and although I liked this a tiny bit more, I still wasn't all that impressed. But I think young readers will find the humor entertaining. The narrator also talks directly to the reader at a few points which is funny and can also be used to teach students about what a narrator is:
"The president of the third grade is..."
I'm not gonna tell you.
Okay okay, I'll tell you. But you have to read the next chapter. So nah-nah-nah boo-boo on you!
2G Books
If you get Mayor Hubble is in trouble you will not be sorry. I think this book is amazing. It is written by Dan Gutman. The book is about Mayor Hubble who steals something like gold in a playground and goes right to jail. Then after he gets out he visits the school and tells them about his life. My favorite part is when Mayor Hubble sneaks into Andrea's room and finds a journal and it says, "I like A.J.!" My favorite character is Mayor Hubble because he is funny. You should get this book because ...more
Syanna
I just finished a book called Mayor Hubble is in Trouble by Dan Gutman. It is a funny book. Its about a boy named A.J. and he goes to a weird school. So this book is about A.J. voting for president and Mayor Hubble gets in a little trouble. There is a lot a crazy things going on in this book. I enjoyed this book and you will to if you are into humor books.
Kaytee
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i thought it was good beacase i like the part where they snaek into andreas house and they looked into her secrets and there were three littl words thaat a.j did not like it said i like a.j so when they got to school he asked andrea if she likes him or not and she said no that was my favrite part of the storie i thought it was
Stephanie
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a 7 year old. She's been reading all sorts of books. I promised myself I wouldn't censor what she read, but read everything she did.

THIS BOOK IS SO FUNNY! My kid read so many parts out loud to me during a high school band competition and we had those sitting around us rolling with laughter.

Stephanie
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mayor Hubble is in trouble by Dan Gutman is a book about two kids that want to be presidents.There's this two kids named Andrea and AJ they want to be presidents but a big problem happens.I liked the book because it's interesting and funny.I would recommend this book to people that like funny books.
Bibliofiendlm
Pretty cute and funny.
David Mckinnon
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my son and thought it was great for his age and really silly.
Gideon
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
gr8 book can't wait for more
Maria Kiguthi
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son (7) liked it because Mayer Hubble got in trouble. He has read most of the series and enjoyed them all. I get a bit tired of the same plot over and over again, but he doesn't get tired of it.
Denise
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In the end the book is ok. I found the character's personalities annoying and rude, though it lessened by the end. maybe a 2.5.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Mr. Wiggles, Andrea or A.J. in the school election. H.Y.
Angie
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Excellent way for kids to learn the election process!
Lucas Chance
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This book is totally Awesome
Alysha DeShaé
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I was a boy once, you know," said the mayor.

"Just once?" I said. "I'm a boy all the time."

Really, this series is silly.
PWRL
May 28, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
SM
Lisa Houston
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was zany! I know some of my students will love this series.
Christine (KizzieReads)
Wasn't as funny as the last book but my son still loved it.
Kaylie
Mckinnon reader
Feb 21, 2015
Yi Su
Dec 30, 2014
  • Sophia the Snow Swan Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Magical Animals Fairies, #5)
  • October Ogre (Calendar Mysteries #10)
  • 97 Ways to Train a Dragon (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #9)
  • Nate the Great and the Monster Mess
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • Hello, Nebulon! (Galaxy Zack, #1)
  • The Pinstripe Ghost (Ballpark Mysteries #2)
  • Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #9: The US Capital Commotion
  • Don't Tap-Dance on Your Teacher (Roscoe Riley Rules, #5)
  • Abe Lincoln At Last! (Magic Tree House, #47)
  • Summer Vacation from the Black Lagoon
  • Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer (Judy Moody, #10)
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more
More about Dan Gutman...

My Weirder School (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Miss Child Has Gone Wild! (My Weirder School, #1)
  • Mr. Harrison Is Embarrassin'! (My Weirder School, #2)
  • Mrs. Lilly Is Silly! (My Weirder School, #3)
  • Mr. Burke Is Berserk! (My Weirder School, #4)
  • Ms. Beard Is Weird! (My Weirder School, #5)
  • Miss Kraft Is Daft! (My Weirder School, #7)
  • Dr. Nicholas Is Ridiculous! (My Weirder School, #8)
  • Ms. Sue Has No Clue! (My Weirder School, #9)
  • Mr. Jack Is a Maniac! (My Weirder School, #10)
  • Miss Klute Is a Hoot! (My Weirder School, #11)