Start by marking “Telling Teddy” as Want to Read:

Telling Teddy

(Dear Teddy #2)

Kindle Edition
Published 2012 by The cave

To ask other readers questions about Telling Teddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Telling Teddy

Yamilé
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Eye Opener

Little JD is now six, and still tells us, and Mr. Ted., about his everyday life. If you have read “Dear Teddy “(or Teddy 1), you will know this boy’s life is nothing ordinary, but not for pleasing reasons.
This book is the second part of the memoir of a man who was emotionally, physically and sexually abused at least from when he was five years old. And the story is told from a child’s perspective.
As it happened with the first book in the series, I think this one is a must read. However
Cynthia
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am one of those people who loves to read books. I also love to write reviews on them if I have enjoyed them. I take pleasure in doing so and the words I choose to write just kind of tumble right out as I go. I have, however, never before found myself staring at the screen of my computer for so long, wondering what the best way to word myself is. I struggled this way after reading both J.D. Stockholm's first book, Dear Teddy and then this book, Telling Teddy. How do you write about how much you ...more
Steph Barton
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was even more emotional than the first one. Touches my heart and makes me sad to know that things like this are an every day occurrence for some children. Such a sad, yet beautifully written book.
Ethan Martin
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i love how the author writes as if it really was a 6/7 year old boy writing it. That plus the story, I think I might feel more for this series than I did for the child called it.
Lea  Cornell
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, moving and heartbreaking at the same time. This one a bit more graphic of the abuse but it makes you open your eyes and understand that this did happen and still does to so many other silent children. It begins to make someone understand what childhood abuse does to a person mentally. Warning again, if you have experienced childhood abuse in any way, this is a trigger. Read with caution
Brian Sondey
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Telling teddy...

I felt the story was too long just talking about how bad the child was. I'm going to read the next book,but hope it has a better narrator and story. I think that the narrator needs to learn to let the words flow better. Also I hope this child comes out of this a sane and well - adjusted person.
Dom Perry
Same opinions as last time. Extremely heart-wrenching, but the child's POV just doesn't do it for me. The constant repetition of phrase and words is understandable because that's how children talk, but it doesn't read well for me.

Nonetheless, J.D.'s parents are dicks.

It seems we're also starting to see childhood-OCD. I'm intrigued to see how he explores this.
LettyT
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Child abuse told through the eyes of the child, very graphic and extremely detailed especially as such a young child.
SHERRY
Nov 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
I read all of Dear Teddy, or should I say I struggled through it. I don't know why I thought this book would be any better. I gave up on it about 1/4 of the way through and did not finish it.
Teresa
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The story continues. A world filled with opposites. Hope and despair. Loyalty and betrayal. Love and hate. You may say, that everyone's world has these factors - but not like this little boy's.

A child who was tormented, terrorized and tortured by those who did not take the time to understand him, support him, or love him. What makes this all the more heartbreaking, is that most of the acts inflicted upon this little boy, were done by those who should've loved him the most... his parents. His lif
Tonya
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book, I immediately had to start on this one. I couldn't help but feel so connected with that little boy that I had to follow his torturous journey in hopes that he would soon find the salvation he desperately needed. The story is heartbreaking but yet in the back of my mind I find hope that this boy will soon find a tolerable sort of peace and would have the happy & safe life he deserved. No child should ever suffer what this little boy suffered. Every twisted aspect ...more
Vicky
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am amazed at the kind of people that are out there! How can anyone do that to their child? I am so angry after reading this book! I hope to God these people have paid for what they did to this sweet boy. This book broke my heart again just like the first one. This series definitely creates greater awareness of child abuse and I believe makes us so much more sensitive to the subject. I look at my own young sons now and think of the trauma this boy went through and my heart cries. The author sho ...more
Mabel Mumbles
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very well written account of a very difficult subject

As life for Jamie spirals on, events turn darker, it is heart stopping. As you sit there reading, watching through his eyes, it is agony not being able to halt his pain and suffering. He is strong and brave to keep facing each day and this gives me hope.

You see the side effects that all the trauma has overloaded on him leaking out in his counting and checks as he struggles on to deal with everyday life.

I feel compelled to read on to find out
richwire
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book more than the first installment because I feel guilty criticizing an author when the subject is the terrible abuse he endured. Like the first book, it's written in "child speak" or approximately a first grade reading level. It makes for some terribly repetitive passages and tedious reading at times. Nonetheless, I plan to get the author's third book. Since he's growing up, I'm hopeful for a more mature writing style and more importantly, happier times.
Lizzie Winns
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: child-abuse
This book was the continuation of the first book (Dear Teddy). It was very hard to read, same as the first book, but I have to read it just to see if this boys life will get any better, and so far it hasn't... So I will continue to read the series to find out.... On to the next book called (Stupid boy).
Rin
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FROM A CHILD'S POV

There were new revelations in this 2nd book. I literally shook because I was so furious for this little boy. I remember as a child, no matter how awful a parent can be, that were always wanting good things for them. We don't complain because we know nothing else. Some people should never breed. Ever!!!
Jodie Horton
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A heartwrenching read
Julie Dalglish
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
ive only given this book a 4 star review due to the fact i couldn't finish it due to the heart breaking content. brilliantly written and would highly recommend.
Vashista
  • Please Don't Make Me Go
  • My Emily
  • Holocaust Scream
  • You Are Made for More!: How to Become All You Were Created to Be
  • Our Little Secret: The True Story of a Teenage Killer and the Silence of a Small New England Town
  • One Foot In Heaven, Journey of a Hospice Nurse

Dear Teddy (4 books)
  • Dear Teddy
  • Stupid Boy
  • Goodbye Teddy
“don’t like the number two because it is a bad number. Bad things happened. We live at number two. I like number three. That is a nice number. But it makes it all odd again and then I have to eat some more food. But that makes it number four and four is a very bad number. It is the worst number ever. All the bad things happen if I do anything four times.” 0 likes
“I don’t want my mum to see.” 0 likes