Start by marking “Love Wins: Teen Edition” as Want to Read:
Love Wins: Teen Edition

Love Wins: Teen Edition

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  113 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
If God were throwing a party, would everyone be invited?

Or does God invite some and not others?

And if so, how does God decide?

Is it what you say?Is it what you do?Is it what you're going to do?Is it who your friends are?Or what your friends do?Or what religion you happened to be born into?Or where you live, or what you look like, or what you believe?

What if the idea of hea
Published March 5th 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Love Wins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Wins

Jonathan
Sep 19, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Jonathan by: Dollar Tree
My thoughts after reading Rob Bell's Love Wins For Teens. I do not recommend reading it. He is good at writing and engaging you thoughts and all. I like a lot of what he says when he comments on the parable of the prodigal son, but I believe he twists the scripture at the end. Also if your goal is relating to teens you could gain some tips, but over all it is more a waste of time. He uses inappropriate language which points to the flaws of the book. If you not careful you can gain inappropriate ...more
Karla Owen foisy
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have a counseling client who struggles with daily anxiety, because she has been taught "Believe, or go to hell." There is no room for doubts, questions, uncertainty. This book gives teens the freedom to have questions, to challenge what they've been taught, to make their faith their own without worrying about suffering eternal torment for doing so.

Rob Bell gives the alternative message to "Believe or burn." His message is this, in summary: Jesus died so we can have life. Figure out who He mad
Anita
May 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book had some good points but more than once I wanted to throw it across the room. Rob Bell has a distorted view of heaven and hell.
Steve
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
some interesting musings and less talked about theology that inspires questions and growth.
Sara Patterson
This book is very good for the average teen who doesn't have very much, if any, exposure to the Bible or Christianity. For more seasoned kids who have grown up in church and know their Bibles well, this will not be interesting or helpful imo. I do love Rob Bell, and I think this book is great for newbies, but maybe not for the goody 2 shoes.
Diane Ferbrache
Rob Bell is the founding pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church in Grand Rapids, MI. He has written a couple of books for adults, including Love Wins, subtitled "A Book about Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person who Ever Lived." This is the teen version of that book. He has broken down his philosophy into short chapters and each chapter is then organized in brief paragraphs that are almost like bullet points.
Bell has written a book that is sure to stir controversy among traditional, conservat
Abby
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read and now reading with our kids. So hopeful and good.
Malinda
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rob Bell goes right to the heart of the Christian message - hell, heaven, and the fate of everyone who ever lived - and blows traditional, fundamental theology out of the water. He is certainly not alone in his views, which are supported by countless other theologians, Christians, and contemplatives, but he presents them in a conversational way that makes deep theology seem like a chat over coffee. At the heart of his book is the deep love that God has for each and every person on earth.
Rachel Lloyd
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book to read with the teenager in your life. My favorite quote: "Yes there is water for that thirst, food for that hunger, light for that darkness, relief for that burden. If we want heaven or if we want hell, God says yes, you can have what you want. That's how love works. It can't be forced, manipulated or coerced. It always leaves room for the other to decide. And so, the one absolute we know for sure about the fate of every single person in the world is that love wins."
Emma
May 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who have lots of questions about heaven and hell.
Recommended to Emma by: Olivia
For the most part this book was pretty good. Although I do have to say I felt at times that Rob Bell was specking out of two sides of his mouth. He'd answer one question one way and then give a different opinion of the same thing in the next question.
Other then that it brought up some great points for me to think about!
Anna-rosethewains.co.uk
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-this-year
Wow! All I can say is wow! This book is just amazing and has completely inspired me. It's so to the point and I love the metaphors he uses. As a fifteen year old Christian I would highly recommend this book to any teenager who has any interest in the Christian faith or at any stage of their spiritual journey. Got to say that Rob Bell is one of the best theologians I have ever come across!
Tami Chesnut
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked the way it describes Heaven and Hell as being right here and our choices are what put us and others in them.
Jim
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Much better than the adult book on love theology.
Xylina Lopez
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
I think everyone should read this book cause it makes u think questions that can be answered about god and heaven and hell
William
  • The Endless Practice: Becoming Who You Were Born to Be
  • Ben Franklin of Old Philadelphia
  • Thor Speaks!: A Guide to the Realms by the Norse God of Thunder
  • Behind Enemy Lines: True Stories of Amazing Courage
  • The Everything Kids' Science Experiments Book: Boil Ice, Float Water, Measure Gravity-Challenge the World Around You!
  • The Declaration of Independence and Other Great Documents of American History 1775-1865
  • The Wizard of Us: Transformational Lessons from Oz
  • Guinness World Records 2013
  • The Enneagram of Parenting: The 9 Types of Children and How to Raise Them Successfully
  • The Inescapable Love of God
  • Bushman Lives!
  • Happiness: Essential Mindfulness Practices
  • Escape!: The Story of the Great Houdini
  • Selling Water by the River: A Book about the Life Jesus Promised and the Religion That Gets in the Way
  • Red Prophet: The Tales of Alvin Maker Volume 2 (Graphic Novel)
  • The Genesis Debate
  • The Gospel of Thomas: New Perspectives on Jesus' Message (W/18-Page Supplement)
Rob Bell is a bestselling author, international teacher, and highly sought after public speaker. His books include The New York Times bestsellers What Is the Bible?, What We Talk About When We Talk About God, Love Wins, as well as The Zimzum of Love, Velvet Elvis, Sex God, Jesus Wants to Save Christians, and Drops Like Stars.

At age 28, Bell founded Mars Hill Bible Church in Michigan, and under hi

$12.99 $3.99
    $15.99 $2.99
  • By Myself and Then Some
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • Shakespeare Never Did This
    $6.99 $1.99
  • No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains
    $14.74 $1.99
  • The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Trusting God Day by Day: 365 Daily Devotions
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Founding Mothers
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation (Kindle Edition)
  • Ida: A Sword Among Lions
    $7.95 $2.49
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Life of Lobsters: How Fishermen and Scientists Are Unraveling the Mysteries of Our Favorite Crustacean
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Patriot: The Tangled Lives of William Tecumseh Sherman
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
  • The Reaper: Autobiography of One of the Deadliest Special Ops Snipers
  • SACRED JOURNEY OF THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR
    $9.32 $3.49
  • The Devil Soldier: The American Soldier of Fortune Who Became a God in China
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Ninety Percent of Everything: Inside Shipping, the Invisible Industry That Puts Clothes on Your Back, Gas in Your Car, and Food on Your Plate