Start by marking “The Sity (The Sity, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sity (The Sity, #1)

The Sity (The Sity #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
The sounds could only mean one thing... They are coming for me...

Victor's memory has been damaged from months of torture and enslavement. There's one thing they can't steal from him...the hope of finding his lost family. Carina is haunted by strange visions and the symbols etched into her skin. She will stop at nothing to discover her true identity.

In this tale of survival
Published December 24th 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published July 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Sity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sity

Christie
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Simon Okill
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Sity by Curran Geist is an outstanding futuristic scifi thriller oozing with style and menace. I was impressed with the writing style that gripped me from the awesome opening chapter that was intense to say the least. I love this book and will read more from this author.
Humans have become slaves in a carnival run by three vicious aliens. There is little chance of escape and hopes have died long ago. Life for humanity is harsh and gruesome until two find a way to strike back.
Carina and Victor
Jaime Buncie
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well written, thought provoking. Different than most of the dystopian books out there, there's aliens. Nice twist!!! Aliens are usually pretty good for adding that "one" element, if they are used properly. Curran Geist did just that. Thank you for putting this book out there.
Patricia Hamill
The Sity is edgy and action packed.

The story opens with Victor, who discovers he possesses a superhuman power fueled by rage. He escapes from an alien-run freak show into the sinister Sity. Memory wiped, only faint impressions of his mother and sister remain, but he's certain that they are still in the clutches of the evil alien, Zaku. Victor vows to exact revenge on Zaku and rescue his family.

Carina, a young girl who lives on the streets of the Sity, comes across a fight in a dark alley and rus
Sunshine Somerville
Oct 11, 2013 rated it liked it
First of all, I think this would make a great graphic novel. The action is fantastic, and the descriptions of the aliens, the weapons, the carnivorous critters, and the Sity itself is very visually oriented. The characters are pretty great too, and there is a nice ratio of male to female characters that you don't see in a lot of sci-fi. The plot develops in a really cool way with twist after twist, and I loved the way all of the characters are shown to connect so that their individual story line ...more
Rebecca
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review and my initial feel for the story was intrigue with a dose of disorientation. I really was drawn to the grit and dirt and the concept of a human race reduced to ashes beneath the oppressive weight of an alien species. A repulsive, depraved alien species. It seems that the aliens have enslaved humans for their brutal entertainment and no homo sapien is safe. If you can find any still alive inside the Sity.

We meet Victor first, a
Brandy Nacole
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
Sci-Fi lovers grab your Kindles, order a paperback, either way don't miss your chance to get your copy of The Sity, and be ready for a thrilling, gory, never let you go story.

Curran has developed quite the original and grasping dystopian story.

The story starts off with Victor, a captive held by an alien race but who soon discovers he has powers he didn't know he had. Victor escapes into the Sity with no real memory of who he is. The one thing he is certain about, his family is still being held c
Demelza Carlton
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
The story in this book is brilliant - an incredible start to the series. The action, the characters, the byplay between two races trying to cohabit, while the worst of one tortures the other...absolutely brilliant. It reminded me of some of Octavia E. Butler's work, especially her Xenogenesis series.

I'd happily give the story 4.5 stars.

Why I gave the book only 3 stars is because of how badly it needs editing. Multiple typos and grammatical mistakes on each page and characters who appear to tal
Holly
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you love sci-fi...you will love The Sity! As a huge science fiction fan, I'm always seeking out fresh stories that think "outside the box" and that's exactly what I've found in Geist's first novel. While the book has some "typical" sci-fi elements, like edge-of-your-seat action, a futuristic world setting, and - in this case - a race of terrifying aliens, the author presented it all in such an atypical manner, that it kept me hanging on every word.

Almost like a comic book might read, Geist pl
Christoph Fischer
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
"The Sity" by Curran Geist is a gripping futuristic, interstellar thriller in which three armed green skinned aliens called Kuljiks are ruling the world. Acid rain is making the word less habitable and our story features a kind of circus where humans are being shown on display and made to fight each other.
Carina escapes and hides in a sanctuary where she learns about a time where humans were masters of the world. Victor has helped her but in the process has become a target himself. The only way
Meghan
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As an avid lover and reader of science fiction literature, I was truly excited to come across this book by Curran Geist. When it comes to the genre, I'm a girl who really appreciates the "godfathers" -- Phillip K. Dick, Ray Bradbury, Issac Asimov, Heinlein etc. I think what I appreciated most about "The Sity" was it's ability to be completely modern and relevant while still giving a nod toward the classics. "The Sity" is soft science fiction (with hints of fantasy) that meditates upon both psych ...more
Sharon Stevenson
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
'The Sity' is the dystopian sci-fi horror tale of Victor, a young man trapped in a kind of circus where humans are tortured for the amusement of aliens.

I was impressed by the world Geist has built for this novel - it was so unique and terrifying and multi-layered. The action was fast paced and the story was full of shocks and revelations. The characters were well developed and interesting. As the story went on it started to seem like there were a lot of characters to keep track of, but that is a
Yellagirlgc
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Unlike most books I read this book strikes me as young adult. With that being said it was an interesting read. The book was set in the Sity ran by alien beings with three eyes, three arms & green skin. The alien beings called Kuljik have enslaved humans. The main characters are trying to find out who they really are, where they come from , how they can overcome there situation and then they discover they carry elemental magic. I
Tanya Watt
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Sity is now my all time favorite Sci-Fi thriller!

The story behind “The Sity’ is not like anything you have ever read, and if you don’t get chills reading it, I don’t want to know what will. I dreamed about the creepy circus like scenes for days.

I loved Curran Geist’s writing and the world in which he created. I can’t wait to see what else he can come up with:)

This book is dark and a bit gory at times, so I wouldn’t recommend it to the squeamish. But if you enjoy a good Sci-Fi, thriller then
Ty Patterson
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this is a must read for scifi fans.

Curran has written a tale that is set in a future world with aliens and just before you feel deja vu setting in, the plot grips you. there are thrills, spills and gore and enough twists in the tale to make you wish the book does not end. but never fear, Curran will probably write a sequel and make your day. this genre is not my genre but even i got carried along in the story. Curran has created authentic characters and you get involved with Victor's search.

scif
Ani
Feb 09, 2014
Chris Traynor
Aug 27, 2012
Curran Geist is the warped brain behind The Sity series. The inspiration for his books of extraterrestrial terror all began in the quaint town of Schwenksville, PA where he grew up. Curran often lived within books, and his vibrant imagination sucked him into nightmarish realms beyond the tiny town where he was raised.

For much of his life, Curran Geist has dedicated himself toward human rights wor
More about Curran Geist...

The Sity (2 books)
  • Only the Cold Remains (The Sity, #2)
“Do what you must,” Alexa repeated as she glared at them. “You might not want to come too close… though… for your own safety…” She gritted her teeth. “Ask Sorien or your colleagues… Didn’t they tell you? I BITE!” 4 likes
“The Eastern Factory is no home. It’s just another cage. And we are still the ANIMALS…” Joseph said coldly.” 3 likes