Start by marking “Her Fake Romance” as Want to Read:
Her Fake Romance

Her Fake Romance

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  167 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Mom, get a life!

Her teenage daughter's words were daunting. True, struggling single mom Julia Jones hadn't had a date in over a decade, but she could still catch a man – if she needed to! So Julia, who claimed not to want a husband, found herself entangled in a fake romance.

Ryan Shane was tall, dark, and devastatingly handsome. And he just so happened to need a no-strings
Published August 8th 2012 by Hard Knocks Books

To ask other readers questions about Her Fake Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Fake Romance

Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewd by: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

This book was gorgeous! A very delicious plot if I may say so with BONUS recipes ! Imagine having your daughter tell you that you need to get a life so you go the extra step and get yourself a fake date.

Ryan and Julia both needed fake dates but boy oh boy does it get just a little more than hot when they share a connection so passionate that neither one can resist, nor do they really want to give in to it after all this is supposed to be fake right?

Th
M.A. Comley
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm one of Donna Fasano's greatest fans after discovering her books with Harlequin years ago. I have to say this book goes down as one of my favourites.

Right from the moment they meet, a half-naked Ryan and Julia have a sexual tension between them that I swear made my Kindle spark at times.

Both of them are adamant they'll never get involved in a relationship again.

But personal circumstances intervene and to overcome them, Ryan and Julia embark on a Fake Romance.

Romance at it's best from the quee
Jeannie Zelos
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Her Fake Romance. Donna Fasano.

ARC supplied via Netgalley.
I knew I'd enjoy this book if it was typical of Donna's work, – she's one of the authors that write romance that feature people older than teens and early 20's. Sometimes it seems to me that anyone over twenty five is dead as far as romance writers are concerned, – and its just not so. While I enjoy the uni/college age romances I also want some with older characters, people I can identify with and Donna does that.
Anyway, here we have Ju
Susie
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2012
This review can be found on my blog: http://susreviews.blogspot.com/2012/1...

The last thing Julia Jones, single mom and caterer, was looking for was a boyfriend. Newly arrived in town, Ryan Shane doesn't want a girlfriend, but he needs a date to shield him from an overly friendly woman who want take no for an answer. So when Julia's teenage daughter accuses her of not having any fun and Ryan calls to ask her to be his date, she jumps at the chance. The two of them come to an agreement:
April
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

This is a really interesting modern romance. Julia is young single mother, not something I readily relate to, but I decided to try it out anyway.

Most of the time I liked Julia, she is energetic and fun, things I like. I thought she was a touch too interested in making sure her daughter is her friend. While I am not a parent, I do work with teens and know there are times when you have to be strict and deal with the consequences. Her parenti
Helena
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Julia is a total helicopter mama, arguing with her daughter about dating and massively worried about boys in general. She would rather her teenage daughter go back to the "cute" years, putting her back in a tutu with mama adoration glistening in her eyes.

After her daughter sneaks out to date a boy, Julia hears a rough critique of her life from a 14 year old girl. She's a boring workaholic. She works nearly constantly and doesn't know how to have fun in the eyes of a high school freshman. If not
Diana Hockley
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it

I am sure that many authors do not realise the impact of a title and how important it is to attract readers. The cover and the title are the first shot in the author's quiver, followed by the clincher - the synopsis! I am not sure how I got this book on my kindle - I think it was a freebie at the time - and I have to say that, for me, the title (though not the cover) sucks. "Her Fake Romance" feels clunky and awkward, definitely not reflecting the quality of the contents, so I was pleasantly sur
Linda
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Big Al's Books and Pals review blog on August 27, 2012

This author always has a wonderful way to bring her characters together. This one was HOT, and the sexual tension starts at the very beginning and never lets up. She offers the perfect balance of narrative, description and dialogue in this character driven story. I love the way she allows us into Julia and Ryan's thoughts, both trying to protect their hearts for different reasons.

Cherry, the gold digger, a
Gaele
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Audio Book Review:

The narration provided by Christa G. Lewis is near perfect, with a touch of “annoying teen squeak” when portraying Kelli, and a clear and subtle distinction in cadence and tone for all of the other characters. A character driven story, Donna Fasano has again managed to present a story that maintains a romance in a convincing way, while allowing for the chaos and discord that family, and particularly children, can bring to the table. The never ending sexual tension that starts
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
whats this book is about, Julia is in away running from her past but also trying to protect her daughter from her own mistakes. She is also trying to run a catering company with a good friend. When she meets Ryan who makes her feel and it scares her, will she be able to get over the past before she looses the feature? In the mean time Ryan is a high divorce attorney or has no desire to ever have a relationship, he moves in with his cousin Charlotte in a new city and he starts his own practice wi ...more
Rose Love
Apr 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
***I was given an ARC in exchange for a honest review***

I liked the story, I felt the chemistry between Ryan and Julia could have been better.

Julia is a single mom. She owns and runs a catering business with Ryan's cousin.

Ryan is a lawyer and has just moved into town. Living with his cousin until he finds a place.

Julia's daughter's wants her to find a man. Ryan is being hunted by a man eater. Ryan reaches out to Julia to help him with a dinner meeting.

They cook up a plan to tell others they
Paula
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Her Fake Romance by Donna Fasano is a light romantic comedy that hit the spot for me. I truly enjoyed this I’ll-help-you, you-help-me to friendship to love romance. Julia is the perfect blend of conflicted parent and one who wants her teenage daughter to like her. Been there done that. Ryan was a little harder to identify with but he is a likable character. Seeing into the main character’s thoughts and emotions was insightful and well crafted. In addition, Kelly, the daughter, could have stolen ...more
Tonja Drecker
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was in the mood for a light-hearted, romantic read, and this fit the bill perfectly.

Julia is a woman who throws herself into her business, a catering service, and raises her teenage girl on the side. Her determination sometimes gets the best of her, but her ability to quickly adapt makes her easy to cheer for. I especially enjoyed her exchanges with her teenage daughter and found their relationship pretty realistic.

The tension between Julia and Ryan is well done. Although sparks start to fly
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This was one of those realistic stories of two people not wanting to have a real relationship with anyone, but strike a bargain to pretend to solve their own personal problems outside of the relationship.

Julia has a daughter she's fighting with, who thinks she is a workaholic & has no fun, therefore she cannot relate to her daughter. She goes along with Ryan's idea of a fake romance that will not only help Ryan ward off an over anxious admirer.

This is a good light romance that deals with the
Karen (Kew)
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Donna Fasano is an author that I have discovered since I got my kindle. I have now read all of her books which are on kindle, and this is her latest novel to become available. I always enjoy her books and this one is no exception. Well-written, with likeable characters (I particulary loved the teenage daughter) and very enjoyable escapism. Her characters have a bit more depth than is usual in romantic novels; in this book I found it intriguing to gradually discover just why Julia is so reserved. ...more
Faye
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Julia tries to keep the story of her past from her teenage daughter. She has a fake romance to impress her daughter. Eventually she reveals all to her daughter. She also realizes she has fallen in love instead of having a fake romance. The characters are interesting and you want to cheer for each of them, with the exception of one really unlikeable woman.
It was easy to give this four stars. it was a quick book with a happy ending. Sometimes that is just what I need.
I have read another book by t
Kimberly
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
another Donna Fasano masterpiece!!

Julia doesn't want a boyfriend and Ryan doesn't want a girlfriend, so they each rely on each other and come up with a "fake relationship" to show the town they are in love and are not available to others. It works with Julia's daughter and mends fences at home. And all's well with Ryan at work with a colleague's daughter, she got the message and her father isn't insulted.

What Ryan & Julia don't expect, is to develop feelings for each other.

A must read!!

**Was
Beyond the Pages
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Her Fake Romance was a pretty good read. The chemistry and tension between the two main characters worked. The mother- daughter growing pains came across well. The other woman angle was hot then cold; the dramatic turn did not translate well, in my opinion. It did not come across as authentically as the other transitions. Also, although I loved the happily ever after that came, the epilogue regarding the dad was a hard sell for me. I could say more, but I'll stop there.
Janet
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Every once in awhile it's nice to sit down with a traditional romance. You know, the kind where there isn't any huge drama or crisis, just humans being humans. I found Her Fake Romance to be a well plotted, well written romance with a sweet story, well drawn setting and really likeable characters. The happily ever after was satisfactory, and I consider my time reading it well spent.
* I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.
 Gigi Ann
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author, Donna Fasano. I wanted something light to read this evening, and this book hit the spot. It was a fast read, a delightfully fun and charming book to read. Even though it is quite predictable I still enjoyed it and found it quite entertaining. Like Julia, the protagonist in the story, I like to read a happily-ever-after romantic book once in a while, I call them my Cinderella books, and this one did not disappoint.
loves 2 read romance
Ryan is trying to dodge Cherry the daughter of a man he thinks of as a farther. Julia is trying to pacify her daughter and prove she can still have fun. The relationship may have started as a ruse for the people in their lives but become more. This is a great story about hope and trusting in another person. That you can find love and overcome the past.
Sofia Lazaridou
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The only thing that I can remember without a lot of effort about the book is the way Ryan looked the first time he and Julia met. Then some parts of the book come back to my mind. One of them is how much I hated the behaviour Kelly had. I wouldn't mind a book about Julian's friend. Other than that is your usual romance. No fireworks here.
Anima
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Ryan and Julia have entered a deal for a fake romance. He gets protection from a serial divorcee and she gets a fun relationship with her daughter. Of course feelings develop but it's the pain from her past holding them up. This was an enjoyable evening read. I was given a copy by Netgalley for an honest review.
WiLoveBooks
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fake romances can be fun. Neither Julia nor Ryan is interested in a relationship, but they both have their reasons for making a deal in which they pretend to be a couple. They were attracted to one another from the moment they met, but each has to get over their issues before they can move forward and have a real relationship. It is a sweet story with funny moments. I enjoyed it.
Anastasia
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Just OK for me. The storyline had potential but I didn't really connect with the characters. Felt Ryan was kind of wishy-washy for a hero and Julia was a bit stiff and testy. No chemistry.
Lori Kane
Mar 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute story, but not a favorite re-read for me.
Carmen DeSousa
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exactly what I expect of a sweet romance. Deliciously romantic, just the right amount of spice, and an HEA!
Nancy
Jun 04, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 99-e-books
176 pages
Just - The romance reader
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, kindle, lendle
A light and fairly short enjoyable read. I really enjoyed it!
Bette Stanek
Jun 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Sweet and predictable. No real surprises. Quick and easy which was what I was going for.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • An Accidental Family (Conveniently Wed,  #2)
  • Resurrecting Charlie's Girl
  • Best Laid Plans
  • Stud Finders Incorporated
  • Free Riders
  • Cooking For Cowboy
  • Ho, Humbug, Ho (Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • Not His Type (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Sink or Swim
  • Just Like Heaven (Jersey Strong #3)
  • Wendy and the Lost Boys (Wendy Darlin Tomb Raider #1)
  • Rescued by the Rancher
  • Faking Mr. Right
  • Double Dog Dare (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #8)
  • Rich Food Poor Food: Your Grocery Purchasing System
  • My Big Old Texas Heartache (Cedar Dell, #1)
  • Remix
  • Pinterest Savvy: How I Got 1 Million+ Followers (Strategies, Plans, and Tips to Grow Your Business with Pinterest)
Growing up the third child of five—yes, smack dab in the middle and the only girl to boot—Donna Fasano had no idea she would one day be a published author. Her story-telling talents came to light when she conjured lively and elaborate tales of pure blarney (yes, she has a bit of Irish in her blood) for, first, her youngest brother, and years later, her children.

Donna sold her first manuscript in 1
More about Donna Fasano...