Start by marking “True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)” as Want to Read:
True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)

True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  381 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Welcome to Valentine Valley, where tongues are wagging now that the town bad boy is back—and rumor has it the lean, mean ex-Marine is about to lose his heart! But like it or not, in a town like Valentine, love happens . . .

Adam Desantis is back—bruised, battle-weary and sexier than ever! Not that Brooke Thalberg is in the market. The beautiful cowgirl of Silver Creek Ranch
Published December 26th 2012 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about True Love at Silver Creek Ranch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Love at Silver Creek Ranch

Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted on Got Fiction? book blog

3.5

Brooke Thalberg is riding fence when she sees the smoke. Her barn is on fire and her only thought is to save the horses. A stranger is already in her barn freeing the horses when Brooke arrives, but it turns out he’s no stranger. He’s bad boy Adam DiSantos, back from the Marines.

Brooke and Adam both feel that attraction burning between them pretty much from the get-go, but both resolve to ignore it. When Adam gets hired on at her family’s ranch, it only
Barb
Welcome to Valentine Valley, where tongues are wagging now that the town bad boy is back--and rumor has it the lean, mean ex-Marine is about to lose his heart! But like it or not, in a town like Valentine, love happens . . .
Adam Desantis is back--bruised, battle-weary and sexier than ever! Not that Brooke Thalberg is in the market. The beautiful cowgirl of Silver Creek Ranch needs a cowboy for hire, not a boyfriend--though the gaggle of grandmas at the Widows' Boardinghouse thinks otherwise. But
Diana
Contemporary small town romance.

This is the second in a series of interconnected romances set in Valentine, Colorado. I did not read the first book and did not have any problem following the story or the characters.

This is a nice romance and I mean that in the best way. The romance is very sweet and mostly drama free, not a lot of tension, but a lot of warm feelings. If you like this type of story, you’re going to want to continue reading about the nice folks in Valentine.

The heroine, Brooke,
Janga
This is the second in Cane’s Valentine Valley series, following A Town Called Valentine (February 2012, Nate Thalberg and Emily Murphy’s story). For the first half of the story, I liked the town better than I did the romance. Brooke and Adam seemed likeable enough, but I didn’t feel as if I knew them well enough to be fully engaged with their story—not even enough to believe strongly that they belonged together anywhere outside Adam’s bed. The characters became more fully dimensional by the seco ...more
Susan
Good book. I really liked both Brooke and Adam. Brooke is happy working her family's ranch and is very good at what she does. Working with her two brothers she has to be strong and pretty forceful to hold her own with them. When Adam shows up just in time to help her rescue some horses from a burning barn she is happy to see him, but not expecting the shot of attraction she feels. She remembers him from high school when he was pretty full of himself and doesn't expect him to have changed. When h ...more
Sharon Chance
Although this story is set during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, it is still the perfect read for Valentine's Day! Emma Cane once again takes her readers to the charming town of Valentine Valley, where romance is always in the air and where love reigns!

I enjoyed this second book in Emma's series (her first book was "A Town Called Valentine"), and loved that she focused this story on Brooke, the sister of the hero of the first novel. Keeps it all in the family! The setting of the novel
Merceda
Amber
I loved that there was not just one story line going on and that you could really connect with all of the characters. I did laugh and cry.

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Lyndi
The problem I have with this type of review is that I don't really have any worthwhile complaints and I'm not good at putting my finger on why I like a story. Or why it's a good story. I'm sooo good at pointing out what I hated. So good.

This isn't my favorite type of book, the light and fluffy romance. But this was believable and fun. I got to spend a few hours in somebody else's life during an exciting time and the author did a nice job of giving me sweet and romantic without being sappy and cl
Lover of Romance

Adam Desantis, grew up in Valentine Valley, played football in high school, and was a bad boy at times. At eighteen years old, he joined the marines, and now he is back, visiting his grandmother whom he believes has health problems. Brooke Thalberg, sees Adam again, when he helps her save horses from a barn fire, and her family offers him a job on the ranch. Brooke finds Adam delicious, but has no interest in a relationship. But when Brook and Adam share a passionate embrace, she can't resist th
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Brooke Thalberg is too busy helping her father and brothers run the Silver Creek Ranch to worry about a silly thing like love. Lately, though, she feels like there is something missing in the life she shares with her close-knit family. But it will take a barn fire to shake her from her comfort zone, to say nothing of the handsome stranger who rescues her beloved horses.

Adam Desantis knows better than anyone else that you cannot reclaim the past. In this case, he does not even care to try. He is
Sandy M
I’ve been in the mood for cowboys lately, so combine that with a new-to-me author who writes darned sexy cowboys, I ended up with a fun and very heart-warming story.

Besides our sexy hero, Adam, what I enjoy about this book is the sense of family. Adam and Brooke come from opposite poles when it comes to family life. Brooke has two brothers who tease with her as siblings are wont to do and her parents have raised their children with love, taught them how to work hard, support each other, play, an
Dorine
4.5 Rating

If you love small town romances with some naughty nuances then Brooke and Adam’s story will entertain you. Brooke’s cowgirl toughness is well-matched with Adam’s ex-Marine silence to add some fireworks you hope will be their happy-ever-after.

Brooke Thalberg is happiest working alongside her brothers on their ranch, facing the harsh winters and long hours with every bit of the energy and confidence of a man. Oh sure, she likes girly things and she can clean up real nice, but when it com
LilyElement
Brooke Thalberg doesn't have time to search for love. She works hard doing the everyday chores on her family's ranch and never gets a day off. Brooke is a relatable character that I think most women will be able to connect with, I know I did. Like a lot of women out there she just doesn't have the time to look for a relationship due to the amount of time she puts into her job.

When an ex-Marine returns to Valentine Valley to watch after his ailing grandmother, he quickly gets a job at Silver Cree
Jessica
As a lover of Lavyrle Spencer novels but a great disliker of Nora Roberts' work, I wasn't sure how I would feel about True Love At Silver Creek Ranch. I'll tell you how I feel about it: LOVE.

Instead of being 100% romance (which I'm not so fond of), there's a story within these pages that- believe it or not- is more than just about a boy and a girl and some steamy moments. This is the story of the small town, Valentine Valley. It's a quintessential small town where everybody knows everything abou
Emma
The Love at Silver Creek Ranch was a very cute story and I'm glad I was given the opportunity to read it. The love story was slow and sweet. There weren't any major issues to overcome for Brooke and Adam. Sure Adam came with emotional baggage, but he's one of these very mature and straightforward heroes and didn't create any heart-ache for his heroine. The Colorado setting was really perfect for this kind of romance. I also enjoyed the set of secondary characters very much. Especially Monica, I ...more
Kathy Altman
With a catchy hearts-and-flowers name like Valentine Valley, it's no surprise that Emma Cane's Colorado town caters to lovers — and to romance readers, as well. Through a heart-stirring storyline and an entertaining array of relatable characters, Cane shows that Valentine offers more than the usual small-town charm — it's a haven for healing, a safe place to start over and a wellspring of well-meaning widows whose antics are as amusing as they are touching.

Cane addresses some sober issues (multi
Miscjoy
This is a slow-moving slice-of-life contemporary Romance set in the small mountain town of Valentine. It has everything going for it that I enjoy: mountains, ranches, horses, strong female characters, attractive war-weary veteran male lead all wrapped up in a small town vibe. The story itself has some sweet ancillary elements to it that hang out in the background: community efforts to support veterans, a troubled teen who needs some guidance, a group of feisty Grandmas (“the Widows”), a business ...more
Jean Tallman
Brooke Thalberg has always been the cowgirl next door. She takes her responsibilities on the family ranch very seriously. When Adam Desantis, the town bad boy, arrives back into town and becomes her employee (GASP), she knows that any relationship between them is completely off the table.

But as in all good romances, these two just can't resist. They have a "secret romance" that everyone seems to know about (isn't that always how it is).

While I liked this book, if I had to read one more time th
Aleksandra Branka
SOMETIMES I WISH I WAS IN VALENTINE VALLY

Just lovely story. Most important that it ended well. And not for Brooke and Adam, only. I laughed, I worry, and I knew that it all will turn right at the end. Wonderful reading for those that like romance books.
Jan Mcleod
Good story set in the mountains of Colorado on a ranch. It has strong characters who are family and community orientated, but romantic, sexy and humorous. Gotta love the vivacious widows from the Widows Boardinghouse!!
Hard to put this one down.
Rachael Ruddick
I liked the book. I was a bit ho hum when I started it but quickly got into it. Would read more in this series for a nice sweet read.
Yekaterina
Brooke is a 28 year old with set goals and morals until Adam walks into her life. Adam was the bad bot in highschool but going into the marines clearly changed him. Brooke, her family and the whole town are highly impressed by the man Adam has become. Adam uses his past and recent heart ache to help mentor a teenager in town, Tyler. Obviously Brooke and Adam have a little something going on.
This is a really cute book. It's different then the typical romance. There's more plot and less corniness
Lorelei Frank
sweet love story between Adam and Brooke. I've now read the whole series and enjoyed all of it.
Katina
funny and romantic made a great book cant wait to get the rest of the series
Lisa Becker
Take a girl who is just realizing that her life has no direction add in a barn fire and a sexy stranger who helps her get the horses to safety and you get the jolt she needs to start living her life. The story is great as it deals with a woman trying to find herself in the middle of a loving family and a broken Marine trying to find himself after the horrors of war. The manage to help each other and form a close relationship as the town works its magic. A must read for Emma Cane fans or anyone w ...more
Orla
Another winner from Emma Cane.
Virginia
Best of the series so far. Cozy everything is alright romance candy.
Jen Rowan
I blew through the second book in the Valentine Valley series in just a couple days. I couldn't put it down! With a combination of seriousness and lighthearted humor, Emma Cane tells an engaging love story of two people, both a little lost, finding themselves as they find each other. And I think Adam is one of the best written contemporary romance heroes I've read in a long time - I'd snatch him up myself if he was real (and I wasn't already married)!
Kathy
True Love at Silver Creek Ranch, the second installment in Emma Cane’s Valentine Valley series, is a sweet romance with engaging and likeable characters. Strong family ties and a small town setting add to this delightful novel’s appeal. To read my review in its entirety, please click HERE.
  • All Out of Love (Cupid, Texas, #2)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Sage Creek (Lonesome Way #1)
  • Pitch Perfect (Cricket Creek, #3)
  • Redemption
  • A Willow Creek Christmas (Willow Creek, #6)
  • Sweet Laurel Falls (Hope's Crossing, #3)
  • Wyoming Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #2)
  • Something Sweeter (Sweet, Texas, #3)
  • When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)
  • Love Finds You in Sundance, Wyoming
  • When Love Comes (Night Riders, #5)
  • Cowboy Take Me Away (Rainbow Valley, #1)
  • Moonshell Beach (Shelter Bay, #4)
  • The Sweet Spot (Sweet on a Cowboy, #1)
  • Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)
Emma Cane grew up reading and soon discovered that she liked to write passionate stories of teenagers in space. Her love of “passionate stories” has never gone away, although today she concentrates on the heartwarming characters of Valentine Valley, her fictional small town in the Colorado Rockies.

Now that her three children are grown, Emma loves spending time crocheting and singing (although not
More about Emma Cane...

Valentine Valley (7 books)
  • A Town Called Valentine (Valentine Valley #1)
  • The Cowboy of Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #3)
  • A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
  • When the Rancher Came to Town (Valentine Valley, #4.5)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Ever After at Sweetheart Ranch (Valentine Valley, #6)
A Town Called Valentine (Valentine Valley #1) The Cowboy of Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #3) A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4) A Wedding in Valentine (Valentine Valley, #1.5) Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)