Start by marking “The Ex-files” as Want to Read:
The Ex-files

The Ex-files

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  904 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Fay decides to have one last fling, one brief encounter, before she ties the knot for better for worse the following weekend. And the wedding itself will be just as unorthodox, for, in a bid to be modern and grown up, the bride and groom invite a potentially explosive mix of ex-boyfriends and girlfriends, as well as several irritating in-laws. Fay is determined to have a g ...more
Hardcover
Published January 15th 2003 by Orion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Ex-files, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ex-files

Athena
Feb 05, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me FOREVER to read! I just couldn't get engrossed in it. But at the same time, I wanted to finish it. The plot and characters were interesting enough that they made me want to find out what happens. I suppose the problem was that the text was a bit dry. It flopped around between perspectives and jumped a bit in time. Instead of making me more interested in everyone, it made me disconnect from everyone. I knew just enough to slightly care about them, but not enough to really give a ...more
Cristina
Feb 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"there are no ugly women, only lazy ones!
that was step 1.
step 2: pretend you're endlessly fascinated by him.
step 3: don't talk about yourself too much and maintain an air of mistery.
step 4, when the relationship has developed a little: give a great blow-job."
Zarah
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up somehow mistaking it for one of Jane Green's books, that I usually enjoy... unfortunately one Jane is not another Jane alike and with this one, enjoying a fun and witty book with relatable, lovable characters was off the table! Every single person in this book (with the possible exception for Kate, and Mark from time to time) is an absolute caricature and the plot is annoying at best, degrading and demeaning at worst.
How anyone can call this a "feel good book" is beyond me. It
Blodeuedd Finland
Sara Strand
This book was a really quick read and kind of fun. Was it fabulous? No. Was it super predictable but mildly entertaining? Yes. Actually- the description on the back of the book is misleading which is kind of weird because it's not what really happened, but that's ok. Luckily- I didn't read the back of the book until I had alerady started the book so that worked out.
For a chick-lit book I really expected more sex. Is that raunchy of me? I don't know- my chick-lit books have to have a little somet
Cindy
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the beginning of the book where we found out about the beginnings of each of the former relationships.

As the book developed the recurring theme of being equals in a relationship, with one person not dominating the other, otherwise the relationship is doomed to failure - kept popping up. ALOT. TOO MUCH.

It was quite obvious that the main girl (her name escapes me), would end up with her ex-fiancée's brother. It is also extremely unlikely this would ever be deemed to be acceptable. Neith
Jo
Dec 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was going to give this book only two stars because it's an icky romance with slutty, two-timing behavior; but then I thought about it a little more, and realized that it deserved more than that because the characters grow into better people, who are both more aware of themselves and of others. So I gave it three instead. It's still an icky romance that ends in a neat little bow, but the sex bits were nearly non-existent/largely glossed over, which is always a plus, and as previously mentioned, ...more
Ceh
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I simply loved this book. granted chick-lit is mostly all i have been reading for a while.
It is the first book by Jane Moore that i read,and shes definitely been added on mt list of authors tobfind books from.
The storyline was simple but the drama nothing but..... as soon as she met that guy at wine bar, i was rooting for him alrdy,until well i realized she was getting married.
This book was relatable and more reason why i gave it 4 stars. it had me laughing from the onset amd ofcourse rooting f
Sherri Hunter
Mar 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I really liked this story! This is the first Jane Moore novel I've read and I laughed myself silly through quite a bit of the book. Though Faye comes across as a very shallow and selfish female, I found it hard to not like her. Of course, you had to know what was going to happen once Tony showed up in France, so that wasn't a surprise, but I was surprised she gave in as quickly as she did. Of course, if she had called Tony's bluff, who is to say how the story would have turned out. I also liked ...more
Alexis
Apr 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Faye's getting married in a week and almost sleeps with a man she met at the bar. The day before the wedding, she meets that man again -- he's her fiancé's brother! Then, to top it all off, the wedding is filled with exes from her and her husband-to-be.

Notes: From the get-go I didn't like Faye, but I'm glad that as the story progressed I started to warm up to her. I enjoyed this novel and liked how Jane Moore provided ample background on the characters. My final comments are that it would have b
Laianna
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though overall this book was a satisfying twisty-turny romance, I did not really like the author's writing style. I know it's not her fault, but there were a lot of distracting typos and too often quotation marks were backwards or in the wrong place, blaringly wrong. Similarly, there is very little action in the book; it's a story told mostly through dialogue and flashbacks, and for me, I just wanted to *see* something, rather than have it told to me by every supporting character under the sun u ...more
Jenn
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I really liked this book, despite its strange marketing. While the flashbacks to both the bride and the groom with their exes were interesting, it really had little to do with the plot of the book and was quite misleading as time went along. I was quite surprised at the role that the brother played in the whole thing. All in all, it was a good quick read, even though it wasn't what I thought it was going to be about.
Ashley
Jul 18, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
If I could do half stars this book would have 3.5. It was a good book. It was a quick read and I liked the writing style but it was very very predictible. From the first chapter I could pretty much guess the ending. I guess that is what I get for reading so many chick lit books.

That being said Faye is probably a character that many could relate to. A women who is in love with the wedding part of a marriage. In the end it worked out for all the characters and that makes me happy.
ReBecca
Very, very predictable. Let's think about this ... Sign one you shouldn't be getting married, you pick a guy up at a bar and bring him back to your place the week before your wedding...sign two: inviting ex's to a small wedding. Clearly the signs were there the minute ex's and wedding are in the same subject. Thankfully in the end, everyone ended up w who they were meant to be with.
If you are looking for a quick, no thinking required book, this would be a great one to read!
Vicky Skinner
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really surprised me. I love Jane Moore, and I really loved the way she wrote this one, back and forth in time, getting to know every character individually. About halfway through, I thought I knew exactly how it was going to end, but then I couldn't figure it out, and I found myself actually really sad when everything was unfolding. Moore did such a great job with this one.
Letitia
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Within the first chapter or two, it was pretty easy to see exactly where this book was going. I also put it down and forgot about it for three days when I was about 3/4 through, which is never a good sign. If you are going to the beach or are home sick and want something that does not require you to think, it's not that bad.
Paul
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are going to read chick lit make it a book by a British author. This is a fun book that was like a how to for how not to pick a partner to marry and how to definitely not plan the the wedding. Yes it was predictable, but it was entertaining.
May 24, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm now speeding through a fun bit of fluff (published by Random House, in case anyone was wondering), by the same author (Jane Moore) who wrote Fourplay, which I read for the first time in London while studying abroad. Loved Fourplay, and am now loving The Ex Files.
Natalie
Feb 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, chick-lit
Maddie
Feb 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Light Reading
Not bad for Chick Lit, I actually enjoyed this one. The characters, and there are more than just the main 2, are very shallow and venial in the beginning but somewhat redeem themselves by the end.
Sheri Travers
Was looking for a quick read that would keep me interested and found it in this book!
Brenna
Mar 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Jane Moore book that I've read thus far!
Linda
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
standard chicklit book. easily forgotten.
Nicole
Aug 01, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read. I liked the story line. Would be a fun summer read.
This was a cute book about getting married to the right vs. the wrong person. Predictable but cute.
Stephanie Mejia
Simply. Cute. Funny. Total Rom-Com movie that you're reading.
Aprisa
Jun 09, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
i'm thinkin of inviting them, all in one place, at the same time.
i thought it would be a good idea.
Ichie
Oct 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane moore was a little bit sarcastic but I like it. And the most important thing that I drew from this novel was, how truthfull they are. I, too, sense the same panic and euphoria when got married
Julia
Jun 24, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girlies
This book was good. Very funny and full of craziness.
  • A Girl's Best Friend
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Diary of a Working Girl
  • The Last Year of Being Single (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • The Sweetest Taboo
  • Breakfast at Stephanie's
  • Tallulahland
  • Love: A User's Guide
  • On The Verge
  • Engaging Men
  • Pink Slip Party
  • Like Mother, Like Daughter (Red Dress Ink)
  • The Botox Diaries
  • Losing It (Red Dress Ink (Numbered Paperback))
  • Husbands