Start by marking “The Prince's Gamble” as Want to Read:
The Prince's Gamble

Read Excerpt

The Prince's Gamble (Gambling for Love #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Prince Alexander Ivanov is scrambling to save his reputation and his livelihood. One of the Russian Nights Casino’s hostesses has disappeared, and his business is suddenly under investigation by the FBI for associations with the mob and money laundering.
Special Agent Kathleen Martinez has no patience with rich, entitled aristocrats, especially one like Alexander Ivanov who
Published February 12th 2013 by Entangled Select (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Prince's Gamble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Prince's Gamble

Clare O'Beara
A Russian prince - the title is empty but the family seems to be wealthy - and his sister run a Jersey Shore casino. A female FBI agent who has experience in finding people traffickers, is sent to investigate this casino after allegations surface of money laundering and people trafficking.

The details of running the giant casino / shopping centre / hotel are well presented, though I would have liked to see more of the community outside it, which was later devastated by Hurricane Sandy.

While the
Katie_la_geek
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, ebook-arc
Generally speaking I quite enjoyed this crime romance. The plot was nothing new and at times it was a little farfetched but I liked it.

What really made this book stand out are the characters. Kathleen is awesome and has everything I like to see in female characters. She is dedicated to her job and refuses to let anyone get the better of her. She is gutsy and brave and is not afraid to do the hard stuff needed in the pursuit of justice. I really liked her.

Alexander is a lot softer than Kathleen a
Jennifer McCoy, YA Sisterhood
The Prince’s Gamble by Caridad Pineiro
eARC received from Entangled Publishing via Netgalley
Release Date: 2-12-2013
Reviewed by: Middle Sis Jenn

The Sisters Say: Provacative and Steamy, but lacking memorability
I am a huge fan of romantic suspense novels, so I was looking forward to reading Caridad’s new book. This is the first book I have read by her, and although it kept my attention and entertained me, it mostly just fell flat.

I wanted romance that just blew me away, and while the steamy scenes
Romancing the Book
Mar 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Reviewed by: Nadene
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

First of all I must say I absolutely love romantic suspense novels and so when I read the blurb for The Prince’s Gamble I knew I had to read this book. This is my first time reading this author’s work and I was eager to discover how this story would develop. Unfortunately it did not have that WOW factor.

Alex Ivanov, the main male character, is a Russian Prince who owns and operates a casino in Las Vegas.
Julie G
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
I want to share an important note: Like Prince Alexander, Ms. Piñeiro is working to help rebuild the Jersey Shore. Proceeds from the sales of the book will be donated to the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief fund ~ through March 1, 2013.

*~*~*

There isn't much I love more than losing myself in a good romance. Add in a little mystery or suspense, and I'm there. Unfortunately, despite its potential ~ Russian prince meets FBI agent with a vendetta against his family ~ I cannot say that The Prince's
Star
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
FBI Special Agent Kathleen Martinez has no tolerance for the so-called elite of society after some were involved in a human trafficking ring she busted. She now paints them all with the same brush. This doesn’t bode well when she’s brought in on a case involving a Russian casino, a missing woman, money laundering, and Prince Alexander Ivanov. Prince Alexander is the one she believes was involved in her earlier case, so she’s not pleased to be forced to work with him. As much as they both try to ...more
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Originally posted at What I'm Reading

For the past week I have been reading The Prince's Gamble by Caridad Piñeiro. I think I should share what the story is about and what I thought of the story.

Kathleen Martinez is an FBI agent who is called in to help find a missing hostess, Vanessa, from the Russian Nights. Prince Alexander Ivanov has no choice but to call in the FBI, because he has a fear that there might be more to the story and he needs the help.

Though this was a good read and the book des
My Book Addiction and More MBA
THE PRINCE'S GAMBLE by Caridad Pineiro is an exciting romantic suspense. A quick read full of passion and love. With a Russian Prince, the FBI, Russian mafia, money laundering,white slavery, prostitution, Las Vegas,casino,romance and love how can you go wrong. Follow, Special Agent Kathleen Martinez and Prince Alexander Ivanov on a fast paced,action packed adventure and danger. I love this author's stories and this was no exception. I can hardly wait to see if Peter and Tatiana will have a story ...more
Donna
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've read several books by Caridad Piñeiro and she writes good cop. The Prince's Gamble is no different.

Russian Prince Alexander Ivanov has a missing hostess from his casino in Atlantic City, NJ. He has also discovered that someone may be using his casino to launder money. His honor and his business are at risk. The FBI in the person of Special Agent Kathleen Martinez is called in. She doesn't trust the hot Russian as far as she can throw him. As they work together to find the hostess and whoev
Margaret
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, bought
Rating: 3.5 stars (rounded to 4)

This was a quick, fun read with romance, action and some suspense. Both Kathleen and Alexander’s characters were well crafted with interesting histories and I loved the way they interacted with one another. The secondary characters of Princess Tatiana and Detective Peter Roman were great, and the groundwork that was laid out shows great promise for a future story about them.

Because of the way the timeline of the story was laid out, I did feel like the romance po
Iris
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Piñeiro knows how to write a suspense novel. A somewhat tepid romance is eclipsed by the strong focus on the story line’s suspense and action filled scenes. Far from detracting from the plot, the sudden sexual tension between the characters instead enhanced the drama unfolding in this Atlantic City casino. Still, the ending… handsome Prince falls in love with hardworking commoner, was the stuff of fairytales, at least for this common Jersey girl.

Set in Atlantic City, NJ in the aftermath of Hurr
Jo-Ann Carson
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a sexy adventure. The suspense is tightly plotted keeping you on the edge of your seat, and the sexy romance is steamy. Pinerio did all this work and then she gave all the proceeds to victims of Hurricane Sandy. Pretty cool, heh.
GONZA
Jan 02, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry but I didn't like it at all, I even didn't finished the book.

Mi spiace ma non mi è assolutamente piaciuto e non l'ho nemmeno finito

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ENTANGLED PUBLISHING LLC FOR THE PREVIEW
Michelle
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
A thoroughly enjoyable read from Caridad, loved Alexander! Very sexy & mysterious.
Minna
Maria Corosa
Oct 29, 2016
Stephanie
Sep 29, 2014
My proceeds from this book will go to Hurricane Sandy NJ Relief 1 4 Nov 27, 2012 05:11AM
To stay in touch with the latest releases, contests and happenings with Caridad, sign up for her newsletter at http://bit.ly/2cbxlYw.

NY Times and USA Today Bestseller Caridad Pineiro is a Jersey Girl who just wants to write, travel, and spend more time with family and friends. Caridad is the author of over 50 novels/novellas and has sold over 1 million books worldwide. Caridad loves romance novels
More about Caridad Piñeiro...

Gambling for Love (2 books)
  • To Catch a Princess