Start by marking “Durch mich geht man hinein zu Welten der Trauer” as Want to Read:
Durch mich geht man hinein zu Welten der Trauer

Durch mich geht man hinein zu Welten der Trauer

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  134 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
In den frühesten Jahren der Geschichte des Universums hat der Weltschöpfer, der allmächtige Urheber allen Lebens, gegen seine Geschöpfe mit unerklärlicher Heimtücke gerichtet. Einer nach dem anderen der regierenden Sonnengebieter wurde wegen verbotenen Wissens gestürzt. Die schreckliche Strafe für ihre Verbrechen ist Isolierung - die Tore, die ihre Welten mit denen des übr ...more
Published March 1984 by Goldmann (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Durch mich geht man hinein zu Welten der Trauer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Durch mich geht man hinein zu Welten der Trauer

Fantasy Literature
Originally published in 1982 and re-issued in 2016, Pauline Gedge’s Stargate is a sci-fi/fantasy hybrid writ large. Its universe rides the mythic themes of a world overseen by Gods who live within the vague rules similarly employed against their literary and cultural brethren in Olympus. Gedge seems more than happy to borrow these Grecian mythic motifs while putting her own sci-fi/fantasy spin on the creation myths we find embedded within even modern religions.

Important note before I continue: T
S.M.M. Lindström
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, horror
A bittersweet story, heavy on the bitter. The summary on the backcover was misleading; this is not the tale of an epic all-out war between sunlords and the Unmaker. Instead it's a story about the end of innocence and of how paranoia and distrust can lead to downfall. In short, it's a tragedy with a hint of hope at the end.

I didn't think I'd like this book as much as I did. There is much description to get through and the POVs switch constantly (but the switches never confused me which is a big p
Kathy Doll
Sorry to have to add to the dismal 1 star review.

I read this many, many years ago and wanted to revisit as I couldn't remember anything about this other than the fact it was science fiction which is a big change for Pauline Gedge who is a historical fiction queen (as far as I am concerned).

I found the first 1/3 (that's as far as I got) of Stargate to be incomprehensible for the most part. There are gods that are in charge of several separate and varied worlds with mortals on each world. The worl
Dexter
This has absolutely no relation to the movie and subsequent TV series. None whatsoever. But it did come first. And it is beautiful.

Man, what a thrift store find. This book is gorgeous, and so so unique. I don't think I've ever read anything quite like it. It strongly reminded me of H.G. Wells's The Time Machine, mostly just the Eloi.

The world is so secluded and complete, with just enough mystery to keep me interested. And the plot progression! Get ready for a journey here.

I don't want to say a l
Juushika
After the Worldmaker becomes the Unmaker, a vast family of linked stars and guardian sun-lords fall one by one. This is a loss of innocence narrative on a literally universal scale, a uniquely massive premise with a pervasive sense of inevitability; it strips autonomy from its characters and prohibits investment on the individual level, to its detriment: it's distant, bitter, inaccessible. The imagery is diverse and beautiful, but there's so much that it becomes monotonous. But while this isn't ...more
Book Him Danno
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was introduced to Stargate when I watched the movie like most everyone else I knew. I had no idea it was a book. When I drove right inn I quickly learned they are not the same. When I received the Email requesting me to review Stargate I couldn't pass up the chance.

I am grateful I had said yes but the emotions this story brings to the surface is hard to explain.

Pauline Gedge tells a story that will pull at the heart strings of everyone who has witness the evil in the world and the loss of inn
Chris
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure - I won this in a goodreads.com giveaway.

This was a challenging book. Indeed, it could also be considered 2-3 books in one novel. The start is so compelling it pulled me in right away. The ancient and alien universe created here is astonishing.

Unfortunately, there are several narrative side-trips that, while overall contribute to the saga as a whole, completely stalled the progress of the novel for me.

In the end, we get a conclusion that is satisfying. This may be a story you nee
Christine Bowles
While this book was not what I expected, I was pleasently surprised by my enjoyment of it. The story was unique, well written, and the later half of the book held me captive until 1 am as I tried to finish to find out how everything would end.
I recommend this book to other science fiction fans.

For a more detailed review check out my blog post: http://christybooklust.blogspot.com/2...
julianne
I tried, Oh lord I tried so hard to read this. Incomprehensible at the beginning and it doesn't get any better.

Don't get me wrong, I had no expectations from this. I had no advance impressions to go on. Yes I know about the movie and TV series but I was aware that the book bore very little resemblance to those.

I wanted to read the book for a long time, but my anticipation over-weighed how I really felt. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Ah well I'll move onto the next....
Arlene
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably in the top five of the best Science Fiction books I have ever read.
This was not an easy book to get through,having said that, there was a lot of material and characters. I usually make a chart when I read,crazy?? I know.

It was confusing in the beginning but than it found it's momentum and I loved it.
Jolyn
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started this book many years ago, but never finished it. I found it on my shelf the other day & tried to read it again, but didn't get any further than I did the first time. What I did read was o.k., but confusing. I skimmed through it and read other parts, but I had to put it down. Maybe in another few years I'll give it another go...
Hannah Mitchell
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I super enjoyed this book. It shows the strain of keeping evil out and keeping everything the same. Yet it does come to planets.

I'm glad this book has nothing to do with the series on t.v.

Gedge did a wonderful job of weaving a great tale about the struggle of keeping evil out and keep everything the same. Yet one does realize that change will happen but he would assist in it.
Marge Perko
I was excited to read this book, as a fan of the movie. (It's totally different, by the way.) However, the set-up of the active plot dragged on - you only get real action in the last part of the book. I really tried to love this book as much as her historical novels.
Sabi Edwards
Although this book was not what I expected , I quite enjoyed it although I did get lost a bit with the amount of characters in this book.
It is NOT the Stargate from the TV series/movie.
Raiveran Rabbit
Depressing dressed up as beauty.
Hilary
A rather marvellous mythic fantasy, nothing (I'm glad to say) to do with the truly terrible film or its even worse TV spin-offs.
Juan
Feb 16, 2015
Julia Rueger
Nov 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Marco's Millions (Marco's Millions #1)
  • Living Hell
  • Manga Shakespeare: Hamlet
  • The World of Star Trek
  • Star Trek: The New Voyages, 2 (Star Trek Adventures, #6)
  • Chernevog (Russian Stories #2)
  • What Distant Deeps (Lt. Leary, #8)
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Stalking The Unicorn (John Justin Mallory Mystery, #1)
  • Samhane
  • Shadow
  • Day by Night
  • Oaths and Miracles
  • The Blue Hawk
I was born in Auckland, New Zealand, on December 11, 1945, the first of three girls. Six years later my family emigrated to England where my father, an ex-policeman, wanted to study for the Anglican ministry. We lived in an ancient and very dilapidated cottage in the heart of the English Buckinghamshire woodland, and later in a small village in Oxfordshire called Great Haseley. I grew up surrounde ...more
More about Pauline Gedge...