Start by marking “Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)” as Want to Read:
Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)

Gates of Paradise

(Blue Bloods #7)

Schuyler Van Alen is running out of time. The Dark Prince of Hell is storming the Gates of Paradise, intent on winning the heavenly throne for good. This time he has his greatest angels by his side, Abbadon and Azrael—Jack and Mimi Force, as they are known in the Coven.

Or so he thinks. Even as Lucifer assigns Jack and Mimi the tasks of killing their true loves, the Force t
Published January 15th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion

Elena
Mar 23, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
2013!? Seriously Melissa de la Cruz, 2013!?
You clearly want to kill me.

I physically need more Mimi and Kingsley, and I have to know what happens with Jack and Schuyler now!
I can't believe the turn this series took. At the end of the first book, I wasn't even sure I'd read the second one, and now here I am, after six books, literally freaking out because the last out comes out in one effing year. D:

-- Okay it has a cover. And a synopsis. Oh my God! She can't give us such a statement and then leav
Saniya
Sep 15, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OMFG! O.O
THE LAST BOOK!
I AM GOING CRAZY HERE!
LAST BOOK! ='[
I didn't want this series to end! I wanted but not wanted! UGH! Its like reading "Last Sacrifice" by Richelle Mead. Its like reading Mockingjay. Its like reading a last book in a series you simply don't want to end.
AND I WANT A GOOD ENDING! I WILL KILL EVERYONE IF I DON'T GET AN AWESOME ENDING! <.<
Oh, God! The last book :'(
Ferdy
Spoilers

This is the last book in a series I thought would never end. I have a hard time letting go of any series even when they are rubbish, so now that this is over I feel like an ugly book shaped weight has been lifted of my delicate little shoulders.
Hmm… where to start with this no doubt long, ranty, bitchy review? Okay, well the Blue Bloods series is all about teenage vampires that were once angels who rebelled against god or something, anyway as 'punishment' they are reincarnated over and
Winnie
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Amazing…..
WOOHOO!!!
Review to come...

OMG!!!!!! it has a cover!!!! Thats ME and Jack! *** Sighs***

Who's heart is BROKEN???? OMG OMG OMG???? it better be a happy Ending!!!! OR, OR, OR - Oh Please!!!! LET IT be a Happy Ending!!!!!
Suzanne
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this series! It is one that gets better as the series progresses, and I love that in series because sometimes you get a series that trails off into bad territory so to speak. However, this series actually only had one (complete not novella) novel that acted as filler. The series progresses within the same plot we get introduced into in the first book, with an array of amusing characters sprinkled into the progressing series. This was a very satisfying end to the series. Loved ...more
Heather
Jun 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
*sighs* What can I say?! I'm sorely disappointed. However, by the time I got to two of the previous books in this series, Misguided Angel and Lost In Time, I was kind of already half expecting the disappointment for the final book. Now, I'll gladly take those two books over this one anyday. Stubbornly, I held onto some sense of false hope until the bitter end that the author would redeem the story and everything would make sense by it's conclusion.

Um, wrong. *shakes head*

I honestly didn't think
sia xo
May 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Final Post - *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I just want to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the Blue Bloods series. Lost in Time's ending had left me avid & desperate for more, more of everyone (especially more Abaddon & more Araquiel). The SIXTEEN month wait for the final book's release had me anticipating an amazing string of events leading up to the final battle and all loose ends tied. I CAN say this book managed to tie everything together perfectly into a neat little bow. Unfortunately, howev
Natalie
BEST.SERIES.EVER. I'm dying

2013?!?! Why is this more than a year away are they crazy?! This needs to be released next year at the most. Horrible marketing, I shall complain... How can book 5, 5.5, and 6 all be released in the same year but the last book will be out in 2 years...???

Edit: Yay we have a cover! Buuut i have to say I'm so-do about it. And what's up with her hair??
☽ MaryJane ✨
Oh man, oh man, oh man. This book was a mess. It was a complete disaster, it was sloppy, and in my completely honest opinion it lacked everything a good book should offer.

There was little to no character development. The plot felt like it didn’t exist. Events took place in ways that felt entirely too convenient. The writing was awkward. If you didn’t read the novellas in between over 1/3 of this book would have made NO SENSE. And over half of this was completely pointless. Basically to sum it up
Angela
Apr 15, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Blue Bloods.

I'm Excited to read this. Of all the series in the world was ever written. Blue blood is my first series that I'm planning to Complete. I don't just buy books I keep them Well covered and share them with my relatively close friends too.

-Cole

6/18/2012
Still waiting for this. Can't time speed up?
New Hopes for this book:
*Mimi and Kingsley should end up together forever
**I hope Oliver finds his true love!
***I just hope Schuyler Die. {no offense}
And Also, I hope Bliss' Sniff off will be o
Shweta Choudhary
OMG!!! OMG!! OMG!! I am totally in love with this book!!!! The author didn't disappoint me ever!!! I have been waiting for this book for last one year and Its finally in my hands !!! <3 <3

This book leads to revelations of all the truth that were half unsaid in previous books . Allegra and Ben, Micheal, jack, Mimi, Schuyler , Kinsley. What would happen to them? How was Schuyler born? How Bliss was conceived? How Lucifer betrayed? The history Behind whether Ben is still alive or not and Schu
Liviania
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Blue Bloods series had a strong premise and a great beginning, but it foundered for awhile. The series always followed several narrators in each novel, but there were always some plotlines that didn't have the urgency or sizzle of the others. Even in GATES OF PARADISE, Schuyler Van Alen goes on a side adventure that involves hanging out at a college party. I mean, it's not like she should be worried about leading the charge against Lucifer and preventing him from invading Heaven or anything. ...more
May
Oct 24, 2011 marked it as continue-finish-series  ·  review of another edition
I don't know which is more depressing. The fact that it's the last book in the series or that it's not expected to release until January of 2013. I cannot wait that long.

Edit 20 June 13
I hadn't realized this came out. It's been a while since I read this series, and honestly I don't really know if I want to read it anymore...
Riley
EDIT: Spoilers ahoy!
I actually enjoyed this now that i think about it. I was leery about the whole battle, and even though I kind of knew how it was going to happen, Jack's death was a let down. He was being such an awful person before this, I wasn't that upset when it did happen; because we knew that Schuyler would do it to save the fallen. Now Oliver and Finn, Don't even get me started. I hated and am so confused by Oliver's decision at the end. Like what the hell? He wanted to become a vampi
Humaira
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book, Great ending!
Totally worth the read:)
Sarah Marie
May 20, 2019 marked it as lost-interest
I read the first 17 pages of this and it's been far too long since I read this series. The Blue Bloods series was a huge part of my middle school years, but as a college student I have moved into a very different direction. I did try, but I just think my time would be better spent on a book that I will love instead of just like so I want to pass on my never read book onto a more appreciative reader.
Tiffany
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhhhh that ending!! I honestly never saw that coming! I really enjoyed this book. It was such a fantastic wrap-up to the series as a whole.
Rachel Patrick
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 Stars

The synopsis said Gates of Paradise, the final book in the Blue Bloods series, would be "heartbreaking" and have "unbearable sacrifice." That was not a lie. While the end was still rushed, as so many series finales seem to be, it still cleaned up pretty nicely, leaving someone who started the series years ago--someone like me--feeling like they'd lost a huge part of their life.

My only problem with this book--besides the somewhat rushed final scenes (I want a bloodbath) and being confu
Lindsay
I finally did it. I finally finished this series.

At one point in time, I loved this series. I loved how creative the author was and how unique the books were. But as time went on, the series sort of lost it's luster for me. I don't know if I got bored, or over saturated by vampires or what, but it's taken me years to finally decide to pick up this book.

I'm glad to know what happened to Schuyler , Jack, Oliver and the others...but I didn't really love the way things ended. I didn't mind what ha
Parvathy
A fitting end to an outstanding series. The last book of the Blue bloods series is the first book I read this year and suffice to say I wasn't the least bit disappointed.

The story continues from where it left off in the previous instalment with Schyluer in search of the gate of promise with a trustee conduit and best friend Oliver. Jack and Mimi in the under world carrying out their deception as Lucifer's trusted minions and Bliss trying to rally up the wolf pack. The story is pretty much predi
Ornella (Nyx)
Oh, Jack...Can't say much without spoiling something. (view spoiler) Don't read that if you plan on reading the book, cause it will spoil it a lot.

I am a bit conflicted over this b
Connie
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paloma
Nov 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
NOOO!!! You can't do this to me Mellisa! January 2013?!? You better change it to something like DECEMBER 31, 2011.
Jean
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

** Spoilers **

Schuyler starts off stupid again in this final book. Why would she be any different, right?
She feels like she is being watched but she doesn't tell anyone. They are at war or will soon be, why keep something like that a secret?
I was not to sure about Schuyler's and Jack's relationship.
In the beginning, I thought he was really into her but then the reader is told about him liking
Gabrielle in his past lives, it kind of put a damprer on their romance, in my opinion.
I did not like the
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
I can't deny it. I have followed the blue bloods to hell and back. I have read them through seven books and it feels quite sad knowing this will be goodbye.

When I got my hands on the book, I felt relief and happiness wash through me because here it is finally, within my grasp, after a long long wait. I'm not a very patient person so you can only imagine what I had to endure. Soon though, when I got the book, I felt anxiety too. Because suddenly, I'm scared to reach the last page.

I've always enjo
Jeremy Martin
This is the last book in the Blue Blood series. I have adored these books from the very first one. But as the series started to get further in number, the books started to lack their usual luster. Plots started to get shaky, and some things were simply forgotten. Some of the books were so cliche and typical that you felt angered that such a beautiful and interesting plot got ruined.

First complaint was that the author published a spin off series from this book. If you read the last book (Lost in
Leah
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I have finally finished the Blue Bloods series. And it was such an amazing finale. I wrote in my review of Lost In Time that I expected good things from this finale, and it didn't let me down. Yes, I would have liked a bigger battle (or a longer battle I think I mean) but all the build up to the battle was amazing. It was like a chess match, and everyone on the good side were just getting all their pieces in place to defeat the big bad and it was pretty freaking epic.

Schuyler is one of those
Erin
Jul 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Vampire
Love Triangle/Insta Love/Obsession?: Triangle.
Cliff Hanger: YES

Ending: 5

Total: 5

In Dept

Best Part:
You get to have some answers answered.
Worst Part: Yah, good luck keeping the plot straight.
Thoughts Had: who is that!?; WOLF PACT?!?!?; i'm lost.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
n/a
Recommending: eh

Short Review: Okay, first thing, i listene
Lex
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't believe that after this book, it's over now. :(
But I'm gonna read this one and put off my other CR for now.

OMG! I finished it! It's really really sad that this is the last book. :( I love this series that much. Don't really care about what others would say. The battle is not that epic but really, it's memorable. It's just right.

I was a bit afraid that there'll be no battle like what happened in Rapture (Fallen series), but thank heavens, that it didn't end like that. And the secret is no
so you like YA?!: Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz Start: May 10th 178 69 Sep 11, 2014 02:30AM
The Ending... 2 48 Apr 17, 2014 10:57PM
Two Fathers???????????? 2 69 Dec 19, 2013 11:47PM
Two Fathers???????????? 6 131 Oct 23, 2013 05:30PM
Blue Bloods!: The Gates of Paradise 6 57 Apr 03, 2013 02:42PM
Spoilers 15 145 Mar 29, 2013 04:13PM
Schuyler Pregnant? 13 209 Jan 08, 2013 03:23PM

• Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9)
  • Blood Ties (Blood Coven Vampire, #6)
  • Balthazar
  • Neferet's Curse (House of Night Novellas, #3)
  • Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen, #2)
  • The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch, #3)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Vanquished (Crusade, #3)
  • Rise (Nightshade Prequel #2; Nightshade World #2)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Hunted (Vampire Beach, #6)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like

Blue Bloods (7 books)
  • Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1)
  • Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4)
  • Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)
  • Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6)
“Because love was not the answer to every question. Because real love meant sacrifice. Sometimes love means letting go.” 51 likes
“Evil was seductive and easy, and virtue was difficult and unappreciated.” 41 likes