Start by marking “Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)” as Want to Read:
Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)

Pete's Big Lunch

(Pete the Cat: I Can Read!)

In this cool beginning reader, Pete uses creativity to create a delicious sandwich and then teaches readers about the joy of sharing with friends. Pete the Cat: Pete's Big Lunch is a My First I Can Read book, which means it's perfect for shared reading with a child.

Don't miss Pete's other adventures, including Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes, Pete the Cat: Rocking in M
Published February 26th 2013 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Pete's Big Lunch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete's Big Lunch

Sophia Triad
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
What can your child learn from this book?

Being creative. What kind of food can you fit inside a sandwich?
Getting perspective. How many things can you actually fit inside a sandwich?
Learning her/his limits. Can I really eat this huge sandwich all by myself?
Acknowledging his/her friends. Are there actually people out there that they would like to eat a sandwich with me?
Appreciating sharing. Will I make my friends happy if I share my sandwich with them?

I believe this little, sweet, educative, funny
Joood Hooligan
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review by my 5 year old:

I liked it because he couldn't fit all the lunch in his mouth, so he called his friends so they could eat with him. It is good to share, and it makes everyone happy.
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it

I know I have shouted out by love of Pete the Cat before, but I just can’t help myself. I LOVE Pete! His blue, true, laid-back ways always make me smile.

A new “I Can Read!” series with Pete captures all the energy, warmth, and fun of his picture books in big, clear, simple words for readers just starting their journey into the magical world of words.

Pete sets out to make a sandwich with pickles, cheese, eggs, hot dogs, and a can of beans! Haha…What? It could be yummy. :D But as the layers of fo
Mya
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really nice story. I really like how they snuck the lesson in at the end.
Michael Sedor
Sep 06, 2015 rated it liked it
bacchanalian refrigerator raiding is exactly what will happen when the cats take over
Zoey
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was funniest book EVER!
Mary
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My girls and I love Pete the Cat. In this adventure, great to read to emerging readers, Pete tries to make himself a sandwich. He adds all of his favorite things, but before too long, Pete realizes this sandwich is WAY too big for him. So, he invites his friends over to share his big lunch. Everyone has a great meal, and a great time, and thanks Pete for sharing.

My daughter chose this book as her prize at Barnes and Noble for reading over the summer break. It's a paperback, short and sweet. Th
Caryn Caldwell
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-readers
Pete the cat is hungry, so he decides to make a sandwich, but when he starts building it he simply can't stop. Pretty soon his sandwich is way too big for him to eat alone, so he invites all his friends to join him for lunch. After all, as he says, "Sharing is cool."

This is a fun, silly tale with a nice message about sharing at the end. Many students will enjoy watching Pete's absurd sandwich grow out of control -- way too big for one cat to eat.

Please note: Although this book is billed as an ea
Kaylin and Liam
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LIAM'S REVIEW (7 years old)
This book is so cool. I saw the dog still have a cracker! lol I think everyone should read it.
midnightfaerie
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Our family loves pete the cat. My 5 yr old is taking a pete the cat class at the library next week. We can't wait! Even my 2 yr olds love these stories! And the illustrations are excellent!
Ashley
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's the first learn-to-read book my preschooler actually showed interest in. For that, 5 stars.
Pete Ford
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Don't judge me, it was a gift and it counts. :-)
A Allen
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is just a silly story about Pete making a huge sandwich with odd ingredients because the sandwich is "missing something" only to discover in the end that it is too big to eat alone. Pete then invites all his friends over to share his lunch. It is cute that Pete invites all his friends over in the end (and my students love that Pete is friends with a dog), but this sort of silliness just isn't for me. I read this story because my students enjoy the silliness of making such a ridiculous sandw ...more
Rachel Herrington
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Pete the Cat takes us on another adventure as he decides what to eat for lunch. Pete is very hungry, so he decides on making a sandwich. First, he gets bread, a fish, a tomato, and mayo. His sandwich is still too small though, so he adds more and more ingredients, until finally, his sandwich is too big! What will Pete do with a sandwich that is just too big for him to eat? This fun book teaches kids about sharing. It also has good repetition to create a better understanding of the meaning of the ...more
Suzannah Thompson
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pete takes the reader on an adventure through lunch - an event to which all children can relate. Pete assembles contents of his refrigerator into a silly sandwich.

This book is great. The colorful, simple illustrations hold kids' attention. The story is just silly enough to keep them engaged.

I would use this book in therapy to assess several different phonemes. Also, it's an easy way to look at how the child handles books physically. It also allows me, as a clinician, to see if the client underst
Katie Ellsworth
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute book for sharing. My daughter loves to read the Pete the Cat books and has ever since she was a baby. This would be an easy book to use in the classroom to teach the children the benefits of sharing and how to share. Very colorful and creative so also very appealing to the children eye.
Kristin Fisher
This is a good book for beginning readers, as the illustrations show exactly what the text is saying. A lot of the words repeat throughout the story and the sentences are simple. Good book to use to teach students about the different punctuations and how to change your tone when reading sentences that end in different punctuation.
Meg McGregor
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lexi-victoria
The girls and I simply loved this story!

Pete can really eat!

On his sandwich he piled on....

a yummy fish, tomato, mayo, an apple, crackers, a pickle, cheese, an egg, two hot dogs, a banana, and a can of beans!

Wisely, he decides he can't eat all this, by himself!

So Pete invites his friends to help him eat his sandwich!

After all,"Sharing is cool!"
Wolfgang
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There’s a lot of differences between this PTC story and the other PTC stories. There are like, no similarities. I love that.
I liked this book a lot. I already know how to share and I don’t really like to and I don’t really have to that often.
Jalapeño Party
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Cara
My son read this as part of his AR reading at school.
Pete the Cat is super hungry and keeps piling on food until he finally admits he can't he all that food. Solution? He calls his friends and shares his big lunch.
Danielle Purlee
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a picture story book (fiction) that would be good for beginning readers so kindergarten and first grade. One unique feature about this book is that there are a lot of pictures that the students can use to figure out what each word might be.
Leigh Triplett
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pete-the-cat
This book encourages children to share throughout the story. Pete makes a giant sandwich while he is hungry but realizes it is too big for him to eat all alone. The pictures are colorful and entertaining to look at.
Carly
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-kinder
Young kids love all the random things Pete puts in his lunch!
Joe Loncarich
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yo, seriously, you gotta see this lunch.
Jc
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pete the cat enjoys the feeling of sharing his very big lunch with his friends.
Miss Sarah
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Pete has made too much for lunch what should he do? nice lunch options and sharing themese. toddler and up
Rungano Mashapure
Great for budding readers

My kids love Pete the cat! It's a great series and helped my daughter get get more comfortable with reading.
Marta Pereira

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Eric Litwin? 1 1 May 24, 2013 04:01PM

• Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • Penny and Her Doll
  • There's a Fly Guy in My Soup (Fly Guy, #12)
  • Benjamin Bear in Bright Ideas
  • Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
  • A Big Guy Took My Ball! (Elephant & Piggie, #19)
  • Splat the Cat with a Bang and a Clang
  • Going to the Firehouse
  • Charlie the Ranch Dog: Where's the Bacon?
  • Good Night, Good Knight
  • A Pig, a Fox, and a Box

Pete the Cat: I Can Read! (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Play Ball! (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach
  • Pete the Cat: Scuba-Cat
  • Pete the Cat: A Pet for Pete
  • Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • Pete the Cat's Train Trip
  • Pete the Cat and the Lost Tooth (My First I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat: Snow Daze