Start by marking “If He's Tempted (Wherlocke, #5)” as Want to Read:
If He's Tempted (Wherlocke, #5)

If He's Tempted

(Wherlocke #5)

Lady Olympia Wherlocke has the gift of foresight. When Lady Agatha Mallam asks Olympia to locate her brother so he can rescue her from an arranged marriage, she knows exactly where to find Lord Brant Mallam, Earl of Fieldgate. What happens next is something she never envisioned…

Since his betrothed died, Lord Brant Mallam has drowned his sorrow with wine and women. His dis
Published April 2nd 2013 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about If He's Tempted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If He's Tempted

Fernanda Granzotto
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This book (as the whole series, as far as I can remember) touches on sensitive topics that some people may not like or feel bad about reading, keep that in mind if you are going to read this series of books.
Among these topics are abuse, pedophilia, child trafficking among other things and no these things are not made / caused by the main characters.
Beth
Lady Olympia Wherlocke is asked by Lady Agatha Mallam to help her find her brother and rescue her from a marriage arranged by her mother. Lady Olympia agrees that the match that Agatha’s mother is preparing is preposterous and downright evil so she promises her that she will help.

The Earl of Fieldgate, Lord Brant Mallam was been swimming in his cups since the woman he loved was sold into slavery by his mother. He has no idea the depravity and cunning Lady Mallam has implored against her own chil
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I swear, the villains and danger in these books just become more ludicrous with each new book. As I said in my review of #4, it's a shame that Howell's writing can't do her ideas justice because the premise of these books is great. Their execution, however, is lacking. Every story has the same formula and rarely deviates from that path, the dialogue isn't realistic and often far too flowery, and the repetition drags the pace down to a snail's pace.

Also, I'm really tired of lame book covers. Gene
Penny Watson
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Didn't have enough paranormal stuff for me. I was a little bit disappointed with that. But I loved the H/h. The Wherlocke family is awesome. Hannah Howell has created a really cool historical paranormal family with this series.

B+
Barbara ★
Hannah Howell does it again. After the death of his fiance, Brant Mallam has divorced himself from his mother's machinations which directly resulted in Faith's death. Unfortunately, this allowed his mother to take full control over the household and enter in disgraceful practices like kidnapping and selling children in to sexual slavery. When Brant finds this out from Olympia Wherlocke, he is furious and determined to see his mother get what she deserves. Olympia got involved when Brant's sister ...more
Lindsay Avalon
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
NOTE: I received a copy of this book on NetGalley for the purpose of review.

WHAT I LIKED:

Let me start by saying that I adore Hannah Howell's Highlander novels. They were some of the first historical romances I ever read and I fell in love with her writing style. I knew she'd branched out into other sub genres of historical romance, but had never given them a try. Then this book popped up in NetGalley and I knew I had to check it out.

This is the latest in the Wherlocke-Vaughn series, I believe bo
Nita
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Before reading the book description, I assumed this was a vampire book. The male model on the cover is so pale! But after reading the description, I learned, in fact, that this is not a vampire novel. There is a small paranormal element in the book, but no vampires.

All the Wherlock's have some sort of gift, and the heroine, Lady Olympia Wherlocke, has the gift of foresight. Olympia is a woman with purpose. She loves helping her family and others. She is asked by Lady Agatha Mallam to help find
Steamywindows♥♫
I have to admit, this book just didn't do it for me, and I had to force myself to finish. I think perhaps this is a book that can't be read as a stand alone because the references to the other family members didn't really add a lot to the story for me. Therefore anyone reading this review should be aware that I did read this as a stand alone, so take my comments in that context.
The reason I didn't enjoy this book was the superficiality of the writing. Brant, the hero was a dissipated drunk. Then
Shauni
Apr 15, 2013 rated it liked it
If He's Tempted is Book five in Hannah Howell's Wherlocke Series and it brings as much fun and intrigue into the world of the Haute Ton as the rest of the books. Murder, Mayhem, Calculating Greedy Mothers (evil, calculating, greedy Mothers), Lost Children, arranged marriages.... yeah it's got some stuff going on.. Oh and toss in the family "talent" and things just get crazy fast.

Lady Olympia Wherlocke, had the ability to "see" what had happened by touch. Chairs, walls, clothing.. anything she to
Toni
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kensington-arcs
4.5 Stars

In my opinion, If He’s Tempted is a nice change from the normal historical. With a touch of the paranormal, a dastardly evil villain and steamy sexual undercurrents, I enjoyed myself from start to finish.

The Wherlocke / Vaughn family have been outcasts for many generations. They sit on the edge of society; actively participating, but weary of the ton. Lady Olympia became a widow at a very young age and doesn't allow the ton dictate her comings and goings and when someone weaker asks for
Minna
This was an improvement on If He's Sinful, which I could not stand. It is obvious that Ms. Howell's writing technique has improved, although her style (telling, instead of showing; repetitiveness; and recycled plot devices) has not altered much.

I did finish this one, because I wanted to find out how it would end (the plan that Olympia and Brant came up with seemed totally unrealistic, and I wanted to see if they would carry it out or change it). But it really wasn't that great.

Olympia Wherlock
Dianne
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: galleys-arcs

If He’s Tempted – Hannah Howell

This is part of a series, but I must tell you I have not read but a couple of them and I had no problems treating this like a stand-alone book. Ms Howell does an excellent job of giving you enough back-story so that you never get lost.

I do so love the Wherlocke’s and I really wish I had been keeping up with them a little more. I didn’t realize just how much I was missing until I picked this book up. I had totally forgotten just how funny an author like this could b
Erin Burns
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This 5th book in the Wherlocke series features one of the other most present characters in the series. I’ll admit, for some reason I wasn’t really looking forward to her story. I don’t know, for all her bawdy conversations, she just felt so spinster aunt-like that I didn’t even foresee her story until I came to it. And it wasn’t even a logical reason, for me, because I like spinster heroines. But I started looking forward to this one once I realized the hero was Brant, who had been so cruelly be ...more
Vicki
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the only book I have read from this series and I have to say, I didn't feel it hurt that I had not read the rest. This book was provided to me by NetGalley.
The book starts off with Agatha Mallam, a 16 yr old, coming to Olympia Wherelocke to try and get help reaching her brother. Her Mother has made an arrangement to marry her off to a man of questionable moral character and old enough to be her Grandfather. Agatha has tried to reach Brant, her brother, but he isn't returning her letters.
Blodeuedd Finland
It was book 5, but it went well just jumping right in. I soon had the hang on things. And as it was HPNR the books all have different couples.

This book is about Lady Olympia. She was so kind, all big heart. Smart and just the kind pf person that would be a perfect friend. She also knew what she wanted and never gave up. She does have some secrets that we later learn.

The hero is a rake with a truly bad rep, but then he also have the mother from hell who does everything to destroy his rep even mor
Aspoon
May 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
Okay, I DO NOT understand how ppl are giving this book good ratings. I mean the ONLY good thing about this book was the COVER!

The first 12 chapters I felt like I was reading a mini-series of the tv show Maury (set in the 1800s), with all the illegitimate kids looking like each other and not really knowing if they were really family or not... I do know that having by-blows were normal back then but gee wiz...and secondly, out of all the books I've read I have NEVER seen an Earl so cowardly and ou
Mcfree
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it
It took me three tries to finish the book. I'd see it and think, I'd like that book then give up after reading for a while. It just didn't hold my attention.

I like stories with magic and extra-normal characters and events, but the ones in this book were mot really a part of the story.

The hero, Mallam, I don't know, just didn't work for me. I might of liked the heroine Olympia Wherlocke, but she seemed more of a set piece than a real person. The names are kind of yucky, too, which didn't endear
Cenaida
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, paranomal
It was a very good book. I enjoy reading a lot of Hannah Howell books. I did not give it the five stars because I was left hanging about Brants half-brothers. We weren't told what happen to them. It's like an unfinished part to the book. Well let's see if we find out in the following books. It still a wonderful book.
Robin
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just had to get the rest in the series.
Hasnamezied
What can I say, I simply love the Wherlocke family. Brant and Olympia were super lovely
Netha
akhirnyaaaaaaaaaaaaa cerita ttg olympia nongol juga, senengnya hatiku...

mari bercerita......

Lady olympia Wherlocke, terpaksa harus ikut campur masalah orang lain saat suatu ketika Lady Agatha Mallam datang mencari Ashton untuk meminta bantuan Ashton mencari kakak Lady Agatha, Brant Mallam, Earl of Fieldgate yang tidak bisa dihubungi sama sekali.
Lady Agatha perlu menemukan sang kakak agar sang kakak bisa membantunya melepaskan diri dari ikatan pernikahan yang diatur sang ibu untuknya dengan Lord
TinaMarie
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reisha Ritchie
At some parts, I was doing the ugly cry how upsetting and sad it was. I enjoyed the book, however the past hour or so Of the book, I skimmed.
CaroMommie
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed Olympia's story. Enough twist and turns to keep you engaged. The introduction to new characters was fun.
Jody
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, library
Have been waiting for the book since the scene in the basement of the whore house in If He's Wicked. Brant and Olympia have a long drawn out ordeal to clear up the chaos from Lady Letitia. Glad all turn out to be well.... fixable.
Tammy
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What

I wrote a review and I will again great book should read I have now this is my third time and will again
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/04/review-...

Lady Olympia Wherlocke has never made a promise she couldn’t…wouldn’t keep, so when a young girl comes to her in desperation, Olympia promises to do anything and everything to help her. Lady Agatha Mallam’s mother is trying to sell her into marriage to a much older man who is rumored to have sadistic tendencies and an unfortunate incurable ailment. Only her brother, the Earl, has the power to stop their mother but he has buried himself
Zel Polev
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Idella Sanders
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is truly a GREAT read!

I did not read the series I order, BUT I have not had a better time in reading this author's works! Ms. Howell's skill in applying humor, Romance, and intrigue are superb. I would and have shared the joy I found on her talented writing with my family and friends! I recommend reading the whole Wherlocke treasury!
Mary
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
If He's Tempted

Hannah Howell
April 2013, Paranormal Historical
Zebra Books, $7.99, 353 pages, Amazon ASIN 1420118803

Grade: B+
Sensuality: Warm

I believe that I have read every book that Hannah Howell has written. While each book in her medieval series has a predictability and formulaic feel, there is something about Howell’s books that is just comforting to me. Even so, there is not one of her medieval books that I would award a very high grade precisely because of that predictability. However, If H
  • Highland Hearts
  • Wolfishly Yours (Westfield Wolves, #6)
  • The Brat
  • The Chieftain (The Return of the Highlanders, #4)
  • Surprising Lord Jack (Duchess of Love, #2)
  • Sinner's Heart (The Hellraisers, #3)
  • The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl (Geek Girls, #1)
  • Viking in Love (Viking I, #8)
  • One More Kiss (Pennistan, #5)
  • The Marrying Season (Legend of St. Dwynwen, #3)
  • Slow Heat (The Bounty Hunters, #5)
  • Every Time with a Highlander (Sirens of the Scottish Borderlands, #3)
  • Her Highness and the Highlander (The Princess Brides, #2)
  • The Christmas Knight
  • The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3)
  • Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
  • Warrior Reborn (Warrior, #2)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin

Wherlocke (7 books)
  • If He's Wicked (Wherlocke, #1)
  • If He's Sinful (Wherlocke, #2)
  • If He's Wild (Wherlocke, #3)
  • If He's Dangerous (Wherlocke, #4)
  • If He's Daring (Wherlocke, #6)
  • If He's Noble (Wherlocke, #7)