Start by marking “Biscuit in the Garden” as Want to Read:
Biscuit in the Garden

Biscuit in the Garden

(Biscuit)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  234 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Biscuit is excited to explore the garden. From the prettiest flowers to the smallest bugs, there's so much to see. And the little puppy even finds his own special way to add to the garden's bounty!

With gentle humor and a sweet surprise, Alyssa Satin Capucilli and Pat Schories invite emergent readers to enjoy discovering the garden with Biscuit.
Published February 19th 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Biscuit in the Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biscuit in the Garden

Margaret Chind
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Margaret by: Edelweiss
This is a beautiful Biscuit book! We love our Level My First Biscuit books, they are probably the first ones we fell in love with. Every single illustration in this book is lovely and full of pastel and vibrant spring colors. It's a perfect read for just starting with things to bloom. It is also fun, with the typical Woof Woof Biscuit conversation that sent both of my girls into echoes and giggles. The other fun thing about this one is all the birds through out. Plenty to provide counting practi ...more
Mary Sutterluety
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beginning Reader Picture Book

Absolutely my four year old's favorite of the Biscuit series! We have dogs who dig in the garden, knock over bags of bird food, and demand immediate attention--just like Biscuit! We love ending the day reading about Biscuit's adventures! Even more enjoyable-she is now able to identify some of the words!
Brittany Perry
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my son loved it. He just stared at the colors and especially the birds. He loves the noises of Biscuit and all his friends, the tweets in this one made him smile. Great book for toddlers I think.
Kimberlee Gutterman
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
This book is a part of the I Can Read collection which is a series of transitional books. Transitional books are great for early readers or children with no reading experience because the text is simple and there are very few words to a page with large, basic illustrations. For each exciting thing the girl points out in the garden, Biscuit answers with a “Woof! Woof!” Once birds are introduced, there’s a cacophony of tweets to add to the woofs. Emergent readers will have fun with these sound wor ...more
Becky B
Biscuit and his little girl are working in the garden. They see several critters, and when Biscuit "helps" with the bird seed, they see lots of birds.

Ahh, Biscuit, what a very believable puppy you are. Bird lovers should enjoy the results of his mess. Gardeners will likely cringe. Nice, simple text for beginning readers.
Joy Keil
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clara
Sweet books. Cute, fun pictures. My daughter really enjoys them, and they are ok to read outloud...I don't read all of the "woofs". ;)
Danette
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
6/27/18 Read with Julia & Simon
Viviane Elbee
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Beginner readers who love Biscuit the dog, birds & gardens will enjoy this tale.
Theodore
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Theo
Alicia
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Read these books when I was in Kindergarten! I am excied that I am able to share these stories with my little nephew during his bedtime story time.
Elizabeth
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the Biscuit series for young children, I think these books are absolutely adorable, and have the cutest stories and illustrations. The Biscuit series is part of an "I Can Read" collection of books, which obviously is intended to help children read and develop their reading skills. The language is very, very simple, and the sentences are extremely short, offering children a chance to read with a great feeling of ease. These books are good for children ages 4-7, and keeps them in ...more
Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee
~ borrowed from Library

BISCUIT IN THE GARDEN is a sweet little book at the late Kindergarten Reading Level.

It's time to spend some time in the garden and Biscuit discovers a butterfly, a worm, birds and birdseed. I wish that the artwork showed the girl doing gardening activities but it doesn't. Instead it's more about feeding the birds and what's nice is that some of them are accurately portrayed so that you can name them. There's a Cardinal, Chickadee, and Blue Jay you can point out. Plus a B
Kay Mcgriff
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Biscuit is a new character to me, but he must be popular with my neighbor since I found several books about Biscuit in the library bag. The simple, repetitive text is perfect for beginning readers to join in with the reading. The bright illustrations are delightful. Biscuit is so cute, it’s hard to stay mad even when he gets into the birdseed and makes a mess in the garden. This book invites discovery and surprise as Biscuit explores flowers and bugs and birds in the garden. The next step will b ...more
Meg McGregor
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Biscuit is one of the literary world's cutest puppies!

In this adventure his loving owner teaches him about all the wonderful plants and flowers that can be found in a garden!

And of course, being Biscuit, he always has time to make new friend. Of course, he gets into some mischief, by getting into the bird seed which in turn, brings lots of new friends for him to meet!

I have been reading this series of books to more than 15 different little ones in my care and I still enjoy reading them every tim
Samantha
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dogs, easy-reader, gardens
Biscuit's helping out in the garden and finds a butterfly, worm, and a bird. She finds out that bird seed is a tasty treat and more and more birds visit the garden.

I LOVE the picture of Biscuit after she pulls her head out of the bird seed bag and seeds are stuck to her nose. So cute! Most Biscuit books are just okay for me, but I think this one will be of use to preschool and daycare teachers working on spring or gardening units in their classrooms.
Heidi
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When asked why five stars, I was given the answer "because it's the best!" Well, we do enjoy the Biscuit series. This is a cute one involving seeing things in the garden, and an "accident" (mischievous/inquisitive puppy) with the bird seed. Quick and easy reader, with repetition and simple words and concepts.
Christina Swain
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Join Biscuit as he explores through the garden with friends! As he explores he sees many exciting features such as pretty flowers and bugs! This easy to follow text offer children to use their prior knowledge skills as they flip through the pages and see some of the many things that they would see in real life gardens.
Alexandria
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Cute illustrations, easy-to-read sentences, and a simple plot all combine to make this a good book for a child to try and read on their own. It will be a bit of a bore for the adult reading along with them, but there are worse things to be suffered for the sake of a child's education.
Travis Morgan
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: eec-405, module-1
This book is about a puppy who explores a garden with friends. This book would be great to incorporate when learning about flowers, gardens, and bugs. With this, students are able to apply their prior knowledge skills and apply the information to real life.
Rosa Cline
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, spring, 2014, 2017
Biscuit books are always very simple to follow and illustrations always very well done. In this Biscuit book he learns about flowers in the garden along with worms and other things.
Tori
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a good book for kindergarteners to read. The sentences are very simple and it has a very basic story line.
Heather Jo
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: meggie-list
Jill
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-reader
Biscuit books are keepers!
PWRL
Apr 29, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Him
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
filled the garden with birds^_^
Melainebooks
Bonne permière lecture à faire en anglais sur biscuit, le chien, découvrant le jardin.
Aaliyah
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aaliyah LOVES the Biscuit series! :)
Brooke
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Biscuit. The amount of visitors in this one. I wish I had a little Biscuit at home... sometimes.
Aiden Parker
Jan 09, 2018
Ball Family
Sep 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Pinkalicious: Fairy House
  • Amelia Bedelia Hits the Trail
  • Splat the Cat with a Bang and a Clang
  • Fancy Nancy: Apples Galore!
  • Mittens
  • Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Drop It, Rocket!
  • Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • Angelina Ice Skates
  • Charlie the Ranch Dog: Where's the Bacon?
  • The Easter Egg
  • The Pout-Pout Fish Goes to School
  • Diary of a Worm: Teacher's Pet
  • The Meanest Birthday Girl
Alyssa Satin Capucilli was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1957. She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College, and pursued her interest in dance, becoming a professional dancer and dance instructor. Though Capucilli had written stories, poems, and even puppet shows as a child, she didn't consider a career as a writer until after her own two children were born. To this day she sees herself as both a da ...more

Biscuit (1 - 10 of 73 books)
  • Biscuit
  • Biscuit Wants to Play
  • Biscuit and the Baby
  • Biscuit's New Trick
  • Biscuit Wins a Prize
  • Happy Halloween, Biscuit!