Start by marking “Be My Yoko Ono” as Want to Read:
Be My Yoko Ono

Be My Yoko Ono

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Will and Tiger would try anything to save their marriage--even monogamy.

Geek love isn’t always shiny. The more Will escaped into comics and games, the more his wife Tiger turned outward to social, sexual pursuits. Not that she had to turn all that far: Will and Tiger’s lovers Siouxie and Stephen share the House of Cats, the suburban commune the four polyamorous folks call
Published September 12th 2012 by OddRocket

To ask other readers questions about Be My Yoko Ono, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be My Yoko Ono

Phoebe
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Fellow book lovers, I present to you my first novel, written long before I wrote Whisper and Glimmer. It's different from those two books. It's a geeky adult contemp with funny bits. No paranormal, no chases. But it's still unmistakably me. So if you like my other stories, give this one a whirl. Add it to your Goodreads To-Read list, and let me know what you think. I had a blast writing it and hope you have a blast reading it!
Christine
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I really liked the characters, but I'm not sure I'm hipster enough for this novel.
Kristen
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Generally I have no interest in polyamory, seeing as how my bed is directly below that of my polyamorous roommate and the unwanted exposure to his lifestyle literally keeps me up some nights. So when Phoebe introduced her novel at the OddRockets launch reception a few weeks ago I groaned and sucked harder on my milkshake. At the synopsis that "a couple realizes that polyamory is just not working so they decide to try out monogamy for a change" I think a bit of milkshake might have squirted out m ...more
Heather RK
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a true literary gem of a novel. What a keen observer the author is of both the world that surrounds us and our thoughts and feelings! She uses extreme care and sensitivity in painting out Will and Tiger memorably, strong points and weak ones, realistically, like a gifted painter, coloring vividly what sets these heroes apart, what makes them special.

I love Will. He’s complicated, smart, sensitive, needy, giving, a self deprecating philosopher.

Tiger is a powerhouse, a doer. She goes thro
Abby
Oct 23, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Abby by: Jennifer S. (bookclub)
Shelves: bookclub, ebook
This is self-publishing's version of Seinfeld: a book about nothing, full of unlikeable people, who do terrible things to each other, and yet still hang out.

Ugh.

I hated it.

I think it's supposed to be about Katherine/Tiger and her husband Will and their changing relationship from polyamory to monogamy, but since both characters are so entirely unlikeable, it was hard to care. Tiger's a narcissistic, egomaniac and Will's an immature, insecure pushover. Neither seems to change through the course
Anita
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If Nick Hornby were to chronicle the adventures of a polyamory guru and her husband in the Bay Area (and out of it), he would probably write something a lot like BE MY YOKO ONO, a smart, deeply funny novel with tremendous heart. Both Tiger and Will Lilly have voices that rang true to me--self-aware and witty--this is a reading experience that embodies the pleasures of a juicy satire with going to dinner or a really fun road trip with close friends. Packing action and purpose even into events as ...more
Emily
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
I wanted to like this so bad.
The poly-couple that are our main characters sounded so damn intriguing, especially Tiger with her awesome punk hair. Also, the title is bomb. However, I was hoping for the couple to slowly fall back in love with each other, which happens, but within a weekend and their lives quickly change after that. While it seems to be interesting, I found myself rolling my eyes and beginning to dislike Tiger and Will.

It's too bad I couldn't enjoy this more, it just wasn't what
Karin Mitchell
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I liked the subject matter of this book most and the way the author takes the reader through what could be another break up and instead shows how a relationship could really work. The course of the novel is unexpected while believable and interesting. The characters are complex and grow in complexity throughout the book. My favorite character was a guy named Stephen who was a minor partner the married couple added into their polyamorous relationship.
Jo Notary
Feb 10, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
240pgs, they have a very unconventional and open relationship. When they visit her father and his new wife, they can see the fire in their relationship that is traditional. They wonder if they are missing out with their open relationship.
Jason C. Brand
Mar 09, 2016
Caty
Dec 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, fun, and a pitch perfect read of nerd poly culture.
Paris Webster
Jul 02, 2013
Suzanne Brahm
Aug 11, 2012
Lola
rated it did not like it
Jasmin
  • The Theory of My Wonders
  • Diegeses
  • The Boy Next Door
  • The Eye With Which The Universe Beholds Itself
  • From Hell with Love (The Forsaken Comedy Book 1)
  • Harper Madigan: Junior High Private Eye
  • The Apocalypse and Satan's Glory Hole
  • From this World
  • How I Started The Apocalypse
  • The Protectors: A Blue History Novel
  • Eville
Phoebe Kitanidis is a proud member of Team Cat. She lives in a secret lair, deep inside a blackberry bramble in Seattle, where she's currently weaving a new Urban Fantasy series as well as a New Adult Romance series. Coffee is her second-best friend.
More about Phoebe Kitanidis...