Start by marking “Unbinding The Alpha” as Want to Read:
Unbinding The Alpha

Unbinding The Alpha

2.58  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Pack alpha Dmitri wants to kill Adrian Marks, leader of a neighboring group of werewolves. Adrian is sexy, gorgeous, and a major player. Unfortunately, he is also Dmitri's mate, something that Dmitri will do anything to reverse.

When Dmitri's pack member, Tomas, goes missing, Adrian offers to help. Dmitri is between a rock and a hard place. Should he allow Adrian to help, d
Published August 8th 2012 by Amira Press

To ask other readers questions about Unbinding The Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbinding The Alpha

Whitney
Aug 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: shapeshifters
Dmitri’s character was an ass and wasn’t all-around consistant. First of all, his age of 42 doesn’t really jive with his background story nor his actions throughout the novel. He seems more like hot-head in his late 20s. I highly doubt a 42 year-old man would break into to someone’s house to try and beat them up because they essentially got rejected. Now, Adrian I can believe is 42; he seemed more of the adult out of the two. Dmitri was childish, mean and annoying.

Dmitri’s abuse toward Tomas wa
blub
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, shifter
Compared to other stories I've read from this author recently. This one wasn't too bad and I liked it considerably. There were aspects in the story I didn't like (treatment of Dmitri's brother by Dmitri, the disorder of the packs, Tomas coming off as a simpleton, etc.). I did like that this wasn't exactly an insta-love mate story. It was fun reading about Dmitri fighting the attraction to his mate. (view spoiler) ...more
Gabbi
There wasn't any emotional connection between the two heroes and in my opinion, the chemistry between them was lacking in many ways.

What made the book a one star for me was: I HATED the way the hero treated his brother, Tomas. Between constantly belittling him and the verbal abuse that constantly flowed from his mouth, I found that totally unacceptable. Ironically, Tomas was the only character I liked.

Jessie Potts
Aug 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-shifters
If you ignore the price tag this was a cute, light, quick read about destined mates and misunderstandings. It's only about 60 pages so there isn't that much of a plot line.

There is one steamy scene at the end and a small bit of world building. If this is the beginnings of a series, I'd be interested in reading it, though would love to know more about the characters, and maybe have a central theme to run through.
Melanie Broyles
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book could have had promise but there just wasn't enough character development and plot development. It's a shifter story about Adrian, a playboy or wolf in this instance, and Demitri, who is hurt by Adrian's refusal to mate with him. They team up in order to save Demitri's idiot of a brother and then decide they want to be mates.
Maya
May 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
1.5 Stars

No emotional connection. Two unlikable MC's. Plot holes. Dull sex.
Michi Rosa
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
This could be at leats a 4 stars, but it has many parts missing a long the story.
Shawnie Nicole
Dec 25, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm not sure how I feel about this book. Dimitri was a bit too much for me and his feelings. But I did love Adrian and Tomas despite how everyone treated him..
Gigi
Jun 24, 2013
J.i.c
Jul 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Penelope Rivers is a good girl from Utah with a naughty side!

Penelope Rivers is a bestselling erotic novelist of M/M romance novels and short stories. A hopeless dreamer, she spends her day thinking about all things fantasy, romantic and not. It is her view that when you start choking on the occasionally dry bread of life, you need something sinfully delicious to chase it down with. Currently, sh
More about Penelope Rivers