Start by marking “ScrapTherapy® Scraps Plus One!: New Patterns to Quilt Through Your Stash with Ease” as Want to Read:

3.36  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
While it is well-loved, leftover scrap fabric can start to feel familiar to quilters, so Ford reinvigorates the desire to use their collection. Not only does she recap her sought-after, step-by-step instructions to cut and organize smaller pieces of fabric and share 20 fabulous new patterns for quilts and other accessories, she introduces how adding one new element to your ...more
Published April 16th 2013 by Taunton Press (first published April 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about ScrapTherapy® Scraps Plus One!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ScrapTherapy® Scraps Plus One!

Mia
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
The author has technical/math aspects of quilting down and provides good information about these. The book feels wrongly titled as she includes projects that are not scrap projects by any reasonable definition, but that's perhaps a matter of opinion. Her fabric and color choices are quite idiosyncratic and you may need to look past these to see the value in her instructions and technique.
Emily
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: craft-quilting
I didn’t like this one as much as the original scrap therapy. That one turned me into a user of the scrap therapy method of cutting scraps into usable sizes, though I did some of my own modifications. This book repeats the steps to use Scrap Therapy as an organizational method, which I was expecting, and then has some new patterns. It was the patterns that knocked this one below the original for me. It’s not that I didn’t like them, and I don’t mind adding an element (meaning new yardage) to a g ...more
Lynne N
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty fun book to look at. The basic idea is that you cut up your quilting fabric stash into a couple different sizes of squares and then save them, neatly stacked in boxes, for a moment of inspiration. Book comes with many suggestions for scrap quilt patterns. But like most books I've seen about scrap quilts, you can't pick your scraps willy-nilly. You have to choose your colors and patterns carefully. I personally decided I didn't want to use this approach.
Angela
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good for anyone who doesn't know what to do with their scraps. Some good hints for technique and storage. I didn't read through everything, mostly just looked for what I needed further help on. This is one book I'd love to keep for reference.
Candy
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: quilting
This was way too complicated for me to understand. Since I am very new to quilting, I don't even have a "stash", so don't take my opinion to heart if you know what you are doing!
Kathleen
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: re-read
Some cute projects.
Rachel
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
I didn't find anything to inspire me to hold on to this book for the day when I will work on a project. (Which realistically is a good thing)
Nora
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crafts, diy, sewing
All of two projects looked even mildly interesting. Going to have to pass.
Kat872
Jun 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I got a couple of ideas for my scraps from this book. I like the plus one idea because it appeals to my sense of order and allows me to use my scraps without them looking too chaotic.
Kathy  Rintelman