Start by marking “Healthy Indian Vegetarian Cooking: Easy Recipes for the Hurry Home Cook [Vegetarian Cookbook, Over 80 Recipes]” as Want to Read:

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Eating fresh, locally-grown vegetables each day is healthy for you and the planet—and now, with this Indian cookbook, vegetarian meals don't have to be boring!

This new vegetarian, Indian cookbook by acclaimed author and caterer Shubhra Ramineni proves just how fun cooking with vegetables can be. It includes over 80 recipes showing you how to prepare vegetables and fruits t
Published June 25th 2013 by Tuttle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Healthy Indian Vegetarian Cooking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healthy Indian Vegetarian Cooking

Sam
Sep 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A great cookbook with pretty pictures and easy to follow instructions to make Indian Vegetarian food. I am not a very good cook but I am pretty sure I could make many of these recipes and even had most of the ingredients in my home pantry. The beginning of the book explains food prep and how to stock your kitchen to have the correct spices and tools on hand. I recommend highly if you want to make Indian food at home but felt overwhelmed at the idea.
LemontreeLime
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
So many of the recipes in this book look fantastic! i hope to make some soon, and perhaps become brave enough to make my own paneer and flatbread... Ramineni makes it look so easy...
Amanda White
Mar 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I won this book from a Good Reads contest, This cook book has all kinds of unique recipes I have never heard of before . Some of them look really good and I cannot wait to try them out. My sister recently traveled to India and I thought this would be a good book to share with her.
DL
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is the perfect cookbook. It has beautiful pictures and easy interesting recipes. I've looked through it with my daughter who like me loves Indian food, and we've marked quite a few recipes we'll be trying out. Thank you for the opportunity to win this book through a firstreads giveaway!
Nicole Zink
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Easy to follow recipes which use ingredients that are can be found in grocery stores, not just specialty shops. This is now my go-to Indian cookbook.
Shubhra Ramineni
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Bhavna
Dec 04, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Jan 26, 2016
Trish
rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2014
Sarah-Hope
Melissa ahmed
Gordon Bingham
Mar 01, 2014
  • Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day: Revolutionary New Takes On Everyone's Favorite On-the-Go Meal
  • Wild About Greens: 125 Delicious Recipes from Hearty Soups & Stews to Succulent Sautes & Smoothies
  • Vegan Casseroles: Pasta Bakes, Gratins, Pot Pies, and More
  • Triumph of the Lentil: Soy-Free Vegan Wholefoods for All Appetites
  • Cookin' Crunk: Eatin' Vegan in the Dirty South
  • The Sexy Vegan Cookbook: Extraordinary Food from an Ordinary Dude
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • The Inspired Vegan: Seasonal Ingredients, Creative Recipes, Mouthwatering Menus
  • Vegan Cooking for Carnivores: Over 125 Recipes So Tasty You Won't Miss the Meat
  • Kansha: Celebrating Japan's Vegan and Vegetarian Traditions
  • Eat Vegan on $4.00 a Day
  • Healthy Dish of the Day (Williams-Sonoma)
  • Big Vegan
  • Vegan Indian Cooking: 140 Simple and Healthy Vegan Recipes
  • Indian Cooking Unfolded: A Master Class in Indian Cooking, with 100 Easy Recipes Using 10 Ingredients or Less
  • Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen: 150 Pizzas, Pastas, Pestos, Risottos, & Lots of Creamy Italian Classics
  • Japanese Cooking - Contemporary & Traditional: Simple, Delicious, and Vegan
  • Vegan Food Gifts: Spread the Vegan Love DIY-Style with 100 Inspired Recipes for Homemade Baked Goods, Preserves, and Other Edible Gifts Everyone Will Love
Indian culinary instructor, award-winning cookbook author of Entice with Spice and Healthy Indian Vegetarian Cooking, locavore & mom of a veggie-loving girl!

Shubhra grew up in Houston, TX enjoying healthy, traditional Indian food and she learned to cook from her mother, an excellent home cook and a professional dietitian. Determined to eat well despite her busy schedule as a chemical engineer
More about Shubhra Ramineni

• Training the Mind and Cultivating Loving-Kindness
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough
  • The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
    $9.99 $3.49
  • Forty Autumns: A Family's Story of Courage and Survival on Both Sides of the Berlin Wall
    $11.99 $1.99