Start by marking “Broken Dove (Fantasyland, #4)” as Want to Read:
Broken Dove (Fantasyland, #4)

Broken Dove

(Fantasyland #4)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  15,407 ratings  ·  1,163 reviews
Far too young, Apollo Ulfr lost Ilsa, his wife, the love of his life and the mother of his two children. The grief of her loss does not settle in his soul, it solders to it. But when he discovers there is a parallel universe where his wife may have a twin, he feels there's hope and sets about bringing her to his world so he can have her back.

But Ilsa Ulfr of our world is m
Published December 27th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Broken Dove, please sign up.
Annie Couple of thoughts:
1. Maybe Pol isn't really evil. He's just a "insert bad word here".
2. Maybe it's only evil people in the parallel world that don't…more
Couple of thoughts:
1. Maybe Pol isn't really evil. He's just a "insert bad word here".
2. Maybe it's only evil people in the parallel world that don't get twins. If Apollo had been the evil one, Pol wouldn't exist in our world. (I think it might be this one.)
3. It's a plot hole.
There might be another explanation but I don't remember anything from the book. I am about to reread it, though.(less)

·  15,407 ratings  ·  1,163 reviews

Start your review of Broken Dove (Fantasyland, #4)
Mariya
Apr 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Update 6/30/2015:
So I totally did a re-read b/c I have nothing better to do than start up again the KA books I had to DNF and I did finish it this time. And totally went much better this time around, made me bump it up a star.

____________________________________________________________________________

I may attempt to cry. I'm just kidding, no really! I know that all Kristen Ashley's books don't work out for me. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. My issue's with BROKEN DOVE was that it was s
Candace
While 'Broken Dove' was much better than 'Fantastical' in my opinion, it was still a long way from reaching the greatness of 'The Golden Dynasty'. More so than the other books in this series, 'Broken Dove' was tender and emotional. My heart broke so many times while listening to the story of Apollo and Ilsa. Yet, there was something so sweet and endearing about their story that I couldn't pull myself away.

Apollo "Lo" Ulfr of the parallel world was happily married to Ilsa. They had two beautiful
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
 photo 83284ba3-716d-4cae-948a-415a730489d1_zpseffc823c.jpg

4.5 emotional stars!

I really enjoyed this story! Very poignant at times, very romantic at times, and very, very hot! In fact, in my opinion, this was even hotter than her Unfinished Hero books which are labeled erotic.

I was so excited to re-visit Tor and Cora, Frey and Finnie, and my abso-favorite Kristen Ashley PNR hero, Dax Lahn and his Golden Queen, Circe! Though I love her, it pains me that Circe is still alive and kickin' because I want to have Dax all to myself. Just sayin
Christy
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Poppy stars!!!

photo fafb02c6-b441-4313-95fd-3cbcbe504abf_zps4b338990.jpg

Ilsa Ulfr has been on the run for years. She’s been trying to stay hidden from her powerful and abusive ex husband, Apollo, or Pol. The Apollo Ulfr of her world is an asshole. But the Apollo Ulfr (Lo) of the parallel universe she gets transported to is totally different. He may look just like her ex, but they are not the same.
“This is real, and you must understand that these two men are not the same man.”

Ilsa looks identical to the love of Lo’s life. His wife, Ilsa, who d
Debra

4.5 'Love is everything' stars!

Beautiful, heartwarming, epic, wonderful, fantastical. I seriously love this series. It's absolutely magical. With never a dull moment, Broken Dove managed to catch my attention from the very first chapter until the very last one. KA never disappoints and once again she's created a swoon worthy alpha male hero and a broken but strong heroine whose love story managed to steal my heart.

Apollo Ulfr lost his wife several years ago to a terrible disease. Left by himself
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars

“A dove has great beauty, but is easily broken.”

Broken Dove, the fourth book in the Fantasyland series, is the story of Apollo and Maddie. Apollo lost his wife Ilsa, and mother of his children when she died from a sudden illness. Grief stricken for years, he discovers there is a parallel universe, our world, where a twin of his wife is still alive. Apollo also learns this other Ilsa has an abusive husband Pol, so he journey's to this world to rescue her and bring her into his.

This n
Georgia ♥
5 KA Love, Love, Love Stars

"Love is priceless, love is worth every battle fought, every wound endured. Love is everything."

description

We live in dark times that have reduced love to sex, passion to cheap tricks and Eros to a ridiculous winged creature that we remember every Valentine's Day. In this world we live in, we read Kristen Ashley's books, because she takes us to a trip down memory lane. She reminds us of our childhood dreams, when the prince stormed the keep on his white steed and saved the damse
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 FANTASTIC,HOT STARS

"A new beginning.
A new life.
A new me.
All of it mine.
All of it made by my hand
my decisions, my work."

Wow I'm so devoured by this book!!It was amazing!!!As with most of Kristen's books! I just couldn't put it down!!!Broken Dove is full of romance, mystery, drama and fights!!The plot was so interesting and the characters was so lovable!!

description

The book begins with Valentine a which who bringing Apollo to our world and taking him to Madie the twin of his dead wife. Apollo de
Patrycja

Release Date: 27th December, 2013
Rating: 3 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I was very thrilled to read another book in Fantasyland series, series that is not only extremely romantic and sensual but also magical. Every previous book was unique, spectacular and fairy-tale like, yet it wasn’t too sugarcoated. Unfortunately, this time I was left unsatisfied and disappointed. I craved way much more than I was
Jennifer Kyle
[image error]

This was a long read not in page numbers but for some reason I felt like the story dragged. On the other hand, this book was pure Kristen Ashley (all the things readers love – rambling, description) it didn’t seem like we got gypped on our experience in the slightest which is a big plus!

All of the Dream Team were included and played a part in this story and I did enjoy the action BUT on the flip side, Apollo and Isla (Maddie) relationship felt like they hit a fast forward button an
Crystal~BIG book addict~
4.5 Broken Stars

"A dove has great beauty but is easily broken."

Ilsa/Maddie

Ilsa has been running and hiding from her abusive husband for years, but he has finally found her. While he is doling out her punishment for running from him, someone who looks exactly like her husband and a witch save her. She blacks out in a sea of green mist.

Apollo

Apollo has been living in grief for years after his wife died leaving him and his two children. He discovered that his wife has a twin in another world an
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 Stars

All my life, I've never been happy. So I never imagined even being that way. Until now.

Now THAT is what a Kristen Ashley book is supposed to be like. Are you taking notes Forever? Because you should.

Know everything that you love about KA books? Oh you know what I'm talking about; the descriptiveness, the sexual tension, the super hot Alphas, the sassy and quirky heroines, the action, the steam, the writing, the inability to put it down even though it's crazy long. Ringing a bell? Ye
Hayley
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Re-Read 3-17-16 ... yup still AMAZING

Ok so I will admit I was getting a little worried with my girl Kristen when the last few books she published were shorter and missing some of that flare I have grown to love ... I was praying that this book would not fall prey to that.. Thank the gods the woman pulled through because I had been waiting on pins and needles for this book for what seemed like centuries!! This DID.NOT.DISAPPOINT !!!! Not even one little bit. This book was amazing and I honestly
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

This is hard to review.

I liked it, it's KA after all.

But I didn't love it.

description

With most KA's I literally want to wrap myself up in the pages like they are a warm blanket while kicking my feet in fan girl excitement.

description

I just didn't feel that way with this book.

And I was sad about it.

description

Apollo was great, but I felt like he wasn't a true KA alpha male. Or maybe he just didn't really do it for me.

It probably didn't help his cause with me when Lahn made an appearance. I LOVE Lahn.

L-O-V-E.

Gold
Brandi
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars.

“I’ll tell you now, my poppy, for years, I never thought I would be happy. Never again. So I never imagined I could be happier.”

description

Not my favorite of the series.

Apollo and Maddie's story is complicated, frustrating, and at times very tedious. The whole premise was a bit uncomfortable to me -Apollo looking get his wife back, through finding her twin. I'm still not sure how I feel about that. The story did started out promising, but just lost something a long the way. Maybe if the sto
Anna

Standing ovation -
The highest of high fives -
Round of applause to infinity -
The men - their love, their loyalty -
The testosterone -
The fantasy-
This book-
This series -

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ! I can't cope I'm so in love !!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

“How’s this for in there, dove?”

I'm a woman of science and medicine and I am going to gift each and every one of my friends a cup of that TEA !!! Holy hot damn. That cuppa is the BOMB.COM !!!!

“All my life, I’ve never been happy. So I never imagined even being that way. Unti
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FINALLY!!!!! We are back to the writing basics of KA, that I love!

Excuse me while I celebrate a bit...
 photo 7140926_zps2a5234ad.gif
Sorry, but it's been awhile since I was able to do this with a KA novel.

I have been waiting for this book since I read book 3 back in August 2012. I have been praying that my baby, Apollo, that his story was done justice. Were my prayers answered? HELL YEAH!

Everything about this story was done superbly. There is not one single aspect of this book, that left me wanting. Not one.
 photo 7289235_zpsa59cb7a8.gif

Apollo I
✰ Liz ✰
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: high-steam-alert
4.5

Broken Dove is the fourth book in Kristen Ashley's Fantasyland. Although it isn't my favorite from the series, I felt it was unique because of the damaged hero and heroine.

“A dove has great beauty, but is easily broken.”

description

Maddie is our heroine. She has experienced hell on earth. She is married to a drug lord who has beaten her down physically and emotionally. When she finally escapes his wrath, she is able to maintain control by hiding and living on the run for three years. She knows that if
Jacqueline
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Annual festive re-read of the Fantasyland series 2019. I don't usually bother with this one as I remembered it being a bit crapper than the others so imagine my delight when I discovered I actually enjoyed it. And as I haven't read it for four years, it was a bit like reading it for the first time all over again. Bonus. Yes, I was still a bit narked at Maddie 's treatment by Apollo, but I'll try to get over it.

Original review 2015
I flew straight into this on the back of the fantastic Fa
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was an enjoyable read. Was it The Golden Dynasty caliber? No. I, thankfully, wasn't expecting it to be. I know many will struggle with the idea of this book because if the dead spouse theme going on, but I really do think that Ms. Ashley did it well to where it didn't feel like the H was pining over his dead wife. I also think it's important to say that his main motivation to bring over the other Ilsa was not to have her replace his dead wife, but to save her fro
Vishous
As usual the chick irritated the shit out of me, as usual they say honey, sweetie etc to him after one day of knowing him, as usual he calls her sth, in this case "poppy" that just makes want to stop reading....
But I really liked the story, the whole series is amazing!

I would have given it 4 stars but bloody hell the sex was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! HOT OFF THE CHARTS!

So yeah, the slut that I am, this sex deserves 5 stars....
Jamie
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
***1/27/20*** Re-Read time AGAIN ♥♥♥♥♥

So soooooo good! This series kicks major ass and is my favoriite KA series...each book has been awesome and are tied together PERFECTLY!!! PURE KA PERFECTION !!!!!
Mada
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I loved Apollo in Wildest Dreams. He was in so much pain and still he was so strong and determined to fight for the woman he wants.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm so sad for Ilsa. She's been through so much with her ex. She is just as broken as Apollo. I hope he's gonna fight for her and help her forget her painful past.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I wish the end of December would come sooner because I really can't wait anymore.

UPDATE.
It always saddens me to write a negative review for a book in a series I loved. I expected so much
Kelli C
4.5 angsty, bitten my damn nails off stars! Whew, that was quite a ride! I am very pleased that KA has found the magic again in this almost ending Fantasyland journey.

My Apollo

My Isla/Maddie

Together they have restored my love of the series not for the amazing love story they have created, but for the amazing sensual heat their characters bring off the pages of this read. KA does alpha males so damn well, and her females, whoa! they give as good as they get! Not since Circe and Lahn have I felt
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kristen-ashley
First, lets get this out of the way. Kristen Ashley is THE Queen of epilogues. She knows how to tie everything in a nice and pretty bow but leaves you yearning for more. If you haven't read any of the other stories to this series, here's a little gist. There are two same version of us. One in this world, the other in a parallel universe. Magic can take you to and fro. On to the story...

The time has come for Apollo to claim our world Isla. Isla has not had a pretty life. She's been on the run fr
Lyndy Ann ♫
****4 Poppy Stars****

Where do I being with Broken Dove???

I liked it a LOT but I did not LOVE it as I did the rest of the Fantsyland series.

I liked Maddie she fit in right away with the guys and enjoying discovering all the new things that this new world had to discover during her long journey but she could annoy me when she felt sorry for herself a lot, I’m not good enough blah blah blah and what was with all the Star Trek references? (that was random).

I liked Apollo he was a fantastic father so
Stacey is Sassy
A hard one to love...

I'm not going to change my rating, but listening to this one reminded me how much I BLOODY HATED APOLLO...for awhile. Goh blimey, I wanted to kick him in the ding ding. Egotistical, self-serving, arrogant DOUCHEWAFFLE, is being nice. He broke my heart...

Good thing he's REALLY good at...things. Sexy things. REALLY good, so good I was squirming as I listened.

I'm not sure if this was the most heart-wrenching story KA has written, but it knocked me about a bit. You start a book
Karen
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!

[image error]  photo D1B64A90-F245-442A-A8FF-73C8774973FE.jpg

WOW!!! What a story!!!! This is the fourth edition to Kristen Ashley’s Fantasyland Series and it features the lives of Lord Apollo Ulfr, who is Queen Aurora’s chief military strategist for the Northlands, and Ilsa Ulfr of the modern world who is brought to this parallel universe by a witch Apollo himself commissioned in hopes of filling his lonely heart after the death of his first wife, who just happen’s to be Ilsa’s twin in his world. Jeez that w
Eda**
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites

** 4-4,5 “They’re all special, Lo.” STARS **

“I tell you now, my poppy, for years, I never thought I would again be happy. NEVER AGAIN.” He tucked me closer and finished on a rough whisper. “So I never imagined I could be HAPPIER.
~ APOLLO

BEST. SERIES. EVER!

I would read a thousand more books about this world if KA wrote them! THOUSANDS!

So, why not 5 stars?

Because for the first time since Mystery Man, I rooted for “the other guy” in a KA book. Just between us girls...don't let
Kristen Ashley Ad...: Broken Dove (Book #4) - Apollo's Story (Spoilers Possible) 365 902 Oct 09, 2015 04:05PM
independence 2 41 Feb 17, 2014 10:44AM
The World of Maya...: January Buddy Read- Broken Dove 16 21 Jan 13, 2014 08:46PM
First BR of the year with Sophia & Ashlee. Everybody is welcome to join us. Later tonight 01/04/14 239 34 Jan 10, 2014 06:56PM
BR with my girls 36 72 Dec 31, 2013 02:38AM

• Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Warprize  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #1)
  • The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • Grim (Tornians, #1)
  • Transcendence (Transcendence, #1)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • The Sea King (Weathermages of Mystral, #2)
  • Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • Warsworn  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #2)
  • Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)
  • Eidolon (Wraith Kings, #2)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Fantasyland (5 books)
  • Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)
  • The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)
  • Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3)
  • Midnight Soul (Fantasyland, #5)