Start by marking “The Secret Of The Nagas” as Want to Read:

The Secret Of The Nagas

(Shiva Trilogy #2)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  65,421 ratings  ·  2,381 reviews
Today, He is a God.

4000 years ago, He was just a man.

Published November 19th 2012 by Westland Limited (first published July 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Of The Nagas, please sign up.
Chandreyee Of course you can. A bit of googling may help you to find a free PDF version of all the three titles in Shiva Trilogy.
lokesh yuvi12 heyy man , As the boys says good and evil are the two sides of coin, so shivs want to find the evil in everyone and he will heal it with his…moreheyy man , As the boys says good and evil are the two sides of coin, so shivs want to find the evil in everyone and he will heal it with his vibrations(less)

·  65,421 ratings  ·  2,381 reviews

Mith
It isn't often one comes across a book by an Indian author, with a sequel. It is even rarer when the said sequel might just be better than its predecessor.

Tripathi once again delves into Indian mythology and spins a fascinating tale around many of the names heard in tales told at our grandmothers' knees, portraying them as mere mortals. Last left, Shiva was about to launch an attack on the dreaded Nagas to avenge Brahaspathi's death. The book's blurb gives you enough indication, and then some, t
Riku Sayuj
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Soumya Shree
Recommended to Riku by: Vishnu Ramakrishnan
Shelves: r-r-rs
I feel like I just finished reading one of the Star Wars installments. With Shiva as Anakin, Sati as Padme, unexplored regions with strange inhabitants with secrets and continuous travels... The book was just too formulaic. That is not to say that it is not a good read - it is just that I was expecting the second book to be better than the first in some ways at least, and quite frankly, it is not.

How Amish managed to construct a whole sequel on such a flimsy basic premise is beyond me. (view spo
Avanthika
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second novel in Amish's Shiva Trilogy series and it steals the show by revealing the most shocking yet pleasant tight-lipped remains of The Immortals Of Meluha. _/\_
As I already mentioned, this book is strictly not for those who believe in Lord Ram's ways of ruling, saivism or Shiva Puran and that intrigued me to proceed with the sequel.
And it did not disappoint me, not even a bit of it.
Shiva seeks justice for the death of his friend Brihaspathi, and as fate unfolds, he travels to Panchavat
Mayuri
Sep 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
YUCKS....!!!!!!!!
really....?? did I read it?? I mean...seriously????
This book had been at the top of the list by The Telegraph....and I can't believe Telegraph would recommend us to read such a crappy book....not only Telegraph...even one of my friends recommended me this book..I couldn't even read further than 100pages....
the story matter sucks...the language sucks....the writing style sucks...sense of humor zero...it felt like I was reading a book written by a sixth grade student....
the only t
Parvathy
I still maintain that this book is a great concept. Taking an Indian God like Shiva with multiple facets to his persona and coming up with such an elaborate tale takes a different kind of imagination. Having grown up hearing stories about Gods like Shiva, Vishnu, Rama, Krishna etc curiosity was the one thing that drew me towards the first book in the series. But the curious thing about this book is that even though you want to be surprised and confronted with out of the world conspiracy theories ...more
Scarlet
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disappointing, india
2.5

“The opposite of love is not hate. Hate is just love gone bad. The actual opposite of love is apathy.”

And that pretty much sums up my feelings for this book – not love, not hate. Just apathy.

It hurts me that I cannot give this book a better rating. All things considered, The Secret of the Nagas deserves at least a three, for the sheer ingenuity of its concept. But my ratings are always based on how intensely a book affects me, and as frustrating as it is to admit, this book did not affect m
Harshita
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Read....
Mr Amish starts with a basic idea of 'what if our gods were humans, albeit with super strength and long lives, in the past whose history has now become steeped with myths and legends....' and builds a brilliant story around it....
The characters are strong, the plot is well developed and the description is wonderful...I felt mythology come alive all around me!
There are many books which use the greek and roman mythology in their plots...I am glad that Mr. Amish has decided to explo
Ashish Iyer
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book 'The Secret of the Nagas' follows 'The Immortals of Meluha' the first book in the 'Shiva Trilogy' series. A brilliant sequel to the first novel of the Shiva Trilogy. I could not have asked for more. Amish has done a wonderful job to bring out this fast-paced and action packed thrilling ride complete with drama, action, devotion, loyalty, philosophy, spirituality and vengeance spiced up with romance, conspiracy and deception. It took the epic to a new level. Every character in the ...more
Neha
Actually 4.5 stars....

Finally the book is out. For past one year we (and here I can talk about four of us) have been waiting for the release of this book. Checking every month and then on a weekly basis. Its one of the firsts in Mythological fiction in India based on God Shiva. For me Shiva is probably the most maverick of the Trimurti of Gods – Brahma, Vishnu & Mahesh – birth, life & death and comes across as someone so un-God like. He is not saintly or perfect, he does not follow rules
Anusha Jayaram
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deepti
Aug 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The one reason, I read through the series, though incomplete, is the very serious romanticized take on a mythological figure. Shiva, one of the most masculine, virile men in Hindu mythology provides the perfect hero to this epical narrative. The story isn’t very great, but is saved by the very magnificent characterization of Shiva. The only thing you, as reader, wants is to see him happily married to Sati, playing the hero, and fighting the bad guys. A major glitch I feel this book has is the ve ...more
Fuad Al Fidah
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
কখনও রোলার কোষটারে চড়েছেন? অথবা ফযানটাসি কিংডমের মযাজিক কারপেটে? চড়ে থাকলে বুঝবেন যে যখন আপনাকে খালি এদিক ওদিক ছুড়ে দেয় আর আপনার কিছুই করার থাকে না তখন কেমন লাগে। বইটা পড়তে গিয়ে ও আমার একই অবসথা হইছে। সিমপলি জটিল। এত এত বই পড়ে যখন নিজেকে পরবাধ দিচছি যে নতুন আর কি টুইষট লেখক দিবে? সব ত আগেই বুইঝা গেছি। তখনি লেখক আমাকে একটা করে শক দেন, আর আমি বুঝি যে নারে এখন ও এত বুঝবান তুই হস নাই।
অসাধারন কাহিনীকার লেখক। তার লেখনি তে মুগধ হতেই হবে। বড়জোর ৫০ পাতা আপনি মেজর কোন টুইষট ছাড়া যেতে পারবেন। এরপর শক খেতে
Gayatri
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
in spite of not being enamored with the first book, i read the secret of nagas just to satisfy my curiosity of how the author managed to progress the plot in the book 2 of the trilogy. to cut a long story short, im disappointed. in the first book i could see glimpses of screenplay-ish writing and in this one im convinced that this series was written for a movie. maybe even with john Abraham as Shiva.

no character in this book is completely evolved, including that of Shiva. as a result, there is
Harish Challapalli
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fiction lovers
Recommended to Harish by: Chanchal Pati
What a franchise!! Though this is not very gripping like the first edition i thoroughly enjoyed reading this books!! As i have said in my review for the first part that one should remove from his mind that shiva is god and proceed reading, then one can enjoy the book!!

Author has to be appreciated for coming up with such a brilliant idea and i bow before his thought of fiction blended mythology!! At many places i felt like my hand was trembling with excitement! The starting chapters were not soo
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Secret of the Nagas (Shiva Trilogy #2), Amish Tripathi
Ankit Mahato
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well Bose and I couldn't resist getting the sequel to The Immortals of Meluha. The first book ended abruptly in midst of a battle which was a clever strategy deployed by the author. But this sequel was worth a shot.
The Shiva Trilogy 2: The Secret of The Nagas came with a expanded map of India showing us the territory of the "evil" Nagas.

Rarely one comes across a sequel better than its predecessor. And this book can be surely counted as one of them. Every line of the book catapaults into opening
Chenthil
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Riju Ganguly
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Last night, at 10-30, just before my weary head hit the pillow, I felt the need to read, or at least start reading a book. It's nothing unusual, and I'm sure that bibliophiles would be thoroughly acquainted with the feeling, and it's consequences. Although the first book in the Shiva trilogy had ended in quite a cliffhanger, I had refrained from diving into the second book until then. But for some reason, last night I picked up that one. It was 02-30 in the morning when the book was finished. I ...more
Muddle head
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indian-fiction, i-own
Loved it! A fitting sequel to the immortals of meluha and similar to that one, even this part is stopped at a very crucial juncture, to those who have the bad habit of reading the last page of a novel first, do not do so with this one ;)

Coming to the story, nothing much that i can talk about it without spoiling the experience for those who are yet to read it. This book eases down on the action a bit and has more of those interesting conversations with the Vasudevs/Pandits. There were a lot of ne
Zahidul
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
পরথমটার মতো এতো দুরদানত না হলেও ওভার অল বেশ ভালো লেগেছে। ...more
Sumit
Mar 11, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
the book is dissapointing to say the least,,, the author is in too hurry to declare his character as great,, there plans as marvellous and there actions as something of legendary,, what he lacks is writing,, either he believes that reader to too busy to read the character buildup, or he believes reader would be idiot enough to accept any structure to be divine just because author say it so...

means what is point of writing it if u not bother to describe it to the full details,,, one of the main s
Pooja Banga
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Today, He is a God.

4000 years ago, He was just a man.

The hunt is on. The sinister Naga warrior has killed his friend Brahaspati and now stalks his wife Sati. Shiva, the Tibetan immigrant who is the prophesied destroyer of evil, will not rest till he finds his demonic adversary. His vengeance and the path to evil will lead him to the door of the Nagas, the serpent people. Of that he is certain.

The evidence of the malevolent rise of evil is everywhere. A kingdom is dying as it is held to ransom
Dion Yulianto
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buku ini adalah kisah fantasi yang lengkap. Petualangan ada, mitologi banyak, pertempurannya cukup menegangkan, mengajak merenung juga iya. Lebih dari itu semua, lewat Siwa, penulis mengajak pembaca untuk memandang orang lain tidak dari fisik atau status mereka. Jika kita mau mencoba memahami, selalu ada alasan di balik setiap perilaku buruk maupun baik. Siwa yang Mahadewa saja menghormati setiap orang baru yang dijumpainya, masak kita yang alay gini kok sok suci dan sok benar sendiri. Kisah len ...more
Lady Clementina ffinch-ffarowmore
Three and a half stars again- As in the first instalment, it is the plot and the pace that keep one completely engrossed, one wants to keep reading on to see what happens. The plot is very exciting, imaginative, and interesting. But my complaint with the language in the first book continues in this one- it just seems unsuited to the setting and the time- not quite right. Of course, this isn't stopping me from moving on to the final instalment.

(review date 10 May 2014)
Ashok Krishna
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally I picked up this much-awaited sequel to the book ‘The Immortals of Meluha’ and, boy, I wasn’t disappointed. The sequel arrived after I had almost forgotten the plot of its predecessor, but the thrill and adventure, as well as the unique plotline made it all rush back into my brain’s core.

The book begins where the previous installment ends – Shiva and Sati chasing their assailant. The adventure that starts at the first page, ends only in the last page, with adrenaline oozing out of every
Manu
Sep 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Part 2 of the Shiva Trilogy. Shiva continues his journey from Meluha into Swadeep, after managing to broker a peaceful arrangement between the Suryavanshis and Chandravanshis. He then shifts his focus to what he considers a common threat, and a fount of evil - the Nagas. His search for the Nagas takes him into the Chandravanshi kingdoms and brings him in touch with various populaces who have ties with the Nagas. As the book progresses, events force Shiva to reconsider his belief in the Vasudevs ...more
Ayon Bit
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second Novel of Amish Tripathi. This is a very serious romanticized take on a mythological figure.
Shiva the god of god, a virile man in Hindu mythology provides the perfect hero to this epical narrative. At last shiva married to Sati, this is only matters to read this book. mythology provides the perfect hero to this epical narrative.
Briliantina Hidayat
Fiuh! Akhirnya kelar juga.
Tenang ... gak bakal ngasih secuil review tentang isi buku di sini. Bahaya spoiler terlalu gede soalnya. Jadi cukup percaya saja ya, buat pecinta adegan action, setidaknya ada 7 adegan pertempuran di buku ini.
Buat pecinta romance, ada satu romance unyu menanti.
Buat penyuka dialog-dialog filosofis, buku ini luber deh.
Nah, jika kalian penyuka misteri, jangan khawatir. Ending-nya cliffhanger. Jelas bikin penasaran kan?
Yuk baca edisi Indonesianya awal taun depan ;)

Btw
Samriddhi
this was a good book to read during free time
Though some chapters seemed out of the flow but nearing the end,it all starts to connect.
If one thinks that this book is the end and there is nothing twisty ahead....its time to think again.the oath of vayuputras is gar beyond what you expect.even though its fatter than others and has way too many chapters but I hope its worth a read...
Frankly,the immortals of Meluhas was more captivating than the secret of the nagas for me.
Onaiza Khan
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stuffed with thrill, adventure and action, the sequel takes you deeper in the Shiva trilogy that gets better and better. The Secrets of the Nagas are really intriguing and give you more than what you’re seeking.
  • Chanakya's Chant
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Jaya: An Illustrated Retelling of the Mahabharata
  • Siege of Mithila (Ramayana #2)
  • The Bankster
  • Asura: Tale Of The Vanquished
  • Govinda (The Aryavarta Chronicles, #1)
  • Swami and Friends
  • Johnny Gone Down
  • Brothers At War (Empire of the Moghul, #2)
  • The Palace of Illusions
Amish is an IIM (Kolkata)educated, boring banker turned happy author. The success of his debut book, The Immortals of Meluha (Book 1 of the Shiva Trilogy), encouraged him to give up a fourteen-year-old career in financial services to focus on writing. He is passionate about history, mythology and philosophy, finding beauty and meaning in all world religions.

Amish has most recently written the Shi

Shiva Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy, #1)
  • The Oath of the Vayuputras (Shiva Trilogy, #3)
“The opposite of love is not hate. Hate is just love gone bad. The actual opposite of love is apathy. When you don't care a damn as to what happens to the other person.” 490 likes
“Truth doesn't have to be liked. It only has to be spoken. Speak it out. The truth may hurt you, but it will set you free.” 119 likes